The Geno Topic

SolarBlaze

Guardian of the Sol Emeralds.
Retired Wiki Staff
Recently, I've been seeing quite a bit of Geno hate going around (particularly in the Super Smash Bros. Brawl topics), so I thought I'd go ahead and throw this one out there. Why do people hate this guy so much? I, for one, thought he was one of the most useful party members that Super Mario RPG had to offer. He had high attack power, along with some powerful magic abilities, which involve raising attack power and defense, killing several enemies on screen at once, and the Geno Whirl, which takes away 9,999 of the enemies' HP. To me, he's kind of like the Vivian of Super Mario RPG.

He was definently the best and most useful partner like Vivian and (for me) Watt. It's not that I hate him, it's just that he doesn't really appeal to me. Most people feel the same way about Daisy. Also, I would rather see Vivian or Bobbery go into the next SSB instead of Geno. I totally agree we need RPG characters, but I don't believe Geno would be my first choice.

The reason why people hate him is because so many wanted him in Brawl/the next SSB game.

Geno= overated. Not saying he doesnt deserve a spot in future games, Hes just too hyped.

Geno is as important to the Mario franchise as any other RPG partner (minus Peach and Bowser in SMRPG of course). Sure he's cool in his respective game, but that's where he should stay. All these rabid Geno fanboys trying to get him into every game even remotely possible for a Geno appearance make him hard to like.

King Porky said:
Geno is as important to the Mario franchise as any other RPG partner (minus Peach and Bowser in SMRPG of course). Sure he's cool in his respective game, but that's where he should stay. All these rabid Geno fanboys trying to get him into every game even remotely possible for a Geno appearance make him hard to like.
You got it perfectly. I completely agree with that post.

Wow. That was random.

EDIT: This was in response to one of Bloopermario's posts, which is no longer here.

SolarBlaze said:
Wow. That was random.

EDIT: This was in response to one of Bloopermario's posts, which is no longer here.
Ooh, did he get banned?

Cause if he did, it's gonna like like I posted 20 times in a row in Golliwog's topic If you could change the world

SolarBlaze said:
Recently, I've been seeing quite a bit of Geno hate going around (particularly in the Super Smash Bros. Brawl topics), so I thought I'd go ahead and throw this one out there. Why do people hate this guy so much? I, for one, thought he was one of the most useful party members that Super Mario RPG had to offer. He had high attack power, along with some powerful magic abilities, which involve raising attack power and defense, killing several enemies on screen at once, and the Geno Whirl, which takes away 9,999 of the enemies' HP. To me, he's kind of like the Vivian of Super Mario RPG.

He's not a bad character at all, but he's too much powerful. Seriously, he's even more powerful than Mario ! What's good when having a video game where a secondary hero is more powerful than the main hero ?

Plus he's too overrated.

King Porky said:

This. And as someone else mentioned, his design plain doesn't fit with the other characters.

Back