A small rant about the swearing rule being removed from chat

N

Nerdy Guy

Although I'm not able to access chat anymore, I recently learned from User Soup that the swearing rule was removed from chat. Although most of this is me blowing off some steam, I'll like to make some points on why I think this is a freaking stupid thing to do:

1) Not having an anti-swearing rule means Users can say what ever they want, which can be a big problem due to the kinds of users we have there, (e.g Uniju) who can get very vulgar and explicit.

2) Even though the big swearing feast might calm down, users still can swear at any time in a while, which can shock new members, which might make them not to join the wiki.

3) Since Mario is geared towards little kids, they might come into chat and want to join the wiki. You can see how this could be an issue when there is no swearing rule.

I have many more points, but I'll save these for later. Anyway, let's discuss this...

King Hippo said:
1) Not having an anti-swearing rule means Users can say what ever they want, which can be a big problem due to the kinds of users we have there, (e.g Uniju) who can get very vulgar and explicit.
Actually, Uniju doesn't swear that often; it's mostly S-Y and ML that swear.

TCBY said:
King Hippo said:
Per. I think I've seen Jorge swear quite a bit too, but I'm not positive, as I haven't seen him in chat that much.

But, the more mature members there don't really curse very often.

Mr. Sandman said:
TCBY said:
King Hippo said:
Per. I think I've seen Jorge swear quite a bit too, but I'm not positive, as I haven't seen him in chat that much.

But, the more mature members there don't really curse very often.
you know me :) Also like ML said, we dont swear too much

I think you should probily delete that post before people have a chance to make fun of it...

Nerdy Guy said:
I think you should probily delete that post before people have a chance to make fun of it...
Yeah,I deleted my post,so it should be banned,right?

Booman said:
Nerdy Guy said:
Yeah,I deleted my post,so it should be banned,right?
I don't realy have opinion on that anymore since it's more controled than I thought.

two words, NG:

TOO BAD

Tucayo said:
I oppose that rule, per NG

Don't you rather mean "I support that rule"?

I myself support the no swearing rule since I see no point in conversing using a generallty tasteless language. Also, per NG.

Upper Class Twit of the Year said:
Tucayo said:
I oppose that rule, per NG

Don't you rather mean "I support that rule"?

I myself support the no swearing rule since I see no point in conversing using a generallty tasteless language. Also, per NG.
yes, support :P anyway, im not going in #mariowiki for a long time

Back