What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

Wes Anderson's The Grand Budapest Hotel. Stunning visuals, hilarious writing, great acting. 10/10 would watch again and again and again.

God's not dead

was actually a very nice movie, brought up a lot of points for god vs science too, quite an interesting movie.

Zae Eildus said:
God's not dead

was actually a very nice movie, brought up a lot of points for god vs science too, quite an interesting movie.
i thought it was kinda dumb how they had the entire class but one or two people be won over to his side in the end. it kind of broke my suspension of disbelief because up until that point the movie had been quite good about portraying the other side fairly

i also found it dumb how josh's girlfriend was the only character with no redeeming qualities whatsoever. like, even the businessman guy (you know, the one who dumped his girlfriend because she had cancer) at least went to visit his mom (even though he didn't think it would do any good)

and i was (pleasantly) surprised that the islamic dad was portrayed sympathetically. i think he was the most sympathetic character in the movie, even more so than radisson.

Dr. Javelin said:
Zae Eildus said:
God's not dead

i thought it was kinda dumb how they had the entire class but one or two people be won over to his side in the end. it kind of broke my suspension of disbelief because up until that point the movie had been quite good about portraying the other side fairly

i also found it dumb how josh's girlfriend was the only character with no redeeming qualities whatsoever. like, even the businessman guy (you know, the one who dumped his girlfriend because she had cancer) at least went to visit his mom (even though he didn't think it would do any good)

and i was (pleasantly) surprised that the islamic dad was portrayed sympathetically. i think he was the most sympathetic character in the movie, even more so than radisson.

yeah the class thing was good for the most part, but wasnt too sure about the last part of it as everyone jumped for joy except a few, i mean i guess for me it was pretty inspiring that a class of kids in this age whom normally dont give a rats ass about god in anyway or form, suddenly rise up to say that.

and yes the girlfriend was just a total bitch throughout the entire movie, glad she was gone early however, as i really could not stand her at all.

well i think the whole emotions in the movie were pretty good, the girl with cancer was pretty emotional and kinda depressing. Sure i dont fear death because i know im going to a better place, but for a person that doesnt think there is an afterlife to begin with suddenly go through the pain of cancer and eventually dying, that would be horribly sadening.

regardless though, even with a few flaws the movie was rather impressive, as it was a bit different for me since most christian movies are more about the history of the bible rather then focusing on modern times and the lack of god in so many people.

Yes. It's amazing.

Just make sure you're caught up on the Marvel universe, and definitely stay after the credits for a sneak peak at something really cool coming next year.

i'm definitely seeing that movie later on this yearLion King 1.5

Saw two movies this weekend, one last night, and one this afternoon!

Last night I saw Captain America: The Winter Soldier with my dad. It was a blast, really suspenseful, lots of good action, real game-changer when it comes to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and sets up a lot of awesome stuff for future Captain America (and Marvel) movies! Tempted to say it's the best Marvel movie that isn't The Avengers!

9/10

Earlier this afternoon I saw Muppets: Most Wanted with my mom. It was fun, you can't go wrong with the Muppets! A lot of people saw it wasn't as good or that it doesn't live up to The Muppets 3 years back, and I can kind of see where they're coming from, but I still had a really fun time! Lots of funny jokes, seeing the Muppets in general just brings me so much joy, and my personal favorite moments were with Sam the Eagle and Ty Burrell as that Interpol agent bickering with each other and working together to solve the mystery of the movie. Oh, and the songs, catchy as all Hell! TOTALLY getting the album on iTunes! Overall, fun new addition to the series of Muppet movies, though whether they can keep this up or not remains to be seen.

8.5/10

just got done with fist of the north star toki version

2006 animation compared to 1980 animation sure looks nice.

I caught the last half of Thinner. It looked like a good movie so I'll have to watch the whole thing some other time.

Smashgoom202 said:
Saw two movies this weekend, one last night, and one this afternoon!

Last night I saw Captain America: The Winter Soldier with my dad. It was a blast, really suspenseful, lots of good action, real game-changer when it comes to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and sets up a lot of awesome stuff for future Captain America (and Marvel) movies! Tempted to say it's the best Marvel movie that isn't The Avengers!
i'd go so far as to say it was better than the avengers

Monster's University

Good movie, though I didn't think anything about it was above average except for dat animation, also the character Randall or w/e his name was could have been done better.

Back