Pit of 100 Trials (PM2)...After Chapter 1

Wayoshi

PM Pro
Yep, I'm going for it! :twisted:

I have yet to set up the account for this very risky but ultimate-challenge run. Additionally I'm going to level up HP 0-2 times (10-20) while boosting BP all the way and keeping a modest FP count as well (10-25).

I'll have more on my strategy later. I probably will get the Strange Sack and come back up first.

Good ol' Wayoshi. You're always there to try out the new (and insane, if I might add) strategies.. Better you then me. ;P

Have fun. xD

I've seen someone on GameFAQ doing the same challenge.I'll give 50$ to anyone who can beat Bonetail with these stats.

The real problem to counter here is superguarding against the Wizzerds & Piranha Plants. I have effectively superguarded Dark Bristles before and never left a Bulky Bob-omb to attack. Zap Tap will make Swampires impossible to hit me, but sometimes they get smart and gang up on the partner if that's the case. I also heard the 60s/70s can be killer w/ Dark Craws and Koopatrols (though I've superguarded Craws excellently & I can use Quake Hammer to flip the latter).

The key play possible after Chapter 1 is a Mega Rush P w/ Quick Change strategy (and probably the only way to beat an Amazy Dayzee...) or even normal Mega Rush when things get desperate.

Unfortunately I likely won't be able to prove that I beat Bonetail. Maybe low-quality off-screen for a few seconds.

Wayoshi said:
The real problem to counter here is superguarding against the Wizzerds & Piranha Plants. I have effectively superguarded Dark Bristles before and never left a Bulky Bob-omb to attack. Zap Tap will make Swampires impossible to hit me, but sometimes they get smart and gang up on the partner if that's the case. I also heard the 60s/70s can be killer w/ Dark Craws and Koopatrols (though I've superguarded Craws excellently & I can use Quake Hammer to flip the latter).

The key play possible after Chapter 1 is a Mega Rush P w/ Quick Change strategy (and probably the only way to beat an Amazy Dayzee...) or even normal Mega Rush when things get desperate.

Unfortunately I likely won't be able to prove that I beat Bonetail. Maybe low-quality off-screen for a few seconds.

why don't you use MY stragtegy??? it's easy. Put your partner in front so they get creamed, not you. then, after battle, use the Mushrooms so you don't waste them

Goombella is Super-Ranked at 20 HP and I don't have enough Shine Sprites to upgrade Koops, so he remains at 10 HP. They'll gobble up my Life Shrooms that I need in an emergency before Level 50.

Anyways, I finally figured out THE strategy to win this. It's going to be an uphill battle, but a lot of fun and if I get my groove going fairly easy. All I have to do is take on Koopook's trouble and get the Special Card; play the Plane Game for 1-2 hours to earn 300 piantas, and spent them on 9 Power Rush's. This will not be a true Danger Mario because I don't have Bobbery to lower Mr. Mario's HP to 5. I'll have to personally take hits and guard or even superguard to get myself in Danger each time after I level up to tap into the ultimate power. Even then, I don't have Spike Shield or Ice Power to make an easy Multibounce all I need to win each battle - so as said I am still challenging myself to get to Bonetail (though Bonetail will be a piece of cake with some Boo Sheets and Power Bounces :D).

I'll try to get a couple of 2-minute videos or something, low-quality off-screen, of me fighting for proof.

And yes, originally I was going to use no Power Rushes, but I realized it's the only way to win at this point, and there's still enough difficulty to make it FUN!

I'll post a badge list of what I'm using later.

this is very interesting...

Wayoshi said:
Goombella is Super-Ranked at 20 HP and I don't have enough Shine Sprites to upgrade Koops, so he remains at 10 HP. They'll gobble up my Life Shrooms that I need in an emergency before Level 50.

Anyways, I finally figured out THE strategy to win this. It's going to be an uphill battle, but a lot of fun and if I get my groove going fairly easy. All I have to do is take on Koopook's trouble and get the Special Card; play the Plane Game for 1-2 hours to earn 300 piantas, and spent them on 9 Power Rush's. This will not be a true Danger Mario because I don't have Bobbery to lower Mr. Mario's HP to 5. I'll have to personally take hits and guard or even superguard to get myself in Danger each time after I level up to tap into the ultimate power. Even then, I don't have Spike Shield or Ice Power to make an easy Multibounce all I need to win each battle - so as said I am still challenging myself to get to Bonetail (though Bonetail will be a piece of cake with some Boo Sheets and Power Bounces :D).

