'Super Mario Bros. Gaiden' and 'Super Mario Bros. Gaiden 2' adventure book coverage.

Zero-ELEC

Goomba
Greetings! I initially brought this up in the discord, since I didn't know where to share this, but it's been pointed out to me that this would be a more permanent and perhaps appropriate place for this; so, copy paste time:

I wanted to ask if y'all were aware of the Super Mario Bros. Gaiden books? They were officially licensed "adventure books" under the Adventure Hero's Books line that featured original stories based on various different franchises. Mario had two books under that line, Super Mario Bros. Gaiden and Super Mario Bros. Gaiden 2 which featured among many things original characters, such as "Prince Andre" from the "Potato Kingdom" who was a love interest (??) to Princess Peach. I ask this because the Super Mario Wiki is like a huge repository of really cool and obscure Mario info and I feel this is right up y'all's alley.

Here's some images from a personal(?) blog of someone documenting Gaiden 2:

image.png
image.png

And some links to their blog posts: [1] [2] [3]

Normally I'd try and like... make pages myself, but I wouldn't even know where to start with this, even outside of the language barrier; how would these be categorised, are they within the wiki's scope, etc. So instead I'm posting this here in hope that it'll catch somebody's eyes and maybe end up being someone's pet project or something.

This would definitely be within our scope since it's officially licensed material, it would probably fall into our comics coverage. Unfortunately I'm in the same boat with the language barrier so I can't be much help otherwise.

I have scans of these and they've been on my "to translate" list for a while. Sadly they're currently on the backburner because of other projects I have right now. 😞

Back