Do you beleive in Jesus?

Do You???

• Yes

Votes: 70 74.5%
  • No

Votes: 24 25.5%

• Total voters
aaaaaaand another big bump of this thread.

Resurrection ;)

On-topic:
General bob-omb said:
Mason said:
evangelism - doing it wrong:
... um... okay... that doen't answer my question at all.
But it's still true, in a way.

General bob-omb said:
Yoshiwalker said:
But it's still true, in a way.
Not hardly...
Proverbs 28:9 - "He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination."

I don't think mass-evangelizing onto a somewhat large scale of people is as effective as seeking people one by one to spread the word. "Who here is an atheist?" Puh!

That's just me though - I typically avoid talking about my faith online, since in my experience, it falls upon deaf ears.

18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
It works both ways actually, Jesus even did this Himself as did the Apostles, but I am looking for one or two people. One or two... mass-evangelizing... not really...

General bob-omb said:
18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
From the Book of Matthew?

It works both ways actually, Jesus even did this Himself as did the Apostles, but I am looking for one or two people. One or two... mass-evangelizing... not really...
Well, I'm pretty sure there are WAY more than one or two atheists here, and I'm confused as to why you'd go to a Mario forum to find "two atheists" but whatever.

I have to agree with Mason here. Most people on the internet are dead set in their opinions. Also, you shouldn't just say, "How many of you are atheists" it just makes it seem really bad.

I don't start conversations about this but I will defend Christianity if need be.

Which is why you can see I've been debating about that for about 15 pages in this very thread.

Not necessarily two but that's all I have ever had debate with me at once on this topic and there are only so many people on the forum at a time. Anyway its not a mass amount is what I'm getting at.
By-the-way I was on this topic as well, and when did I say "How many of you are atheists"? I'm just looking for some one to debate with.
and are we really going to have a debate on whether or not I worded my intital statement correctly?

Unfortunately, yes.

This is why there are so many denominations, because us Christians can never seem to agree with each other for some reason.

There should just be two churches: Protestant and Catholic.

(Oh, I see where you are on the topic mason now, I was reading your statement wrong, my bad. But my above info remains true.)

I'm not debating against your wording. I'm debating against your intentions. The thread is a poll asking if you believe in Jesus. It's absurd to treat it as a debate but it's been happening for over 30 pages so I guess it's...

Well 30 pages of people bumping it just to LOOK for trouble.

...lol?

Ever so true, Jack, but of course the little things don't get us into heaven, only what Jesus has done does. So its okay.

We shouldn't look down on non-believers. In fact we should treat the same or even better than other Christians.

What? I don't look down on non-believers. We are all equally as sinful. Oh, and Mason you are correct that isn't the topic, I said that quite a while ago on pg. 27, I believe, but it constantly drifts off topic.

General bob-omb said:

From a skeptic's standpoint, you do realize that anyone could have written that and could have made it up.

I do agree that there's a good deal of evidence that Jesus was real. I just see no way he could be the son of God.

Guys, can we ban all arguments pertaining to religion? Please? They always become violent.

Remilia Bloody Scarlet said:
Guys, can we ban all arguments pertaining to religion? Please? They always become violent.
It hasn't gotten too bad so far.

And I have to agree that using the Bible to convince non-believers is pretty stupid.

Jack Noir said:

And I have to agree that using the Bible to convince non-believers is pretty stupid.
I agree with both of those things.

Jack Noir said:
Fight it early, and it won't have a chance to get too bad.

Funny, people have been saying that for like 16 pages now and I have yet to see reason to take any action.

Herr Shyguy said:
Funny, people have been saying that for like 16 pages now and I have yet to see reason to take any action.
If you guys don't feel comfortable talking about your religions, beliefs, etc., then either don't post here, or lock up this thread. Simple solution.

The truth is that Jesus never really meant to make a religion. He had some beliefs and his students decided to make it a religion witha few major changes.

Back