Global Warming

N

Nerdy Guy

Let get this straight off the bat, I do belive there is global warming, however I do not believe it's a threat. It IS NOT melting the ice caps in a rate that we should be worried. The ice has actutly grown and is bigger than they were 30 years ago. The Polar Bears DO NOT need to be on the endangered list, since the ice caps will not melt completely beneath them. They are fine, so leave them alone PETA. (Go to ShyGuy's thread if you want to complain about PETA) To sum it up, I don't think we should worry about global warming.

So anyway, let's disscuss this overblown "issue" and see where you stand on this thing.

King Dedede said:
It won't destroy the world, but, if the scientific community is right, it's still a threat.
The "scientic community" has thought of alot of crap that has been proven false. (However I won't list them since you guys might kick my ass since most people think they're true)

Jeff said:
King Dedede said:
It won't destroy the world, but, if the scientific community is right, it's still a threat.
The "scientic community" has thought of alot of crap that has been proven false. (However I won't list them since you guys might kick my ass since most people think they're true)

The current opinion (which has indeed been mostly proven) is that global warming is real, and, to an extent, problematic.

Al Gore was exaggerating it, though.

King Dedede said:
Jeff said:
King Dedede said:

The current opinion (which has indeed been mostly proven) is that global warming is real, and, to an extent, problematic.

Al Gore was exaggerating it, though.
Yes, he was exaggerating it, but his movie scared some scientists so now they think it's a problem too. It's not a problem, the ice caps are not going to melt at a rate that they cannot be replaced, and the Polar Bears aren't in danger. Science and other media figures (e.g. Glenn Beck) are sometimes crazed or making crap up. (again Glenn Beck, even though he has nothing to do with global warming) There is no evidence that they can tell that everythin is going to be out of control, so they make a couple theries that everything going to die, Y2K was a theroy, and look what happened to that.

King Dedede said:
No, Y2K was just some dumb idea that no rational person took seriously.
Well, technically, it did happen to some bank in the Phillipines.

AKA the clocks were fucked.

Global Warming is real, and a threat, though not as threatening as people think it is.

Global warming has been around since the begining of time. Humans have added just a small portion to it. Without us, all of the stuff happining would still have happened.

Giygas said:
Global warming has been around since the begining of time. Humans have added just a small portion to it. Without us, all of the stuff happining would still have happened.

I beg to differ.

Upper Class Twit of the Year said:
Giygas said:

I beg to differ.
I'm not sure who to agree with. :undecided:

The earth's climate is warming naturally, but we're screwing it up to the extent that many animals don't have time to adapt.

Giygas said:
True, but humans are making it happen faster than it should naturally happen, MUCH faster.

Noah89 said:
Let get this straight off the bat, I do belive there is global warming, however I do not believe it's a threat.
It is a threat, just not a major one at this time.

Noah89 said:
It IS NOT melting the ice caps in a rate that we should be worried.
No, but our children's children (and further down the line) have to worry about that. No one should be selfish enough to not consider the welfare of their own kin.

Noah89 said:
The ice has actutly grown and is bigger than they were 30 years ago.
I have heard about that, but I also heard that it wasn't enough ice to make a dramatic difference. (i.e.: Maybe a few decades)

Noah89 said:
The Polar Bears DO NOT need to be on the endangered list, since the ice caps will not melt completely beneath them.
It's not the fact that the ice (their home) is disappearing that makes them endangered; it's the fact that there's nowhere near as many polar bears in the world as their once was and should be.

Noah89 said:
They are fine, so leave them alone PETA. (Go to ShyGuy's thread if you want to complain about PETA) To sum it up, I don't think we should worry about global warming.
It's not something that should be at the top of our list of concerns, but I wouldn't completely dismiss the fact that it can and most likely will cause problems someday in the future.

I would do ANYTHING to stop Global Warming and save our little tuxedo pals. Those little penguins are what make Antartica.....hmmm...well...ANTARTICA.

Upper Class Twit of the Year said:
Stooben Rooben said:
No one should be selfish enough to not consider the welfare of their own kin.

Most Swedish politicians are.
Well, that's no good.

Gobidacamel said:
I would do ANYTHING to stop Global Warming and save our little tuxedo pals. Those little penguins are what make Antartica.....hmmm...well...ANTARTICA.
But penguins aren't even in any danger related to global warming.

Noah89 said:
Gobidacamel said:
The average temperature in Antarctica has increased by 5 degrees over the past 2 decades. I'd say that's a problem.

Stooben Rooben said:
Noah89 said:
Gobidacamel said:
The average temperature in Antarctica has increased by 5 degrees over the past 2 decades. I'd say that's a problem.
How is it bad? ???

Noah89 said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Noah89 said:
Gobidacamel said:
How is it bad? ???
Penguins need incredibly cold temperatures in order to survive. Antarctica needs incredibly cold temperatures in order to not melt. According to some science reports, the entire race of penguins in Antarctica will die if their home temperature increases by 35 degrees. If the temperature there raises 5 degrees every twenty years...

...It'll take approximately 140 years for those penguins to die.

Not really something to be taken lightly, now is it? :-\

Stooben Rooben said:
Noah89 said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Noah89 said:
Gobidacamel said:
How is it bad? ???
Penguins need incredibly cold temperatures in order to survive. Antarctica needs incredibly cold temperatures in order to not melt. According to some science reports, the entire race of penguins in Antarctica will die if their home temperature increases by 35 degrees. If the temperature there raises 5 degrees every twenty years...

140 years is a long time, mi amigo.

Jeff said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Noah89 said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Noah89 said:
Gobidacamel said:
How is it bad? ???

140 years is a long time, mi amigo.

actually, thats a pertty short time. But theres a reason I'm not concerned about global warming at all. But I wont say it or people will kill me with fire and knives.

Back