What would YOU do to improve the MArio series?

Glass Joe said:
Me? Less baby characters in spin-offs...

... And more old characters appearing.
IMO, characters don't make a game better or worse. It's all about the gameplay for me. Which is where the Mario series truly shines. (Bear in mind, I'm only talking about the main platformers.)

If I could do anything at all though, I'd improve the music a bit. It could just be that I'm into rock music, and Mario games don't really have any rock music in them, save for Mario Strikers Charged.

I would make more games. I find myself waiting and longing for a new game to come ut. It takes too long. But the series is pretty perfect.

1. Work on the story a bit more, Obviously not on platformers, but I was a wee bit dissapointed on galaxy and such. Theres so much they can do.

2. Toss de babies and any person only on spinoffs (Mp, Sluggers, ect) unless they will be used in a real game (Walugi, Daisy)

3. NEEDS MOAR PAPER MARIO!

All of my rants for now.

Luigifreak said:
1. Work on the story a bit more, Obviously not on platformers, but I was a wee bit dissapointed on galaxy and such. Theres so much they can do.

2. Toss de babies and any person only on spinoffs (Mp, Sluggers, ect) unless they will be used in a real game (Walugi, Daisy)

All of my rants for now.
1. Rosalina's storyline was one of the best stories Nintendo came up with...IMO so I was not disappointed with the storyline of SMG
2. Who would fill Waluigi and Daisy's spot in spinoffs?
3. I agree

Luigi+Daisyfan11 said:
Luigifreak said:

All of my rants for now.
1. Rosalina's storyline was one of the best stories Nintendo came up with...IMO so I was not disappointed with the storyline of SMG
3. I agree

1. I think of Rosalinas story as a (Well Planned) sub story that ties in with the game. Im talking about Bowsers plot to rule the galaxy. Or whatever.
2. Either they go into a real game or I won't miss them much. The reason I don't like them is for their lack of purpose in the series. I have no clue why Ninteno thinks that everey character has to have a counterpart.
3. Okay.

Luigifreak said:
Luigi+Daisyfan11 said:
Luigifreak said:

All of my rants for now.
3. I agree

1. I think of Rosalinas story as a (Well Planned) sub story that ties in with the game. Im talking about Bowsers plot to rule the galaxy. Or whatever.
2. Either they go into a real game or I won't miss them much. The reason I don't like them is for their lack of purpose in the series. I have no clue why Ninteno thinks that everey character has to have a counterpart.
3. Okay.
1. Yeah, the taking over the universe part is old, but the Rosalina part is genius
2. What about Birdo? And Toadette? And especially Dry Bones? I think they should leave the series before Daisy and Waluigi...After the babies though

Luigi+Daisyfan11 said:
Luigifreak said:
Luigi+Daisyfan11 said:
Luigifreak said:

All of my rants for now.
3. I agree

3. Okay.
1. Yeah, the taking over the universe part is old, but the Rosalina part is genius
2. What about Birdo? And Toadette? And especially Dry Bones? I think they should leave the series before Daisy and Waluigi...After the babies though

2. Get Rid Of Birdo and Toadette, Dry Bones is a classic enemy, but i dont think he needs to be in spinoffs. Same goes for all other enemies. I just dont like characters created for spinoffs.... unless their in main games.... So if Daisy, Waluigi, ect. were worked into a Wario land ore super mario game somehow, I say keep em.

Luigifreak said:
Luigi+Daisyfan11 said:
Luigifreak said:
Luigi+Daisyfan11 said:
Luigifreak said:

All of my rants for now.
3. I agree

3. Okay.

2. Get Rid Of Birdo and Toadette, Dry Bones is a classic enemy, but i dont think he needs to be in spinoffs. Same goes for all other enemies. I just dont like characters created for spinoffs.... unless their in main games.... So if Daisy, Waluigi, ect. were worked into a Wario land ore super mario game somehow, I say keep em.
Ok, i get it know.......That's why Rosalina should stay(I want her to btw) because she's in Galaxy

Vile said:
Glass Joe said:
Me? Less baby characters in spin-offs...

... And more old characters appearing.
IMO, characters don't make a game better or worse. It's all about the gameplay for me. Which is where the Mario series truly shines. (Bear in mind, I'm only talking about the main platformers.)

If I could do anything at all though, I'd improve the music a bit. It could just be that I'm into rock music, and Mario games don't really have any rock music in them, save for Mario Strikers Charged.
I personally like the music in Mario games, for the most part. The only thing I'd do is maybe make the games a bit longer.

NOTHING! It's perfect the way it is.

I'd like to see more characters in some spin-offs, but that's nothing to really "improve" on.

I would:

A) Either put an end to all shitty spin-offs, or improve them so that they were actually interesting.
B) Make the games longer.
C) Make the games more difficult. (Well, some of them.)
D) Make more RPGs.
E) Put Waluigi in at least one main title.

That would probably be it.

More cowbell.

In all seriousness, I don't think that anything can be done to improve the series itself, but I would like to see Waluigi in his own game. Also, quite contrary to Stooben Rooben's post above mine, I love the Mario spin-offs and think they need to make many more. A few I'd buy are Mario Lacrosse, Mario Cricket, Mario Chess Because It's A Sport In Russia, and Mario Starcraft Because It's A Sport In Korea. Spin-off crossovers wouldn't be so bad either, like Super Mario Galaxy Kart or Super Mario Starcraft Because It's A Sport In Korea Who Is Holding the Olympic Games Because It's 2050 Or Some Shit.

Piraka Wario said:
Super Mario Starcraft Because It's A Sport In Korea Who Is Holding the Olympic Games Because It's 2050 Or Some Shit
I'd buy that.

I'd like to think everyone would.

Piraka Wario said:
Super Mario Starcraft Because It's A Sport In Korea Who Is Holding the Olympic Games Because It's 2050 Or Some *bleep*

It's Super Duper Mario Rainbow Factory Brother

More RPGs in Paper Mario 2 quality, better storylines, more character development, more good dialogues with the nice RPG humour, and more classic characters.

And finally I don't want to see any more games in which Bowser is nothing more like a mindless idiot with the mental capacity of a broken light bulb. He is quite witty in Paper Mario 2, even if he's clumsy and tends to don't think things through (like accidently setting off the Superbombomb).

Ah yes, and a major cut-back on spinoffs and more focus on other Mario games.

And yeah, I know that Mario games are all about gameplay, but that's no reason to put no effort into the storyline. It's more of a lame excuse.

Edofenrir said:
More RPGs in Paper Mario 2 quality, better storylines, more character development, more good dialogues with the nice RPG humour, and more classic characters.

And finally I don't want to see any more games in which Bowser is nothing more like a mindless idiot with the mental capacity of a broken light bulb. He is quite witty in Paper Mario 2, even if he's clumsy and tends to don't think things through (like accidently setting off the Superbombomb).

Ah yes, and a major cut-back on spinoffs and more focus on other Mario games.

And yeah, I know that Mario games are all about gameplay, but that's no reason to put no effort into the storyline. It's more of a lame excuse.

Per.

Back