Why Paper?

Lario

Seems so long ago.
How come there are Mario games when he's paper?I think it's a top ultimate super hidden secret invisible portriat in super mario 64.What do
:shifty: u :shifty: think?

Lario said:
How come there are Mario games when he's paper?I think it's a top ultimate super hidden secret invisible portriat in super mario 64.What do
:shifty: u :shifty: think?

I get it... I think he just turned paper.
They have a Waliugi smiley now :waluigi: and still no Dry Bones smiley :(

He means how the Paper Mario games can canonically explain how Mario is paper... which is a big question, considering that a lot of characters jokingly realize their paper-ness...

Anyway, I think maybe, when canon is thought of as a whole, the paper stuff (despite the references to it and its gameplay uses) may not even exist. They could be thought of as a graphic style; very few people question why YI is so crayon-y; no one ever makes any theories about that...

I agree, I think the paper thing is just some gameplay mechanic that don't carry over in the story.

Actually, the context of the game explains it. Paper Mario isn't the actual adventure, but instead a novel written based on the adventure by Herringway (as he states outside Peach's Castle after you beat the game, his novel is titled "Paper Mario"). Paper Mario 2 has the explanation be a play, which I don't get (unless it is the script). I don't know whether this is true or not, but I'm guessing Super Paper Mario is actually the story told in the Light Prognosticus.

Dreyfus2006 said:
Actually, the context of the game explains it. Paper Mario isn't the actual adventure, but instead a novel written based on the adventure by Herringway (as he states outside Peach's Castle after you beat the game, his novel is titled "Paper Mario"). Paper Mario 2 has the explanation be a play, which I don't get (unless it is the script). I don't know whether this is true or not, but I'm guessing Super Paper Mario is actually the story told in the Light Prognosticus.

Based on the adventure?You're are going againstt YY398 and Gofer
(You proved it.)

The real thing is, they wanted cheese, but could get the rights to it. In japan its just called Mario RPG 2.

Lario said:
Dreyfus2006 said:

Based on the adventure?You're are going againstt YY398 and Gofer
(You proved it.)

Dreyfus: 1
Yellow Yoshi and Gofer: 0

PWNED!

Maybe Bowser tried to turn him into paper but something bad happened and they (all) turned into paper.After one year they got used to it and Bowser hatched up his plan of paperness.

Dreyfus2006 said:

I don't see how being in a novel, play, or book could turn anyone into paper.

In Japan its just called Mario RPG 2, and 3. Yeah, that wouldn't make me paper. The first one is a good explanation. The play thing is debatable.

Right, based on the novel it a novelty idea. XD

But based on the play is quite debatable indeed; my thoughts are that it may be the script. Otherwise, there must have been a sequel to Herringway's novel. Do note that Mario's paper abilities may never have existed, and it really may be Doopliss you play as in the play. (note: the Audience)

Those are all the guys enjoying the play. The paper abilities were CURSES, remember?

Yeah but they said it was curse to humiliate Mario but who find find being an paper aeroplane humiliating I would find it useful... Anyway would Bowser not have his fire breath otherwise it would have burned himself since he's paper. Also wouldn't the paper boat sink cause water shrivels paper up. Yeah smart I know

Dreyfus2006 said:
Right, based on the novel it a novelty idea. XD

But based on the play is quite debatable indeed; my thoughts are that it may be the script. Otherwise, there must have been a sequel to Herringway's novel. Do note that Mario's paper abilities may never have existed, and it really may be Doopliss you play as in the play. (note: the Audience)

Actually, the opening to TTYD features a story in a book, so you could say that that's just as credible of a source for being made of paper as Herringway's novel and the Light Prognosticus... although I still personally don't see how being in a book makes you paper.

Smiddle said:
Nintendo probably just wanted to be random.
I wonder if I work for them, then.

Aren't all the PM games a weird narrator telling a story?

Sort of. They have narrations like every other game, and their opening sequences do kinda imply that they're stories of sorts.

They are fairy tales for little kids. Except Bowser broke the Fourth Wall.
f_HEDWIGm_7db496e.jpg

Plumber said:
Smiddle said:
Nintendo probably just wanted to be random.
I wonder if I work for them, then.

No. If you worked for them, it'd probably be called "Hairy Pencil-Chewing Wearing an Eminem shirt Backwards While Listening to his Colour Radio Mario". Or me.

Back