What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

Ice Age 3. I still like the film, but not as much as the first one. I wish Rudy was a Spinosaurus, not a Baryonyx.

Finding Dory

Pretty much just a cash-grab, so glad I only paid rental price than full movie ticket price. Also found it kind of offensives toward disabled people, due to its treatment of its characters.

Duskull said:
Also found it kind of offensives toward disabled people, due to its treatment of its characters.
I'm confused by what you mean here. I never really got that impression from the movie.

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs

I don't get why this movie has such a high Rotten Tomatoes rating. Its plot is really cliched, and critics usually tend to have a pet peeve for that.

Magikrazy said:
Duskull said:
Also found it kind of offensives toward disabled people, due to its treatment of its characters.
I'm confused by what you mean here. I never really got that impression from the movie.
Whilst Dory is the main character, and does get some praise, she's laughed at or berated for her short-term memory loss. Becky the bird and the sea lion have some sort of problem, and they're basically exploited (the sea lion for his bucket, and Becky for her ability to fly), Destiny's short-sightedness is just used for laughs as she constantly bumps into things, and Bailey ends up falling into the category of "making their disorder up".

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

who brings a goddamn baby to a dark gritty star wars movie on opening day

freakworld said:
Mr. Freeze said:
Vacation (2015 one)

how was it
I was going into it expecting it to be trash, but it was...okay

there were actually some jokes that got a chuckle out of me, but most of them just fell flat. the family isn't that strong either with the exception of rusty and his wife. I expected chevy chase's cameo to be funny, but he was given nothing for the 5 minutes in the movie.

if you liked the original vacation movies I recommend at least giving it a try, and at least I would watch this a second time, but it still feels unnecessary imo

Moana

It's gonna be my lock for Best Animated Feature Academy Award, because it was pretty good, but also because the academy has a hard on for animated Disney films.

yeah but you forget that zootopia and finding dory both came out this year

plus kubo, which is mainstream enough that the academy might actually consider it

not that best animated feature means anything lol

Nabber said:
zootopia and finding dory both came out this year
moana will be fresher on the academy's mind since it came out recently in comparison
plus moana seems a tad more like its actively trying to win an oscar and the academy eats that up (not counting that against the movie or anything, just saying)
Nabber said:
plus kubo, which is mainstream enough that the academy might actually consider it
yeah they probably will nominate it, but it doesn't seem like a very safe lock to me, or at least not as safe a lock as moana
Nabber said:
not that best animated feature means anything lol
lol you got that right

shark tale was nominated for best picture over both the polar express and the spongebob movie

sorry for double posting but Ponyo

I think this is the one ghibli film where I wish I watched the sub

Back