I'll try to get a couple of 2-minute videos or something, low-quality off-screen, of me fighting for proof.

And yes, originally I was going to use no Power Rushes, but I realized it's the only way to win at this point, and there's still enough difficulty to make it FUN!

I'll post a badge list of what I'm using later.

yeah... and, go to What'sHisFace Morlock or something, lower you're HP to 5 with him and add FP and BP.

I don't have Bobbery to get my HP down to 5. I have to strategically guard and superguard each time after I level up to get to that point.

Wayoshi said:
I don't have Bobbery to get my HP down to 5. I have to strategically guard and superguard each time after I level up to get to that point.

no. I meant, that guy in Rougeport Sewers. You know, -5 HP +5 BP or something???

I still think you're insane, Wayoshi. However, I'm behind you 100.16%. =D *cheer*

Max2 said:
Wayoshi said:

no. I meant, that guy in Rougeport Sewers. You know, -5 HP +5 BP or something???

You need Bobbery to blow open the crack that leads to Rip Cheato.

-_-

Due to a grave "memory" error, suddenly things have gotten a LOT harder to figure out. I might have to wait until after Chapter 2.

In the famous words of one of the best cartoon dogs out there;
"Ruh-roh!"

Have fun un-error-izing your memory. xD

Lol.

Anyways, that error was that Power Rushes aren't available to buy until after Chapter 6.

Wayoshi said:
Lol.

Anyways, that error was that Power Rushes aren't available to buy until after Chapter 6.

Ah man. That sucks.

Thinking about it now though it makes sense - if they were available early, that leaves an easy way to freelance through the game. Getting 300 piantas from the Plane Game only takes 15-45 min if you know how to land on x2 squares consistently

Wayoshi said:
Lol.

that totally sucks...why don't you still try to go in... :lol:

Great Gonzo said:
Wayoshi said:
Lol.

that totally sucks...why don't you still try to go in... :lol:
I'd only be making 3 damage to Bonetail per round and would have to superguard nearly 100 times. I doubt I can be that consistent.

EDIT: W/ Jumpman I could power bounce for 1 damage per jump. I'd probably equip Simplifier to get a good 6-10 damage in per round. That still leaves me with 20-60 superguards

EDIT2: Still, the challenge is enticing. I'd be fairly leveled up (25) and w/o Power Rushes would give myself a 35/40/39 or so stats to work with, so I could guard on his tough breath attacks safely.

One last note: I was planning on also using a Mega Rush P strategy with Goombella, for the 90s, where there are no spiked enemies, and Bonetail. But, my partner to turn to is a measly Koops w/ just 10 HP, who could be killed quickly in all those situations.

EDIT3: !!! Idea: Bring Goombella down to 1 HP before entering the Pit and keeping her that way all the way through. Amazy Dayzees become possible again too. Maybe get Koops down as well occasionally for a nasty set of Piranha Plants & Dark Bristles.

I'm feeling like taking a risk again...

EDIT4: I once got a Mega Rush P from an enemy in the Pit (maybe Dark Koopatrol). Hopefully even w/o Ms. Mowz I'll get lucky - then I'd be in the money for sure.

I decided that I absolutely have to wait until after Chapter 2. I'll get a lot of benefits from adding that extra Chapter. I'll pick up Power Plus P & Last Stand and not fight one battle in the Glitz Pit, meaning no Yoshi Kid or Gold Star (two things I have relied on a lot in my other 6 Pit runs, so I'm challenging myself in addition to being underleveled, underbadged and undermanned to not use these).

You're up for a big challenge. I'm still cheering you on, though. ;) *cheerleader outfit* o.o; Don't ask.

Luigi hc said:
You're up for a big challenge. I'm still cheering you on, though. ;) *cheerleader outfit* o.o; Don't ask.

*Takes picture* guys in cheerleader outfits make good pictures for the yearbook :P

Bet y'all forgot about this little challenge of mine, right? RIGHT? ;)

Expect image proof soon.

Back