Is Sotomayor racist?

• Yes

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters

Yoshario

King Bowser
I don't think it was that racist. If it was so racist, how come the media didn't bitch about it when she said it eight years ago?

The media is only bitching about it now because she's a female minority in a position of power. Had she never been appointed, we'd hear nothing of it.

as someone who is hspanic myself I found it in awful taste. If a white guy said the same thing, his career would be over. The same should go for anyone else.

Mr. I said:
as someone who is hspanic myself I found it in awful taste. If a white guy said the same thing, his career would be over. The same should go for anyone else.
Silly person, don't you know the rules of racism? It's fine to be racist as long as it's against your own race.

Racism is when you believe that some 'races' (or ethnicities) are more superior than others. That's the true definition of racism. I don't know what this woman has said, but if it doesn't match the previously mentioned criteria, it is not racism.

$ππ!∂∂∫£ said:
I don't know what this woman has said, but if it doesn't match the previously mentioned criteria, it is not racism.
"I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn't lived that life."
;)

Crow T. Robot said:
$ππ!∂∂∫£ said:
I don't know what this woman has said, but if it doesn't match the previously mentioned criteria, it is not racism.
"I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn't lived that life."
;)
Wait, people are getting pissed about THAT? My god, our society is waaaay too touchy.

$‡¥₲Ú¥27 said:
Crow T. Robot said:
$ππ!∂∂∫£ said:
;)
Wait, people are getting pissed about THAT? My god, our society is waaaay too touchy.

You don't say. Over here, you're called a racist as fast as you know of a very simple and fully feasible way to dramatically reduce crime rates.

$‡¥₲Ú¥27 said:
Mr. I said:
Silly person, don't you know the rules of racism? It's fine to be racist as long as it's against your own race.
:/

Belloq said:
$‡¥₲Ú¥27 said:
Mr. I said:
:/

Actually it's true. I mean, black people use the N-word as a greeting, almost.

$‡¥₲Ú¥27 said:
Crow T. Robot said:
$ππ!∂∂∫£ said:
;)
inorite?
I'd much rather have a "wise Latina" in office than a dumb white guy.

My teacher wanted me to write a paper about reverse racism but I refused because I didn't know what it was.

$‡¥₲Ú¥27 said:
Crow T. Robot said:
$ππ!∂∂∫£ said:
;)
Seriously. Another thing is that the media will dig up dirt on the stupidest damn stuff in order to make it seem 100 times worse than it actually is.

$ππ!∂∂∫£ said:
$‡¥₲Ú¥27 said:
Crow T. Robot said:
$ππ!∂∂∫£ said:
;)

You don't say. Over here, you're called a racist as fast as you know of a very simple and fully feasible way to dramatically reduce crime rates.

Like what, killing all the immigrants? I'd say that's racist.

ScarecrowPerson said:
$ππ!∂∂∫£ said:
$‡¥₲Ú¥27 said:
Crow T. Robot said:
$ππ!∂∂∫£ said:
;)

Like what, killing all the immigrants? I'd say that's racist.
Smiddle or myself never once said anything about desiring to kill all immigrants, only to deport the crime committing immigrants back to where they originally came from, I'd say that's not racist. </off-topic>

So is that comment saying that it's better to have an experienced person of one ethinicity in a position of power than it is to have an inexperienced person of another ethnicity?

$ππ!∂∂∫£ said:
I don't really see what difference that makes.

Belloq said:
$ππ!∂∂∫£ said:
Well, if a white guy goes up to a black guy and goes "Hey n*****!" he'd probably get stabbed.

$‡¥₲Ú¥27 said:
Belloq said:
$ππ!∂∂∫£ said:
Well, if a white guy goes up to a black guy and goes "Hey n*****!" he'd probably get stabbed.
Yes, but why should it be any different if a black guy says to another black guy "Hey ni****!"

Also:

So is that comment saying that it's better to have an experienced person of one ethinicity in a position of power than it is to have an inexperienced person of another ethnicity?

Belloq said:
$‡¥₲Ú¥27 said:
Belloq said:
$ππ!∂∂∫£ said:
Yes, but why should it be any different if a black guy says to another black guy "Hey ni****!"
It shouldn't be, but remember the rules of racism that I brought up way back there?

My hypothesis:

The N-word is pejorative, and dependant on skin colour.
If a white person uses the N-word, he intends to insult the black person because of his skin colour (and that of others).
Black people won't insult each other because of the objects's skin colour, since it's the same of the subject. Therefore, it automatically isn't an insult, since the N-word is dependant on skin colours.

$‡¥₲Ú¥27 said:
Belloq said:
$‡¥₲Ú¥27 said:
Belloq said:
$ππ!∂∂∫£ said:
It shouldn't be, but remember the rules of racism that I brought up way back there?
Who said that?

$‡¥₲Ú¥27 said:
If you're not black that's racist.
I don't see how it's any less offensive for a black person to call another black person that than it is for a person of another ethnicity to call a black person that. :/

Brie Loader said:
$‡¥₲Ú¥27 said:
If you're not black that's racist.
I would say that you(or anyone else) can throw any offensive terms for white people at me that you want, but none of them offend me and thus they are not offensive.
Well, one of the other rules of racism is that anyone can be racist against white people (and France I think).

Back