Do you beleive in Jesus?

Do You???

• Yes

Votes: 70 74.5%
  • No

Votes: 24 25.5%

• Total voters
Piraka Wario said:
I heard it from random crazy Christians on youtube.
Did they actually cite a particular verse of the Bible (the text that they as Christians "claim" to believe in) or was it their own theory?

If I remember correctly, they cite places in the Bible where they can trace characters' families back to Adam and Eve. That said, I have not read the Bible, so I don't know how much of it is completely made up.

Piraka Wario said:
If I remember correctly, they cite places in the Bible where they can trace characters' families back to Adam and Eve. That said, I have not read the Bible, so I don't know how much of it is completely made up.
It is kind of interesting to see what concepts people come up with based on the text of the bible, though. The term "trinity" wasn't mentioned in the Gospels, but the ideas that make up the concept of the trinity are present.

Even if you can prove SOME of the events in the Bible actually happened, wether they were of divine intervention (or whatever the fuck you want to call it) is impossible to prove. And you can't prove WHEN ANYTHING in the Bible was written. So there's no way to say for certain if there is a higher being looking over - and possibly laughing at - us or not.

Gulliver said:
Piraka Wario said:
It is kind of interesting to see what concepts people come up with based on the text of the bible, though.
It's also interesting to see how people take parts of the Bible that aren't actually sacred (Leviticus is just a list of the laws they had around that time, for example) for their own hateful, prejudiced agenda. lolooolololololol gays are sooooo evilll

[quote author=Scarecrow von Steuben]lolooolololololol gays are sooooo evilll
[/quote]
Such practices are forbidden by the New Testament as well.

Tori Amos made a song about male superiority in Christianity and how much it pissed her off. That was a really good song.

Blue Monday said:
Even if you can prove SOME of the events in the Bible actually happened, wether they were of divine intervention (or whatever the *bleep* you want to call it) is impossible to prove. And you can't prove WHEN ANYTHING in the Bible was written. So there's no way to say for certain if there is a higher being looking over - and possibly laughing at - us or not.

Well actually, it's possible to prove every event in the Bible, just give me an event and I'll prove it.

In evolutionism, it states that everything came from something before it, but it says that the universe came from nothing, so the whole theory just self-detonate itself, a lot of people believe in the theory but it's too complicated, makes no sense, and some people believe in it for no reason (some because there aetheist and they have nowhere to turn to).

What's your proof, your priest told you it was done by God? Please.

Your creationism belief self-detonates itself as well. If you seriously believe evolution is flawed because it states everything came from nothing, then how do you explain where GOD came from? Nothing, absolutely nothing, can come from nothing, which means God could not have come from nothing and could not have created the universe. This of course means none of us should have ever come to exist, but I'm sure science will find out where we came from eventually. It's never failed us before!

While evolution makes a lot more sense than creationism, really, who cares WHERE we came from? All that really matters is our life now.

Zero777 said:
In evolutionism, it states that everything came from something before it, but it says that the universe came from nothing, so the whole theory just self-detonate itself, a lot of people believe in the theory but it's too complicated, makes no sense, and some people believe in it for no reason (some because there aetheist and they have nowhere to turn to).
This is a common mistake I see made by Christians(and probably people of other faiths, but since I live in the United States and speak English the vast majority of what I see is done by Christians), thinking that evolution has anything to do with the universe.

Evolution is about life and only about life. Unlike religions, there isn't a big scientific category that is "How we explain everything that a religion would explain". "Evolutionism" as you call it is not a religion. As far as I can tell, the idea that god made everything being drilled into Christians' heads since childhood makes it hard for them to understand that any two things could possibly have different causes and explanations.

Zero777 said:
Blue Monday said:
Even if you can prove SOME of the events in the Bible actually happened, wether they were of divine intervention (or whatever the *bleep* you want to call it) is impossible to prove. And you can't prove WHEN ANYTHING in the Bible was written. So there's no way to say for certain if there is a higher being looking over - and possibly laughing at - us or not.

