What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Amazing film. Tied with the Avengers as my favourite Marvel film. Went with my sister so now she's into Marvel too which is a nice bonus. It was also the first Marvel film I've seen in the cinema and it was interesting seeing how many people also waited for the post credit scene.

Source Code. Unfortunately, the movie was just too preposterous for me to like too much, but it was still entertaining.

Yoshidude99 said:
Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Amazing film. Tied with the Avengers as my favourite Marvel film. Went with my sister so now she's into Marvel too which is a nice bonus. It was also the first Marvel film I've seen in the cinema and it was interesting seeing how many people also waited for the post credit scene.
That's because audiences have been trained to do so for these Marvel movies!

How to Train your Dragon, because you can never see that film too many times.

I never even watched movies 4-5 times a week back when I was a kid squeezing every ounce of enjoyment out of my Blockbuster movie rentals as I could...

Anyway, my friend loaned me Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole, and it's a pretty okay movie. The plot lurches along and there's a number of parts that are hard to swallow (a snake as an owl's nursemaid? Really?), but the villains are a pretty cool bunch and it dealt with the topic of war with grittier darkness than most kids films (i.e. violent on-screen deaths). I also liked how the owls move like owls, rather than the old wings-as-hands trope.

supermariofan said:
I'm gonna see Blended...HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
Here, slip these cyanide pills into your soda when no one's looking.

The best singer in the world isn't necessarily the best for the job. I think Crowe nailed Javert, personally.

I loved what the Oancitizen (Kyle) said in the Nostalgia Critic review of Les Mis; basically that Russell Crowe is technically good and in-tune, but he's using a different style, and because of that he really sticks out.

Back