How / Where can I play the original Super Mario Bros. game today?

Joe

Goomba
Hello. I'd like to play the very first Super Mario Bros game, again. Needless to say, I do not have a working original NES. So what is the easiest (and least expensive) way that I can play it today? Thanks.

Hello. I'd like to play the very first Super Mario Bros game, again. Needless to say, I do not have a working original NES. So what is the easiest (and least expensive) way that I can play it today? Thanks.
Do you have a switch?
If so you can access the game on the Nintendo Switch Online subscription.
Unfortunately virtual console purchases are no longer available on Wii U/3ds which is how I accessed the game

I don't have Switch. I generally only play older video games (I still have my original Gameboy, and it still works fine!)... I guess unless your original 1980s NES still works, then the only way to play the original Super Mario Bros. game these days is online, is that correct?

I don't have Switch. I generally only play older video games (I still have my original Gameboy, and it still works fine!)... I guess unless your original 1980s NES still works, then the only way to play the original Super Mario Bros. game these days is online, is that correct?
Could you list all the consoles you own, including handhelds?

Of course I can. But first may I just ask: Why do you want to know this information?
So I can get a better idea of what options are available to you.

I have nothing right now (that works) which I can play it on. I will need to buy something new.

I have nothing right now (that works) which I can play it on. I will need to buy something new.
Sorry to hear that, good luck!

Is there anything that I can buy today, that does not require Internet connection, which I can play it on?

The cheapest way to play it (without internet or a console and legally) is the Game & Watch Super Mario Bros., an official standalone device dedicated to Super Mario Bros. Nintendo doesn't sell it anymore, but you can buy it on Amazon or Ebay for 50 bucks. It's a pretty handy machine (I have one), battery lasts forever, super portable, plus also has SMB: The Lost Levels, G&W: Ball, and a clock. There's also a super secret cheat code, but I won't say what it is (as it would no longer be secret).

Here are the links:
Ebay
Amazon

The cheapest way to play it (without internet or a console and legally) is the Game & Watch Super Mario Bros., an official standalone device dedicated to Super Mario Bros. Nintendo doesn't sell it anymore, but you can buy it on Amazon or Ebay for 50 bucks. It's a pretty handy machine (I have one), battery lasts forever, super portable, plus also has SMB: The Lost Levels, G&W: Ball, and a clock. There's also a super secret cheat code, but I won't say what it is (as it would no longer be secret).

Here are the links:
Ebay
Amazon
Chances are if you check any Walmart, they'll have a few.

Back