Gender Changes in Dubs

berrypeachy

"'Love' What is...'love'? I cannot compute this."
Poll Committee
Pronouns
She/Her
MarioWiki
Peachao
So yesterday, my brother was watching Bob the Builder. I was watching it with him 'cause I had nothing better to do so yeah. So Muck and Dizzy are my favorites so I pay attention to them the most and we were watching Bob the Builder: Project Build It (I think) in Spanish. The video had captions in English which is kinda weird but in one episode, Spud and Muck get lost. In Spanish, Muck is male but in the captions, Spud says something along the lines of "And then we got lost but Muck, she wasn't scared and-and..." At that moment I was super confused so I googled it and lo and behold Muck is female in a few dubs. There is also a similar thing in Care Bears: Unlock the Magic. As the hardcore Care Bear fan I am, I obviously watched it. Since I speak both English and Spanish, I naturally watched the Spanish dub just to see how everyone sounded so I put a random episode on and Robbie (my favorite non-Care Bear character) is male in the Spanish dub. I just want to know what you all think about this. Thank you for reading.

Back