Petey Piranha´s gender

Zero777 said:
Piraka Wario said:
In my opinion, plants don't really need genders. That said, I always got the idea Petey Piranha was a girl, and I always pronounce it's name as "Petty".

Now that I think about it, you now how "ette" and "a" are both use in female names, well in the U.S., "ey" is another letters use in female names so probably Petey is female, although my scientific explanation up there is something to go to also.
Isn't Petey short for Peter?

Makoto said:
Zero777 said:
Piraka Wario said:
In my opinion, plants don't really need genders. That said, I always got the idea Petey Piranha was a girl, and I always pronounce it's name as "Petty".
Now that I think about it, you now how "ette" and "a" are both use in female names, well in the U.S., "ey" is another letters use in female names so probably Petey is female, although my scientific explanation up there is something to go to also.
I think so. Bobby is short for Robert (I have no idea why). Marky is short for Mark. So Petey must be short for Peter.

Makoto said:
Zero777 said:
Piraka Wario said:

If I remember correctly, it is. I am well aware of that, but like I said, I always pronounce it "petty", which was how I thought it was pronounced when I first played the game when I was a kid.

OMimistasia said:
They could put Diddy Kong as small, put Rosalina as medium, and take out Dry Bones. He's too generic anyway.

Dry Bones is a classic enemy. You'd rather they got rid of him as opposed to one of the four (!) useless baby characters?

Also, MKWii categorizes based on size, not weight. Rosalina makes more sense where she is.

Anyway, Petey's probably genderless, but for arguments sake I'll continue to refer to it as male.

Back