Global Warming

Jeff said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Noah89 said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Noah89 said:
Gobidacamel said:
I would do ANYTHING to stop Global Warming and save our little tuxedo pals. Those little penguins are what make Antartica.....hmmm...well...ANTARTICA.
But penguins aren't even in any danger related to global warming.
The average temperature in Antarctica has increased by 5 degrees over the past 2 decades. I'd say that's a problem.
How is it bad? ???
Penguins need incredibly cold temperatures in order to survive. Antarctica needs incredibly cold temperatures in order to not melt. According to some science reports, the entire race of penguins in Antarctica will die if their home temperature increases by 35 degrees. If the temperature there raises 5 degrees every twenty years...

...It'll take approximately 140 years for those penguins to die.

Not really something to be taken lightly, now is it? :-\
140 years is a long time, mi amigo.
Lolfail. The earth has been around for hundreds of millions of years; 140 years is, like, 2 seconds as far as mother nature is concerned.

Stooben Rooben said:
Jeff said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Noah89 said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Noah89 said:
Gobidacamel said:
I would do ANYTHING to stop Global Warming and save our little tuxedo pals. Those little penguins are what make Antartica.....hmmm...well...ANTARTICA.
The average temperature in Antarctica has increased by 5 degrees over the past 2 decades. I'd say that's a problem.
How is it bad? ???
Penguins need incredibly cold temperatures in order to survive. Antarctica needs incredibly cold temperatures in order to not melt. According to some science reports, the entire race of penguins in Antarctica will die if their home temperature increases by 35 degrees. If the temperature there raises 5 degrees every twenty years...

Lolfail. The earth has been around for hundreds of millions of years; 140 years is, like, 2 seconds as far as mother nature is concerned.
No, the earth is atleast 6000 years old, if it was over a million it would of ended already. Plus there's no such thing as mother nature.

Jeff said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Jeff said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Noah89 said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Noah89 said:
Gobidacamel said:
How is it bad? ???

No, the earth is atleast 6000 years old, if it was over a million it would of ended already. Plus there's no such thing as mother nature.

PICARD FACEPALM.

Jeff, how could it be 6000 years old, when SCIENTISTS say that dinosaurs roamed the earth MILLIONS OF YEARS AGO?

............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........;~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......`

*facepalm*

They don't know that, they're just guessing. Do you know anyone who's been that around that far back to say that it's true?

EDIT: How did I forget to type "y"?

Général Maskass said:
I've got to say NG, I'm a bit surprised at your ignorance.
I'm laughing a little inside, and the more you say things like that, the harder I laugh. :dk:

Jeff said:
No, the earth is atleast 6000 years old, if it was over a million it would of ended already.
Dear God, what the HELL has our school system been teaching you? Or rather, what haven't they been teaching you? Almost every day, scientists are looking into our planet's past. With the millions of fossils lying around this planet, it's more than easy enough to prove that the earth is several million years old. The human race has been proven to be about 400,000+ -- (correct me if I'm wrong on the exact amount here, but I know it's at least 6 digits) -- years old; we've just evolved into what we are now. Reptiles, fish, and various types of bugs are some of the only things living to this day that were around back when the dinosaurs roamed several million years ago. Also, it has been surmised (and proven on some occasions) that the earth will live as long as the sun will. The sun is about halfway through it's life, so it has another 5 billion years to go. And, unless the human race or an extraterrestrial race completely obliterates this planet, Earth will be around just as long. As long as the sun is alive, Earth and the other 9 planets in this solar system and their moons will remain alive. (So long as no interference is made, as said before.)

Jeff said:
Plus there's no such thing as mother nature.
...Dude, seriously, use your brain. 'Mother Nature' is a nickname for, surprise-surprise, nature. Which is, in fact, the only living force that keeps the entire universe and all its goodies together.

Jeff said:
*facepalm*

They don't know that, they're just guessing. Do you know anyone who's been that around that far back to say that it's true?

EDIT: How did I forget to type "y"?

*resists banning for stupidity*

We have reliable dating methods that have shown that they Earth is at least 4.5 billion years old, based upon fossils that have been discovered dating back to those years.

Seriously, what are you, 4 years old?

So, NG. The Big Bang that created the universe was estimated to be billions of years ago. Guess what the Big Bang did? It created the Earth. To be a long story short, the Earth has been here for millions of years.

My inside's dying from laughter right now. It likes laughing at the world. :dk:

Jeff said:
My inside's dying from laughter right now. It likes laughing at the world. :dk:
If your entire arguments were jokes, I'm going to ban you.
iconneutralj.gif

Or better yet, I'll warn you. Then you'll take things seriously.

Gravity Antonion said:
Then you're trolling and I will warn you, Nerdy Guy.

I always win, buddy. You can't beat me.
I'm not trolling on purpose, I just have a wierd sense of humor.

Jeff said:
Gravity Antonion said:
Then you're trolling and I will warn you, Nerdy Guy.

I always win, buddy. You can't beat me.
I'm not trolling on purpose, I just have a wierd sense of humor.

Your "humor " is going to get your *bleep* banned.

Nerdy Guy said:
I'm not trolling on purpose
Oh, right, it was an accident.

Nerdy Guy said:
I just have a wierd sense of humor.
Then keep it Mindless Junk.

I've already warned you via PM.

Stooben Rooben said:
Nerdy Guy said:

I know that, and I responded. I was being serious, I was just saying what I was feeling in RL. I'm sorry for this, and I know that my record is scarred from misunderstanding, as you guys will think I'm a troll and from this day on treat me as one. I can see how people can get angry at you guys.

Jeff said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Nerdy Guy said:

I know that, and I responded. I was being serious, I was just saying what I was feeling in RL. I'm sorry for this, and I know that my record is scarred from misunderstanding, as you guys will think I'm a troll and from this day on treat me as one. I can see how people can get angry at you guys.
As long as you don't continue to troll, we won't treat you like one. (Or, at least I would hope so.)

It was fine that you were stating what you thought were the facts, but when you made it seem like you were joking/mocking us, that's when it went to far. I just wanted to point that out. I'm pretty sure you've learned your lesson, anyway, so you breaking the rules in the future shouldn't be a problem. ;)

Now, back to the topic of penguins disintegrating.

Jeff said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Jeff said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Noah89 said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Noah89 said:
Gobidacamel said:
How is it bad? ???

No, the earth is atleast 6000 years old, if it was over a million it would of ended already. Plus there's no such thing as mother
I was going to call you an idiot, but I'd be banned for 'flaming' if I did, so instead this post will be filled with the lyrics of Smells Like Teen Spirit. Hello, hello, hello, hello, hello, hello. With the lights out, it's less dangerous.

EDIT: Oh wait, I'd get in trouble for being off-topic anyway. So, ahemem:

I hate it how people always either underreact about global warming ("who cares about stupid penguins and polar bears durhur") or overreact ("THE WORLD IS DYYIIIIIING").

Sorry NG, but I have to say I disagree. Ancient human skeletons, dinosaur skeletons.. That proves it. Also, what do you mean you don't believe in nature? ???

John Freeman said:
Stooben Rooben said:
9 planets
What is this I don't even.
The fact that a bunch of scientists got together and decided to 'demote' Pluto to a moon is just plain silly, imo. Honestly, Pluto HAS a damn moon revolving around it. And it's been a planet ever since it was first discovered.

Back