Most dissapointing Mario game you've ever played.

Goombowser

Koopa Troopa
Banned User
Well, here's an idea for a new topic: What Mario game dissapointed you the most? Perhaps one that you were looking forward to getting for a long time, and you tried to assuage you burning anticipation/desire to play the game by playing an old Mario game and pretending to play the new one (example: Whilst waiting for the original Super Smash Bros., I tenuously played Smashbrawl to vicariously pretend I was playing it). But when you got the game, it was a real let down. Or the game the most dissapointed you might just be one you were looking forward to, but you knew already it wasn't going to the greatest gaming experience you've ever enjoyed, but you thought you'd have some fun with it nonetheless; when you bought the final package you thought it was complete crap. Or maybe it was a Mario game you still thought was very good, but it didn't measure up to the absolute greatness you thought it would very well be.

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games. I never really cared much about the game anyway, but I thought I'd try it out anyway, since my little brother got it for Christmas back in 2007. I played it a few times, tried to enjoy it, but I just couldn't, due to the fact that it had such average, mediocre gameplay. In fact, the only reason the game got so much hype in the first place, is because of the fact that Mario and Sonic were in the same game. I'm pretty sure that its sequel is going to be just as bad, if not worse.

Well, TTYD was sort of a letdown for me.

*raises flame shield*

Eh, I never had much hope for that game since I first saw the GC version in NP.

SolarBlaze said:
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games. I never really cared much about the game anyway, but I thought I'd try it out anyway, since my little brother got it for Christmas back in 2007. I played it a few times, tried to enjoy it, but I just couldn't, due to the fact that it had such average, mediocre gameplay. In fact, the only reason the game got so much hype in the first place, is because of the fact that Mario and Sonic were in the same game. I'm pretty sure that its sequel is going to be just as bad, if not worse.
Same, but I did enjoy Archery and Dream Table Tennis. Other than that, the game was just "meh".

From the previews I've seen, the sequel actually looks like it could shape up to be a good little minigame compilation.

MARIO PARTY 8 was HORRIBLE!!!!!!! Worst Mario Party ever! I thought it would be awesome on the wii. There are like barely any mini-games, and the whole thing is just horrible. Ugh, I hated it.

i have to say the most dissapointing mario game, and I can tell you can all agree, is Mario Gold 64. Just boring. period

WarioLoaf said:
i have to say the most dissapointing mario game, and I can tell you can all agree, is Mario Gold 64. Just boring. period
Hey do you want t race me in Mario Kart Wii?

Luigi+Daisyfan11 said:
WarioLoaf said:
Hey do you want t race me in Mario Kart Wii?
There's a whole board for online play. Discuss it there or via PMs.

People said riske stuff was gonna happen in Brawl. I was dissapointed; it was the cleanest game Ive ever played in my life

Goombowser said:
People said riske stuff was gonna happen in Brawl. I was dissapointed; it was the cleanest game Ive ever played in my life
Talkin bout Snake talkin' bout Samus taking her clothes off.

Also, I forgot.

Hotel Mario[/thread]

Brie Loader said:
The game that most disappointed me was Mario Kart Wii, which I despised when it came out, but was looking forward to since it was announced. The game I find most dissapointing in the long run is Super Paper Mario because it was terrible.
MKW didn't disapoint me at all. SPM did though.

super paper mario, the secuence was very repetitive, you have to follow those steps
1-get the pure heart
2- put it on the heart pilar
3- look for the next one
4- pass the 4 levels
5-beat the boss (witch all of them were pussies)
6-repeat above ><
another thing that I didn't like is the lack of creativity of the scenarios, we're talking of dimensions!!!!!!!! there are just places with diferent themes, not bizarre places like the water is up or in the air,inverted gravity, etc, they were just normal worlds

others:
mario party (from 5 to forward)
mario sports games, specially the strikers

What I've played of SMG was pretty neat, but MKWii was pretty bad.

≥£®∂¥ ₲Ú¥ said:
Toadbert said:
SMG, SPM, MKwii,

Hey they're all for the wii. Neat
Hey! :mad:
I liked SMG and MKW.

SMG seemed to be for 7 year olds

And I could not fare well with the Wii Wheel. But anyway, MKWii was kind of ok, but its getting repetitive now, they need a new feature to it, like blow up your enemies with lazer guided missles etc.

Back