What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

Anna said:
what about morpheus? he was a good character and one of the best "mentor" characters in fiction

admittedly trinity and neo weren't the best but they were at least decent
morpheus had some good lines, but overall he doesn't really feel so unique. maybe it's the fact that hugo weaving plays agent smith so well, but smith just comes off as so much more memorable than morpheus

The Grand Budapest Hotel

I would've left during the film if I wasn't watching it with my family. It was really boring.

Fargo

Pretty good, but like No Country For Old Men, I felt it didn't have a very good ending.

Nabber said:
Fargo

Pretty good, but like No Country For Old Men, I felt it didn't have a very good ending.
It's the Coens' tradition, same thing happened with the True Grit remake, A Serious Man, and Inside Llewyn Davis, the only good Coen endings were Raising Arizona, and O Brother Where Art Thou

okay good because i plan on watching raising arizona next

i think their directing is good, but i didn't find the two movies i've watched so far to be that amazing.

Fellowship of the Ring. It's a great film. I love the Lord of the Rings trilogy but I'm not one of those people who geek out about them, I don't dress up in cosplays, or reenact scenes, I just enjoy the movies

Diamonds are Forever

Always loved Mr. Wint and Mr. Kidd in it, their dark humour is great.

Brokeback Mountain

Like Life of Pi, I found that to be highly overrated. There were some decent parts, but overall it failed to engage.

Nabber said:
Brokeback Mountain

Like Life of Pi, I found that to be highly overrated. There were some decent parts, but overall it failed to engage.
Finally! Someone else who finds Brokeback overrated.

Anyway I saw Adaptation and it is by far Nicolas Cage's best role

when i first finished watching adaptation i thought it was one of the worst endings i've ever seen but looking back it's brilliant

EDIT: Just finished Citizen Kane. Great movie.

Nabber said:
when i first finished watching adaptation i thought it was one of the worst endings i've ever seen but looking back it's brilliant

EDIT: Just finished Citizen Kane. Great movie.
When I first heard about it, it's kinda confusing. The movie I'm watching is about...the movie I'm watching but as it progresses I was very intrigued by it

The Mask

Classic Jim Carrey film.

The Amazing Spider Man 2

Wow this movie is underrated. I'll admit I didn't have high hopes for it after the ok first film but it was great. Even though I had the ending spoiled for me so even though I knew it was coming I was still sad. Much better than the first film. I couldn't stop laughing at how ridiculous the Rhino was though.

I have yet to see the Amazing Spider Man 1&2

I had a friend see the first and he said it sucks compared to the original triolgy.

and since were both big fans of the original trilogy i thought id let it be for now, although i think its due to show in the german tv in a while and i might watch it then.

MidnaFreak said:
I have yet to see the Amazing Spider Man 1&2

I had a friend see the first and he said it sucks compared to the original triolgy.

and since were both big fans of the original trilogy i thought id let it be for now, although i think its due to show in the german tv in a while and i might watch it then.
It's actually slightly better than the original trilogy IMO.

my friend showed me a video pointing out the flaws of amazing spider-man 2

it was pretty funny, but also kind of sad

that was cinemasins (although that video was actually done by the honest trailers guy, he swapped with cinemasins for a week), and their job is just to point out minor nitpicks

it's not the best movie by far but it was enjoyable and honestly had the best romance i'd seen in a superhero movie

Back