Harmony Gold dub of 1986 Super Mario anime?

nonameus

Goomba
I've heard of Harmony Gold doing a dub of the Super Mario anime OVA; though it's nearly impossible to find in my search for it.

Is it possible for someone to have video tape recordings of it (it was only released in limited test markets on US TV, I think).

Is this dub even real, or is it just a false rumor?

Just curious.

The only place I can find even mentioning this alleged dub is the Lost Media Archive on Wikia (NOT The Lost Media Wiki, that's an entirely separate and self-hosted wiki) and yeah umm if you're someone who's into lost media like I am, you should know that the Lost Media Archive is basically just trash where anyone can and anyone will just add articles about fake lost media with no sources or actual evidence because there's literally no quality control on that site.

Like their article about this alleged dub claims 'it was never shown to the public, possibly not even released on VHS' and that the 'proof' of it existed is from some YouTube Poops that 'may be lost to time'. (If it was never shown to the public and never released onto home videos, how did these alleged YouTube Poops use clips from this alleged dub? Of course considering the article also claims that the dub used the same voice cast as the Super Mario World cartoon, wouldn't be surprised if they saw some YTP that used audio from the SMW cartoon and applied it to clips from the 1986 anime movie and then thought 'This must be from a lost English dub of the movie!!!' or something tbh)

So yeah it's BS.

The only place I can find even mentioning this alleged dub is the Lost Media Archive on Wikia (NOT The Lost Media Wiki, that's an entirely separate and self-hosted wiki) and yeah umm if you're someone who's into lost media like I am, you should know that the Lost Media Archive is basically just trash where anyone can and anyone will just add articles about fake lost media with no sources or actual evidence because there's literally no quality control on that site.

Like their article about this alleged dub claims 'it was never shown to the public, possibly not even released on VHS' and that the 'proof' of it existed is from some YouTube Poops that 'may be lost to time'. (If it was never shown to the public and never released onto home videos, how did these alleged YouTube Poops use clips from this alleged dub? Of course considering the article also claims that the dub used the same voice cast as the Super Mario World cartoon, wouldn't be surprised if they saw some YTP that used audio from the SMW cartoon and applied it to clips from the 1986 anime movie and then thought 'This must be from a lost English dub of the movie!!!' or something tbh)

So yeah it's BS.

I think I've heard people saying that they've seen the super mario anime 1990 English dub on independent TV stations between 1992-1993. But there isn't anything on this besides word-of-mouth, so I'll just take it with a grain of salt.

Back