What's Happened to the Wiki?

Stumpers

Hammer Bro.
Retired Wiki Staff
Am I mistaken in saying that just because of one event yesterday, we're falling apart? What's happened? And furthermore, why are the views of the majority being ignored for the views of the minority in that issue? If you guys don't know what I'm talking about, its about whether to use European or American terms in Mario Strikers Charged.

The minority, who favors Europe, is one person: A Link to the Past. My problem right now is a matter of principle. This is not the kind of website I like to write for, where someone with the same rank as me is able to override my decisions because he promises a higher level of elitism for the Wiki.

No, I am not neutral about this issue anymore.

That's why I'm leaving going inactive a bit (I, again, decided against leaving). Link and Washi are all of the power nowadays. It's not our opinions anymore, it's theres.

P.S. This is a great topic. We can discuss everything orderly.

I got blocked. I'm lead to believe it's temporary, although I don't know when it'll end. I'm trying to reach Wayoshi, but it's hard when I can't talk. ;) I still haven't been told which specific comment did it. Normally when issues arrise I can tell where I went wrong, but I'm not sure this time. I can't wait to see it, though :P We'll have to see. I hope this isn't just a, "did you hear what Stumpers said on the chat room where there is no record?" thing, but I doubt it, because Porple was there the whole time.

[revelation]
I do have my suspicions about the specific post that may be the block, but I'm not sure yet. I'll bet dollars to donuts on that post, though :)

Stumpers said:
I got blocked. I'm lead to believe it's temporary, although I don't know when it'll end. I'm trying to reach Wayoshi, but it's hard when I can't talk. ;) I still haven't been told which specific comment did it. Normally when issues arrise I can tell where I went wrong, but I'm not sure this time. I can't wait to see it, though :P We'll have to see. I hope this isn't just a, "did you hear what Stumpers said on the chat room where there is no record?" thing, but I doubt it, because Porple was there the whole time.

[revelation]
I do have my suspicions about the specific post that may be the block, but I'm not sure yet. I'll bet dollars to donuts on that post, though :)
Sorry to hear it, man. Looking at the log, Wayoshi blocked you for one day because of "personal attacks to A Link to the Past."

Yeah, it's not so bad. Link got it for one month, and honestly I could see there being a personal attack (singular), but I think even that was stretching it. From this day forward I must never assume that a talk page will be private! :lol:

Anyway, I'm not sure what specifically Wayoshi was talking about, because he never mentioned the post in question, but he also said he was trying to be fair with punishment, and he did show sympathy for me on my talk page and in the chat room, so we're cool. I've written up a nice update to Mario Strikers Charged, so you'll be seeing it around Sunday at the earliest ;)

I hope I never get blocked. That would be saddening.

YellowYoshi398 said:

Isn't it wild? When you first go to make an edit, and this message comes up. Something to the extent of, "You have been blocked by admin Hawtness for: [insert direct quotation from the restrictions list that best, but not perfectly, describes the situation]. You may kick and scream using any forms of communication not barred from you."

But... never mentions how long you're banned for... :( Makes me cry. Seriously though. I think we could better the system by literally describing the specific incident and also providing a direct way to talk to an admin about it. Thank goodness Wayoshi was on chat at that moment :)

I E-mailed sysops (AKA: Bugged Washi until he told me 8) ) When I was unblocked when I forgot.

YellowYoshi398 said:

Seriously, without the Wiki, I would be dead in a minute. At least I have Fantendo.

Bruce Bruno said:
what is everyone talking about? what happened here?

It's a wiki problem; everything's "falling apart" due to the favor of this guy named A Link to the Past (who no one really agrees with) to Wayoshi, pretty much our most powerful user. We must ban together, fight these blocks, overthrow the evil, and regain the democracy we love and enjoy... Never mind. It's a wiki-related problem, and I don't think you use the wiki...

um... I'm Toad. Y'now, that guy that helps from the side, but after they pop up for 5+ castles, you feel ready to choke them. yeah...

It's a wonder Mario is a hero. He broke into 7 castles for no reason to save some guy with an XTREMELY annoying speech. Y'know what, Toad? WHAT OTHER CASTLE???

very surpriseing I never got block. :shock:
I think I would be someone who would get blocked alot. and why is Link in the past in charge? He just join like a week ago.

Dry Bones said:
very surpriseing I never got block. :shock:
I think I would be someone who would get blocked alot. and why is Link in the past in charge? He just join like a week ago.

Link joined about September 2, 2005, making him one of our oldest users. He's only RETURNED about a week ago. And I doubt you'll ever get blocked...

Back