Well actually, it's possible to prove every event in the Bible, just give me an event and I'll prove it.

You really believe that the only reason anyone believes in evolution is because they have nowhere else to turn to? That's pathetic.

Gulliver said:
[/quote]
And do you know why that is? They forbade homosexuality during that time because they needed kids- the world population was very low- and men having sex with men didn't produce kids. These days, however, the world population is high, so I don't see why God would care anymore. You say that "God is unchanging"- well, God may be unchanging, but he adapts to the situation. He can forbid something at one time for a good reason, then allow it later when the law is no longer necessary. I'm not saying that God changed from hating gays to loving gays, I'm saying that God loved gays all along, but back then, if everyone was gay there would be very few children. These days, it doesn't matter.

See what I mean? Unlike you, I combine logic with spirituality instead of blindly following spirituality and not bothering to wonder why homosexuality was forbidden.

ScarecrowPerson said:
Gulliver said:
And do you know why that is? They forbade homosexuality during that time because they needed kids- the world population was very low- and men having sex with men didn't produce kids. These days, however, the world population is high, so I don't see why God would care anymore. You say that "God is unchanging"- well, God may be unchanging, but he adapts to the situation. He can forbid something at one time for a good reason, then allow it later when the law is no longer necessary. I'm not saying that God changed from hating gays to loving gays, I'm saying that God loved gays all along, but back then, if everyone was gay there would be very few children. These days, it doesn't matter.

See what I mean? Unlike you, I combine logic with spirituality instead of blindly following spirituality and not bothering to wonder why homosexuality was forbidden.
[/quote]
So, God destroyed a huge city just because they weren't producing kids? And you're saying that a God who had provided for his people so many times before would have us around for him to manipulate? The whole reason we sin is because he lets us do our own thing.
On your other point. logic and sprituality don't mix. "Logic" is what the world believs, spirituality is what christians (and catholics, ect.) believe.

Blue Monday said:

Your creationism belief self-detonates itself as well. If you seriously believe evolution is flawed because it states everything came from nothing, then how do you explain where GOD came from? Nothing, absolutely nothing, can come from nothing, which means God could not have come from nothing and could not have created the universe. This of course means none of us should have ever come to exist, but I'm sure science will find out where we came from eventually. It's never failed us before!

While evolution makes a lot more sense than creationism, really, who cares WHERE we came from? All that really matters is our life now.

There's nothing before or after God, God lives for all eternity, nobody created him, it's ipossible for a human to understand.

That's your best argument? Wow, how blind can you get. You have no way of proving for sure that God exists other than "THE BIBLE TOLD ME SO!". There is no way to really prove where the hell we came from, so it's best not giving up your free will to some 'magic talking book'.

Waluigi said:
So, God destroyed a huge city just because they weren't producing kids?
Why did God kill and destroy people AT ALL? Honestly, the entire Old Testament is just one big narration of God killing us all. With a frightening God like that, why the hell are you afraid of Satan?

Zero777 said:
There's nothing before or after God, God lives for all eternity, nobody created him, it's ipossible for a human to understand.
I'm sorry, but I have to ask, why would god make the very concept of his existence inconceivable by humans, especially since not believing in him gets them sent to eternal torture for all of eternity?

Blue Monday said:

Wow, you don't see that good do you, we need to know our past. If we don't we'll never know what will happen in the future, and we'll not know how to solve it.

Piraka Wario said:
Zero777 said:
I'm sorry, but I have to ask, why would god make the very concept of his existence inconceivable by humans, especially since not believing in him gets them sent to eternal torture for all of eternity?
Because God loves to screw with us.

Zero777 said:
we need to know our past. If we don't we'll never know what will happen in the future, and we'll not know how to solve it.
Not necessarily.

Moonside27 said:
Because God loves to screw with us.
Wow, what an ass. At least Satan can play the fiddle AND electric guitar; How badass is THAT?

Zero777 said:
If we don't we'll never know what will happen in the future, and we'll not know how to solve it.
What Uniju said; Not necessarily.

Back