What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

Scarlet Street

Shrek 2.

The animation is very gorgeous for 2004 (It even looks great by today's standards, especially on Blu-Ray, which I watched it on). The plot is well-developed, and it's also amazing for 2004.

I love how the Fairy Godmother is evil, how she comfort eats when someone upsets her, and how there are are pop culture references (Like Burger Prince)

Is it me, or does Fiona look a little..differently as a human than in Shrek 1?

Julia-BM said:
Shrek 2.

The animation is very gorgeous for 2004 (It even looks great by today's standards, especially on Blu-Ray, which I watched it on). The plot is well-developed, and it's also amazing for 2004.

I love how the Fairy Godmother is evil, how she comfort eats when someone upsets her, and how there are are pop culture references (Like Burger Prince)

Is it me, or does Fiona look a little..differently as a human than in Shrek 1?

Shrek is love...but Shrek 2 is life. Can’t talk about Shrek without referencing the memes.

Justice League

And before you ask how, my university set up an early screening. It was very meh and generic. Better than Batman v. Superman, but that's not saying much. It was just average. Definitely paled in comparison to Thor, which I saw last Friday.

GalacticPetey said:
Justice League

And before you ask how, my university set up an early screening. It was very meh and generic. Better than Batman v. Superman, but that's not saying much. It was just average. Definitely paled in comparison to Thor, which I saw last Friday.
Is it also better than Suicide Squad?

I never saw it because I'm not one to torture myself.

Honestly, JL is probably a 5/10 film. It just seems like a better film put up against the rest of the DCEU.

Also, people criticize Marvel for bland villains? Steppenwolf was a MAJOR let down. One of the most bland and forgettable villains I've ever seen in a superhero movie. And I've seen Thor 2. It's a shame. Between Zemo, Ego, Vulture, and Hela, Marvel has actually had some pretty good villains in phase 3. Only Kaecilius fell short but he was still much better than Steppenwolf.

Back to the Future

My favorite movie of the 1980s. It really takes me back to those days............oh right I forgot...I wasn’t from the 80s.

it's pretty fantastic and one of my favorite movies of the year, though it does get a tad ridiculous at times. also im not sure lucas hedges can act

but it's a lot more nuanced than i expected and and i think it's a really important movie for a lot of people to see at a time the country is super divided. everyone besides lucas hedges is fantastic and you should go see it

It's... pretty good. Wonderful performances all around, and I'm always a sucker for angsty teenager movies, but it also managed to go through every teenage angst cliche you can think of, and it's preventing me from giving it the unabashed praise it's earning.

That said, it's still a really enjoyable and emotional movie.

Back