Most exciting moment in a Mario game

SiFi

Just a flight attendant guy.
MarioWiki
SiFi
Remember that time in SMW, where Mario picked a fortress outta the ground? And then threw it away? No? You suck.

TiDi said:
Remember that time in SMW, where Mario picked a fortress outta the ground? And then threw it away? No? You suck.
Thanks. So do you. Now I'm not responding to your topic

You just did, actually. :P

Anyway, my most exciting moment (that I could think of at the moment) was when I actually managed to beat Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels. However, that was nine years ago, and I'm having a very hard time doing that again.

The lost levels´ difficulty is over-rated IMO.

One of the most exciting moments in a Mario game... hmm...

-Elder princess Shroob. Now that´s a hard boss

-The whole ending sequence of Paper Mario 2, including Grodus and the Shadow Queen battle

-Doing an Albatross with a lightweight character in any Mario Golf (you knew little Koopa could do that on shifting sand on Toadstool Tour!) or a hole in one with a heavy character (You really mastered Petey´s little accuracy!)

-Super Mario Galaxy as a whole

There are so many I just can´t remember them all

SolarBlaze said:
You just did, actually. :P

Anyway, my most exciting moment (that I could think of at the moment) was when I actually managed to beat Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels. However, that was nine years ago, and I'm having a very hard time doing that again.
I responded, but I didn't say the most exciting part in a Mario game so I didn't respond to the topic. And this post does not count as responding to the topic either.

Easmo said:
The game actually starts off pretty easy, but starts to get much harder later on. Particularly in the stages with all those gusts of wind, where you have to make all these long jumps. Also, let's not forget the Hammer Brothers. Those guys could be a real pain.

Beating Sunshine. Well...watching someone beat it, since I don't play Mario as much as I used to. It was still exciting, though. I like when Mario got the sunshades, that was pretty cool.

SolarBlaze said:
Easmo said:
The game actually starts off pretty easy, but starts to get much harder later on. Particularly in the stages with all those gusts of wind, where you have to make all these long jumps. Also, let's not forget the Hammer Brothers. Those guys could be a real pain.

Yeah, I know, I have the super mario all stars + super mario world cartdrige, so I have beaten every NES and SNES mario game thousands of times. Just that, although the lost levels requires a little more skill, it´s not THAT hard.

For example, 360/ps3 sonic unleashed is 10 times harder.

Easmo said:
SolarBlaze said:
Easmo said:

Yeah, I know, I have the super mario all stars + super mario world cartdrige, so I have beaten every NES and SNES mario game thousands of times. Just that, although the lost levels requires a little more skill, it´s not THAT hard.

Released 20 years later.

TiDi said:
Remember that time in SMW, where Mario picked a fortress outta the ground? And then threw it away?

That was pretty awesome, but I liked it better when he blew himself up.

SolarBlaze said:
Easmo said:
true, that game it's hard, and the plataformless hammer brothers were my biggest problem, but the game itself it's not that hard, I reached from the begining to the level 8-3 in a single day ^^, but the REAL pain in the 4ss is the last level ><
maybe the most exiting moments in a mario game are
-beating bowser in SMW (first game finished ^^)
-same as above, but in SM64 and PM
-shadow queen battle, the music of her first form it's epic
-in NSMB, after beating dry bowser, I tought that I finished the game, but bowser Jr escaped with peach and I though WTF?, just to realise that it was just the half of the world 8, but I love the music of "flowing lava"

ugozima said:
Easmo said:
SolarBlaze said:
Easmo said:

Released 20 years later.

It´s still much harder. Also, Contra, Battletoads and all other impossible games were made around that time and hey are still much harder than Lost Levels. I just think that Lost Levels is harder than other Mario games but not crazy-hard like many people claim.

Back