What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

Your Name

tfw not a handsome tokyo boy

Did a Godzilla against Mechagodzilla and Godzilla Tokyo S.O.S. double feature. These two may as well have been one big three hour movie.

Nabber said:
Laura

GalacticPetey said:
Shin Godzilla
how is that, anyway?
It's very good. It's probably the only film in the franchise besides the original and a few others that has a ton of artistic value. Don't get me wrong, I love all the films, but several of them are fun, mindless time wasters. This film though is shot and acted well, and has a fair amount political satire making fun of the Japanese government's beuracray. So much so it's sorta hard to get into as an American, but in Japan people loved how it satirized the state of politics over there. And the love shows, because it's the highest grossing Japanese Godzilla film in a very long time and it won the Japanese Academy Award for Best Picture.

It also wasn't afraid to take huge risks with regards to Godzilla himself. He is truly unique and otherworldly in the film, but it still feels true to the character.

Guardians of the galaxy 2:

I only watched a part of it on the plane on the way to Italy today, but I enjoyed it for what I've seen so far.

Back