Do you beleive in Jesus?

Do You???

• Yes

Votes: 70 74.5%
  • No

Votes: 24 25.5%

• Total voters
It's not just because you don't believe in Him. If you just believed He existed you wouldn't get to heaven.

Nabber said:
Jack Noir said:
I don't like this. God gave us free belief for a reason (if he exists.) I don't see a reason for him to send someone to hell just because you don't believe in him.
It's just a way to show that the only way to have a positive outcome after death is to believe in God. Pretty simple.

Not necessarily. If I'm an atheist and I do only good things during life, why would I go to hell?

Think of it this way:

If you kill somebody and in court, you say, "But I've given $100,000 dollars to charity and helped a bunch of hungry people in Africa!" You're still going to be punished, right?

EDIT: And it's impossible to be perfect. As humans, we have a sinful nature.

Yoshiwalker said:
Think of it this way:

If you kill somebody and in court, you say, "But I've given $100,000 dollars to charity and helped a bunch of hungry people in Africa!" You're still going to be punished, right?

EDIT: And it's impossible to be perfect. As humans, we have a sinful nature.

Killing someone is way different from not believing in god.

See, this is one of my problems with religion. I don't think any superpowered being would say "you don't believe in me, eternal damnation". That would be a dick move. I feel that religion should be based more than anything on being kind to other people.

centaursTesticle said:
See, this is one of my problems with religion. I don't think any superpowered being would say "you don't believe in me, eternal damnation". That would be a *bleep* move. I feel that religion should be based more than anything on being kind to other people.

Exactly!

Nabber said:
centaursTesticle said:
See, this is one of my problems with religion. I don't think any superpowered being would say "you don't believe in me, eternal damnation". That would be a *bleep* move. I feel that religion should be based more than anything on being kind to other people.
Exactly!
Per

Charles zi Britannia said:
Nabber said:
centaursTesticle said:
Exactly!
Per
*facepalm* God doesn't want anyone to go to Hell. But there is a Devil that does. Jesus died on the cross so that we can all go to Heaven, but you have to first accept him as your savior.

Also, even if you just believe in God, you won't go to Heaven. Satan believes in God, and he's certainly not in Heaven.

*facepalm*
Who even knows if Satan exists? And Jesus didn't die on a cross so we could all go to heaven. He died on a cross 'cause the Romans put him on a cross.

Fawfulfury65 said:
Also, even if you just believe in God, you won't go to Heaven. Satan believes in God, and he's certainly not in Heaven.
"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?" - Mark Twain

Nabber said:
*facepalm*
Who even knows if Satan exists? And Jesus didn't die on a cross so we could all go to heaven. He died on a cross 'cause the Romans put him on a cross.
If you really want to believe that, go ahead. But I think we have a God that loves everyone no matter what.

Mason said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?" - Mark Twain

Why couldn't Twain write in simpler English?

Nabber said:
Mason said:
Fawfulfury65 said:

Why couldn't Twain write in simpler English?
He did write in very standard English. I'm sorry he didn't have the clairvoyance to predict how the language would evolve so that he could make it easier for you.

Yep. That's actually VERY simple English, Nabber, ESPECIALLY for how long ago it was written.

Be happy it didn't have a single shred of turn-of-the-century slang.

Nabber said:
*facepalm*
Actually, he stopped his disciples from defending him.

About hell:
It's not that God damns people to hell. It's that humans deserve hell for their own sins. God has nothing to do with it, He only creates a way out.

How could you accuse Mark Twain of not writing in plainspeak? He was from Missouri, for crying out loud! :eek:

Do i believe there were people named Jesus yes do i believe that he was the sun of god no

Nabber said:
*facepalm*
Now now, take it easy, mate. No one likes bein' told their savior is a hack, so can ye perhaps be less elitist when statin' yer opinion?

Mason said:
Is that from any book in particular?

I've also heard John Milton's Paradise Lost makes a good case for Satan.

Brother Love said:
Brother Love said:
Do I believe there was a man named Jesus, yes. Do I believe that he was the son of god, no.
Fix'd
I stand by what i said i in my original post
I missed something..... fix'd again.
Don't quote me than edit it i think people are going to understand what i said

Back