What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

Peri said:
there's a Spiderman musical?

kek
It's called Turn Off the Dark and I actually took it a little more seriously than the movies, and I really enjoyed some of the songs. And guess who wrote the lyrics? Bono.

supermariofan said:
One of the reasons why I'm not too big on superhero movies is due to how corny and cheesy a lot of them are, I find Spider-Man to be the cheesiest superhero to date. Even as a kid I couldn't get into these movies due to how corny they are. At first Tom Holland wasn't too bad, but when he puts on the Spidey outfit...yeah he made me groan a little.
Lol we're complete opposites. I love cheesy movies.

Matango

Probably Honda's strongest film aside from Gojira. DVD is hard to come by but I highly recommend it. It's about seven people stranded on an island and is a great commentary on how people isolated from society can turn on each other. Plus it has killer Mushroom people. Fun stuff. A great ensemble of classic Toho actors and some creepy, Twilight Zone like atmosphere.

Tinker Tailer Soldier Spy

Amelie

i don't know how this has an 8.4/10 on imdb, some of the most unbearable hogwash ive seen

Godzilla vs. Biollante

Easily a Top 5 Godzilla film. The effects are great, Biollante is a cool monster, and plenty of great Godzilla action.

Been marathoning the Heisei series. Over the past few days I've watched vs. Biollante, vs. King Ghidorah, vs. Mothra, and vs. Mechagodzilla II. Probably do Spacegodzilla and Destoroyah tomorrow.

Johnny Boy said:
This morning, I decided to watch Godzilla Final Wars. It was worth it.
I've such mixed feelings about this movie. On one hand it's a pretty poor film. On the other hand, it's a great turn your brain off and enjoy the ride type movie.

i rewatched civil war

ant-man's "oh man, i thought that was a water truck!" still kills me

also spider-man's "holy shit!" when giant man happens is a great example of expert line delivery

GalacticPetey said:
Been marathoning the Heisei series. Over the past few days I've watched vs. Biollante, vs. King Ghidorah, vs. Mothra, and vs. Mechagodzilla II. Probably do Spacegodzilla and Destoroyah tomorrow.

Johnny Boy said:
This morning, I decided to watch Godzilla Final Wars. It was worth it.
I've such mixed feelings about this movie. On one hand it's a pretty poor film. On the other hand, it's a great turn your brain off and enjoy the ride type movie.
Yeah, I only really payed attention to the action. Looking at the plot now though, what's up with that? Not to mention how the monsters could have made longer appearances. But yeah, I did find some parts funny though. The villain screaming "GIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGAAAAAAAAAAAN!" as well as how he raged like a little beeyatch when Godzilla was doing work. at some point, some chill, happy background music was playing while Godzilla was blasted away a giant lobster and a giant pile of shit at the same time, causing so much damage, explosions, and probably killing somebody as well. Now for random comments about the movie, is it weird that I find Mothra with that fuzzy appearance, those big eyes, and those cries to be kinda cute? And also, is it just me or were Monster X's awesome sound effects used in Lost Tapes episodes such as "Beast of Bray Road?" Also, Minilla kinda looked like something out of Star Wars. Overall, the movie had awesome action, awesome sound effects, and the hints of comedy(like the villain's antics, Godzilla playing soccer-I mean-football, ect), and it was made for more of just sheer entertainment than something to be taken seriously.

Captain Gordon might be the greatest character ever. He's so cheesy and over the top and I love it. That scene where he smirks over at Ozaki after seeing the girls and says "nice work" makes me giggle every time.

My 2nd favorite kaiju of all time Anguirus gets to show up and seeing Gigan again is great. That scene where Godzilla fights Zilla is still great and hilarious.

Kung Fury: Freaking hilarious mustwatch.
Civil War: No words needed, 1 bill WW and 90% on RT for a reason guys.
Xmen Apocolypse: Just sit through it for Jean, Quicksilver and a special guest appearance. Please

Godzilla vs. Spacegodzilla and Godzilla vs. Destoroyah to wrap up my Heisei marathon. Spacegodzilla kinda dragged but I still consider Destoroyah one of my favorite g films. It has a lot of problems but definitely a guilty pleasure.

Kung Fu Panda 3- Not as good as the second film but still really good. Very funny and had some gorgeous animation.

Back