• Yes

Votes: 70 74.5%
  • No

Votes: 24 25.5%

• Total voters
Hacha Chacha said:
Mutsuki Minase said:
Like what?
In Leviticus 24:16 it commands you to stone people to death who swear against God.
Yeah, because the guy who was stoned broke one of the ten commandments and it was made clear that the penalty of breaking some of those commandments is death.

Mutsuki Minase said:
Hacha Chacha said:
Mutsuki Minase said:
Like what?
In Leviticus 24:16 it commands you to stone people to death who swear against God.
Yeah, because the guy who was stoned broke one of the ten commandments and it was made clear that the penalty of breaking some of those commandments is death.
To me it seems you're completly missing the point.

MrConcreteDonkey said:
Mutsuki Minase said:
Hacha Chacha said:
Mutsuki Minase said:
Like what?
Who are you talking to?

MrConcreteDonkey said:
He just doesn't want to get stoned.

I don't mean to argue like I'm an atheist in these types of things because I don't have the ability to lose my faith. I'm sticking with "love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all the soul..." (Deuteronomy 6:4) and "love your neighbour as you love yourself" (Leviticus 19:18) and any "contradictions" I've run into in the Bible seem to crumble away with a bit of logic. That said, I'm not the type of person who tries to tries to evangelize on deaf ears. In other words, I wouldn't dream of criticizing an atheist or trying to convert anyone on the internet. Me ranting on the internet won't change the Book of Life.

TLDR: I'm Christian but I don't act like it, and I don't try to make anyone else follow my faith.

Mutsuki Minase said:
MrConcreteDonkey said:
Mutsuki Minase said:
Hacha Chacha said:
Mutsuki Minase said:
Like what?
Who are you talking to?
You, Zero. Actually ironic Mason replying just when I was about to. >>

MrConcreteDonkey said:
I'm also going to say I don't completely reject atheism, and accept the possibility there isn't a God.

This.

Mutsuki Minase said:
BLT said:
Koopayoshi said:
Mutsuki Minase said:
[quote author="Bible"]
11 Ephraim’s glory will fly away like a bird—
no birth, no pregnancy, no conception.
12 Even if they rear children,
I will bereave them of every one.
Woe to them
when I turn away from them!
13 I have seen Ephraim, like Tyre,
planted in a pleasant place.
But Ephraim will bring out
their children to the slayer.”

14 Give them, LORD—
what will you give them?
Give them wombs that miscarry
and breasts that are dry.

15 “Because of all their wickedness in Gilgal,
I hated them there.
Because of their sinful deeds,
I will drive them out of my house.
I will no longer love them;
all their leaders are rebellious.
16 Ephraim is blighted,
their root is withered,
they yield no fruit.
Even if they bear children,
I will slay their cherished offspring.”
Obviously this is a warning to the parents, or grandparents or before, to stop or else they will suffer the consequences, and I think the part that say that God will kill the children was mistranslated, but that's my opinion, but I'll look it up and go deeper into it.

@General Bob-omb: These guys are right, you're being a bit one-sided here with the God to Fairy thing. Also stop saying that this is pointless argument, BLT asked questions and is getting answers that are debated and resolved to a good answer anybody can understand.
First of all is this even in the bible? What book is this in?
If it wasn't in the Bible, why would I post it or quote it as being in the Bible?

You might be surprised to find what is in the Bible. Many Christians don't read the Bible themselves and don't know it advocates terrible things.
Like what?
[/quote]
Infanticide, homicide, genocide, etc. The list goes on.

BLT said:
Mutsuki Minase said:
BLT said:
Koopayoshi said:
Mutsuki Minase said:
[quote author="Bible"]
11 Ephraim’s glory will fly away like a bird—
no birth, no pregnancy, no conception.
12 Even if they rear children,
I will bereave them of every one.
Woe to them
when I turn away from them!
13 I have seen Ephraim, like Tyre,
planted in a pleasant place.
But Ephraim will bring out
their children to the slayer.”

14 Give them, LORD—
what will you give them?
Give them wombs that miscarry
and breasts that are dry.

15 “Because of all their wickedness in Gilgal,
I hated them there.
Because of their sinful deeds,
I will drive them out of my house.
I will no longer love them;
all their leaders are rebellious.
16 Ephraim is blighted,
their root is withered,
they yield no fruit.
Even if they bear children,
I will slay their cherished offspring.”
Obviously this is a warning to the parents, or grandparents or before, to stop or else they will suffer the consequences, and I think the part that say that God will kill the children was mistranslated, but that's my opinion, but I'll look it up and go deeper into it.

@General Bob-omb: These guys are right, you're being a bit one-sided here with the God to Fairy thing. Also stop saying that this is pointless argument, BLT asked questions and is getting answers that are debated and resolved to a good answer anybody can understand.
First of all is this even in the bible? What book is this in?
If it wasn't in the Bible, why would I post it or quote it as being in the Bible?

You might be surprised to find what is in the Bible. Many Christians don't read the Bible themselves and don't know it advocates terrible things.
Like what?
Infanticide, homicide, genocide, etc. The list goes on.
[/quote]
I'm looking for specifics, not just what is done on the surface.

Please stop quote mountaining. I'm sure we're all tired of having to scroll three miles every time someone decides to quote that.

BLT said:
If I give you specifics, you'll somehow justify it by saying "Oh, well God made it clear that...".
And that will be the reason. It's like if you commit a crime, you will get arrested, go to court, and/or go to jail, it is made clear in the law.

BLT said:
I did stop quote mountaining.
I'm going to stop doing that to since we all know what I'm referring to.

Hacha Chacha said:
I managed to use this, which I remembered from your post, in an argument against my dad.

It was goddamn epic.

I believe he was just a guy who started a religion. I don't think he came back from the dead or anything. It's pretty likely that he was a real guy.

^
About that.

For a while I just didn't vote because I couldn't decide what the question was. My responses to the questions "Do you believe Jesus existed?", "Do you believe he was divine?", and "Do you worship him?" would all be different. ("Yes", "Don't know", "No", for the record.) Eventually I went with the latter interpretation since that's what most everyone in the thread seemed to be doing.

Yeah. I said this pages ago: many, many non-Christians do believe Jesus really existed (but just as a man.) I'm pretty sure it's a historical thing. Anything beyond that is spiritual.

BLT, we all accept that you believe the Bible advocates evil. But unless you have proof, I'm not at all inclined to believe you. You are also refering to the Old Testament, which Jesus explained does not apply to life today sometimes. In the New Testament, God told Peter that he could eat the unclean animals, something the Old Testament forbids.

Dr. Javelin said:
BLT, we all accept that you believe the Bible advocates evil. But unless you have proof, I'm not at all inclined to believe you. You are also refering to the Old Testament, which Jesus explained does not apply to life today sometimes. In the New Testament, God told Peter that he could eat the unclean animals, something the Old Testament forbids.
I gave proof in my previous posts. What about when one of the New Testament books say a women must have long hair? What about cancer patients?

You might not think the Bible is evil, but most Christians (perhaps you) have been taught to believe this at a very young age. When you are taught something at a young age, generally you stick with it.

Bailiff, please present the evidence to the entire court. I need a Bible chapter and verse, otherwise your "proof" is no good.

Back