What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

Nabber said:
oh no no i really enjoyed terminator 2, i just felt that it was a really good movie that could have been an even greater movie
oh

well since you've watched star wars and you've watched terminator 2, all you need to watch now is the first pirates of the caribbean, lord of the rings, and the blues brothers and you'll have seen most of my favorite movies

Inside Out

I liked it, but felt it was highly overrated. It felt like they focused too much on having feeding the audience general, relatable emotions without providing any real insight on them. It's like The Shawshank Redemption of Pixar movies.

Nabber said:
Inside Out

I liked it, but felt it was highly overrated. It felt like they focused too much on having feeding the audience general, relatable emotions without providing any real insight on them. It's like The Shawshank Redemption of Pixar movies.
That last sentence got me really interested in seeing it.

Jurassic World

Awesome dinosaurs are awesome.

I talked about it in more detail elsewhere, but overall, while there were quite a number of plot contrivances and whatnot, the movie was still great fun (carnage and pandemonium wooo), and I really don't have a problem with the fact that all the human characters were upstaged by a bunch of scaly ladies, because then you actually worry about how it's all gonna end.

Cloud Atlas

wow this was pretty great
besides the actors playing people in different timelines thing i didnt really see how they all connected together
i mean obviously there was the retirement home being turned into a movie and somni being worshipped but beyond that it just felt like six movies with vaguely similar aesops in different time periods
oh and robert reading ewing's book
until the credits i had no idea hae joo-chang was jim sturgess, that make-up was pro
i think i need to watch it again since there was so much in it

Went on a movie spree (or as Skylar Astin's character in PP might call it, a "moviecation" :')) today while I cleaned the closet in my room. Basically watched five of my favorite movies while I was doing it, starting with The Blues Brothers, then went to Ghostbusters, and then Pitch Perfect, then The Princess Bride, and finally ended it off with [Guardians of the Galaxy[/i].

Callie said:
besides the actors playing people in different timelines thing i didnt really see how they all connected together
i mean obviously there was the retirement home being turned into a movie and somni being worshipped but beyond that it just felt like six movies with vaguely similar aesops in different time periods
oh and robert reading ewing's book

Not exactly 100% sure anymore but
Frobisher in 193something read the diary of ewing which you correctly pointed out
in 197something timeline the boyfriend of frobisher appeared near the beginning if you recall, also halle berry's character finds a recording of the cloud atlas sextette by frobisher
in 2012 i dont recall at all anymore what the connection was but
in the neo-seoul time there's the cloud atlas sextette playing at one point and
they watch a movie which is a dramatic version of what happened to that guy in 2012 (forgot his name)
and in the final time i forgot the connection too, but the point was that all were connected
in 2012 cavendish reads a manuscript of a novel based on luisa rey (halle berry from 1973)'s story
also the nursing home is in the mansion of Ayrs (the composer guy from 1936)
and in 106 after the fall (the final time), somni from 2144 is worshipped as a goddess because she appearently started a revolution.

Me and Earl and the Dying Girl

I liked it, but as a coming of age movie it doesn't do enough to stand out from the crowd.

A list of films I've watched since my last post here that I hadn't seen before

Minions
I really enjoyed this film, gave a bit more of my thoughts in the Minions thread.

Paranormal Activity 2, 3, 4
Vaguely creepy for the most part, 3 was the only one that actually scared me.

A Haunted House/2
I'll admit to laughing quite a lot during these films.

A Million Ways to Die in the West
A few chucklesome moments if you like Seth MacFarlane humour, but no real plot of characterization.

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Killer
I studyed the American Civil War for quite a bit, I don't remember learning about the vampire army. It was alright though.

Back