District 9

Yoshario

King Bowser
The movie looks epic. Who else is planning to see it?

For those of you who haven't heard about District 9, it's about aliens that come to Earth, or something, and we're racist against them.

It looks pretty good. I can't wait to see it. :)

Gulliver said:
The movie looks epic. Who else is planning to see it?

For those of you who haven't heard about District 9, it's about aliens that come to Earth, or something, and we're racist against them.
... Racist??? Okay...
But I saw a really nasty poster of it at a bus stop... *shivers*

From what I heard, it's quite good. I also heard that the space alliens being mistreated might be a resprentation of how the people who made the movie feel about illegal imagrants. :-\

Jeff said:
From what I heard, it's quite good. I also heard that the space alliens being mistreated might be a resprentation of how the people who made the movie feel about illegal imagrants. :-\
So.. the moviemakers want us to be kind to and encourage people who break the law?? Whatever...

Lavos said:
Jeff said:
So.. the moviemakers want us to be kind to and encourage people who break the law?? Whatever...
I guess, it's just a rumor though. Not realy sure...

Lavos said:
Jeff said:
Ugh. Please don't make a sarcastic post unless you know what you are talking about. If there is a movie that speaks out against a law, than it is not trying to encourage people to break the law, it's trying to encourage people to change the law.

Am I the only person who thinks this movie is propaganda?

Piraka Wario said:
Lavos said:
Jeff said:
Ugh. Please don't make a sarcastic post unless you know what you are talking about. If there is a movie that speaks out against a law, than it is not trying to encourage people to break the law, it's trying to encourage people to change the law.
Okay, I'm just really annoyed at people who think illigal immigrants are okay. It's really a problem where I live, and I don't quite think most people understand the seriousness of the situation.

Princess Jigglypuff said:
I kinda do, but I mainly think it's either a story writen to make a good movie, or a story with a deeper meaning. :-\

Jeff said:
Princess Jigglypuff said:
I kinda do, but I mainly think it's either a story writen to make a good movie, or a story with a deeper meaning. :-\
Nah. Peter Jackson is just making the movie because it's an epic idea.

I also heard that the space alliens being mistreated might be a resprentation of how the people who made the movie feel about illegal imagrants.

Actually, it's a metaphor of the apartheid.

Waluigi said:
Jeff said:
Can you possibly be that stupid? Who gives a *bleep* about whether they break the law, they aren't hurting anyone. Shut up and stop talking about things you don't know *bleep* about.

Waluigi said:
Piraka Wario said:
Lavos said:
Jeff said:
Okay, I'm just really annoyed at people who think illigal immigrants are okay. It's really a problem where I live, and I don't quite think most people understand the seriousness of the situation.
What the fuck are you talking about? They're people who come to the country illegally. BOO HOO. Who gives a fuck? How is it a problem? Sure, the Republicans whine about it a lot, but that's because they're Republicans.

Thom Yorke said:
Waluigi said:
Jeff said:
Can you possibly be that stupid? Who gives a *bleep* about whether they break the law, they aren't hurting anyone. Shut up and stop talking about things you don't know *bleep* about.

Waluigi said:
Piraka Wario said:
Lavos said:
Jeff said:
What the fuck are you talking about? They're people who come to the country illegally. BOO HOO. Who gives a fuck? How is it a problem? Sure, the Republicans whine about it a lot, but that's because they're Republicans.
And they're harming the country by not paying taxes. And we don't have room for them.

Dr. Evil said:
Thom Yorke said:
Waluigi said:
Jeff said:

Waluigi said:
Piraka Wario said:
Lavos said:
Jeff said:
What the *bleep* are you talking about? They're people who come to the country illegally. BOO HOO. Who gives a *bleep*? How is it a problem? Sure, the Republicans whine about it a lot, but that's because they're Republicans.
And they're harming the country by not paying taxes. And we don't have room for them.
Yes. Exactly the problems I mentioned but didn't say.

Thom Yorke said:
1) Calm down.
2) Quite a few murders in New Mexico were committed by -- surprise, surprise -- illegal immigrants. That doesn't include other states'/countries' increased crime rate caused by illegal immigrants. Not ALL of them are bad, but there are some out there that do cause damage. Nothing is one-sided, Scarecrow.

Thom Yorke said:
DUDE.

Even Democrats bitch about illegal immigrants. Know why? Besides the fact that they are here illegally, many companies hire said immigrants because they're willing to work for the lowest possible amount of money. This causes the legal American citizens to not be able to have as many job opportunities. (Which, to be fair, they deserve those job opportunities. If immigrants want the opportunities available in this country, then they need to come here legally.)

Liberals can be so funny at times.

By the way, the fact that the movie is from South Africa most likely is no coincidence. I wouldn't say that it's a reflexion of the case of illegal immigrants. I'm certain that it focuses more on the apartheid, in a more science fiction-y way. A'ight?

Glowsquid said:
I also heard that the space alliens being mistreated might be a resprentation of how the people who made the movie feel about illegal imagrants.
This kind of shows that the above almost-flame war was uneeded and didn't have anything to do with the movie. Should we lock this before Scarecrow comes back and ignites more of the thread with some insults (which may be derived towards me after I make this post), or should we just get back on topic?

Super Happy Nerd Time said:
Glowsquid said:
This kind of shows that the above almost-flame war was uneeded and didn't have anything to do with the movie. Should we lock this before Scarecrow comes back and ignites more of the thread with some insults (which may be derived towards me after I make this post), or should we just get back on topic?
You can get back on topic. I should have responded to that guy in PM, instead of here.

Stooben Rooben said:
Thom Yorke said:
1) Calm down.
2) Quite a few murders in New Mexico were committed by -- surprise, surprise -- illegal immigrants. That doesn't include other states'/countries' increased crime rate caused by illegal immigrants. Not ALL of them are bad, but there are some out there that do cause damage. Nothing is one-sided, Scarecrow.

Thom Yorke said:
What the *bleep* are you talking about? They're people who come to the country illegally. BOO HOO. Who gives a *bleep*? How is it a problem? Sure, the Republicans whine about it a lot, but that's because they're Republicans.
DUDE.

Even Democrats bitch about illegal immigrants. Know why? Besides the fact that they are here illegally, many companies hire said immigrants because they're willing to work for the lowest possible amount of money. This causes the legal American citizens to not be able to have as many job opportunities. (Which, to be fair, they deserve those job opportunities. If immigrants want the opportunities available in this country, then they need to come here legally.)
I'm going to respond to you in PM, the thread is derailed enough.

Back