What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

So let's split this in two groups:

Mature: Ghost in a shell, which I find great imo. The plot itself and the development of the main character are what make this movie what it is, and also the unveiling of the villain's plans, which I won't spoil, also add up to it, but best moment gotta be when he dies.

Non-Mature: Sing, and let me tell you, I have not looked up to an animated movie like that in YEARS. What I love about this movie is mostly the character development, how every single main character has their own story arc that brings a sort of charm here. I mean I've seen something like this before, but here, they managed to do it with a lot of characters, each of one having a very different story than the others, and I also never miss an opportunity of liking characters that are completely perfect assh***s (You'd know what I mean if you've seen it). Also music.

Wait there's an original now? I'm talking about the newer one, so I guess remake?

>has anime as theme
>>doesnt know ghost in the shell was originally adapted as an anime before it became a big budget hollywood movie

Spiderman etc

am i missing something or did the movie never say how he got his powers

do we just assume he got bitten by the spider or smth?

Baby Driver

I dunno, I was kinda expecting more. It wasn't really bad in any way, and I definitely enjoyed it, but it didn't really satisfy me in any way. Like, I felt there wasn't really any big payoff of anything in the movie.

The Pyro Guy said:
Spiderman etc

am i missing something or did the movie never say how he got his powers

do we just assume he got bitten by the spider or smth?
They skipped the origin since he already appeared in Civil War. Plus people would probably be bored out of their skulls if they went through the whole spider/Uncle Ben ordeal for a third time.

Baby Driver

Meta and I got to watch Baby Driver today for a late birthday present and I really liked enjoyed it. I would recommend it for those who love serious action scenes, mixed in with a few comedic moments, and romance. There were some really nice cinematic moments, so if you're into that you should definitely check it out. Oh and of course if you like Scott Pilgrim or Hot Fuzz then you'll really enjoy this movie. I would say stay wary about the violent scenes, considering there is a ton of shooting and car crash moments.

Transformers: The last knight.

Gotta like dat humor. And let Cogman in too.

Back