What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

Kubo and the Two Strings

shoutout to the baby who kept shouting "superstar!" over and over for the first half of the movie

lol sorry to hear nabber

Reminds me of when my sister and I want to see Finding Dory, and the kid next to us kept saying "Majestic!".

Pan's Labyrinth

I've never actually watched this movie before lol

every time i see something made by Guillermo del Toro I get more mad at the cancellation of Silent Hills (which would've been co-directed by fucking Hideo Kojima I mean come on)

Jaws

in a cinema

which was outside on a beach

yes

and it was actually really good, despite what I've heard lol.

Meta Knight said:
Really people say Jaws is bad? I've only heard praise about it

opinions i heard were more or less mixed, might be partly because of what it started (shitty shark movies)

GalacticPetey said:
Jaws is easily in my top 10 films. It's a masterpiece.

yeah tbh i cant really decide if the setting or the movie were better

and i cant even really describe the setting of that cinema

its like, on the sand part of the beach (baltic sea) in front of a fucking 30 story building which looks seriously misplaced (basically, in the middle of nowhere) but whatever, and literally next to a big port and big ferries that travely between germany and sweden/other northern countries went past like 50-100m behind us (and the people on the ship could see what we were watching (or at least were trying to look from what you could see) lol)

on the downside, right next to this was a playground and a bunch of people just sat there and watched for free. well, the cinema guys started installing a floodlight that was shining into their direction but that didnt keep them. And there also were children over there as well despite the fact that this movie is rated 16+ in germany.

tldr: it felt unreal

oh and also: this was only 9€ and not even fully booked.

people don't like jaws??? why do you hate yourself so

man, when i saw jaws in a theater it was sold out so they had to play it on both screens at the same time. people showed up in costume, had amityville shirts, the whole shibang. and when they had that jump scare with the boat hull, the people in the theater who hadn't seen the movie screamed in the most satisfying way. seeing jaws in a theater is the best experience ever

Nabber said:

man, when i saw jaws in a theater it was sold out so they had to play it on both screens at the same time. people showed up in costume, had amityville shirts, the whole shibang. and when they had that jump scare with the boat hull, the people in the theater who hadn't seen the movie screamed in the most satisfying way. seeing jaws in a theater is the best experience ever

yeah, there were no cosplayers around but they had amity pd closed beach signs around

Nabber said:

I saw it when they screened it again for the 40th anniversary. The newcomer reactions were great, and the film is incredible in the theater.

Nabber said:

I read cosplay and immediately thought that people were turning up in shark costumes.

Nabber said:

was that your first time seeing this movie?
if so, how was it (also if it wasnt your first time but especially then)?
are you familiar with the source material (probably not, but idk anyone who is so it'd be interesting)?

no i haven't read the comic book though the movie made me interested in reading it

i thought the first half was great and the second half disappointing

in particular the second half felt reduced to generic action/sex/exposition instead of focusing on the characters. i don't really feel like anyone got proper plot payoff, except maybe Rorschach. the villain was awful and while im okay with tragic endings, this one just didn't feel right (especially with the scene after where Night Owl and Silk Spectre act all lovey-dovey as if nothing had happened)

i saw suicide squad last wednesday. i went in expecting it to be a 3/10 but it ended up more as a 5/10.

either way, pretty forgettable - i heard a film trailer yesterday and honestly could not tell if it was for the film i had watched less than a week earlier (and it wasn't).

not a good sign for the dceu.

A51_Trooper said:
Ice Age: Collision Course

I liked the film, and I find it better than 4 and 2, but worse than the rest. 1 is still my favorite.

sounds interesting because i basically share the same opinion about 4 and 2, and 1 being the best.

Didn't watch 5 yet but will probably do at some point.

i didn't know people had actually watched any of them after the first one

Back