The Best Boss Music

Mario Fan

Mario
Pronouns
He/Him
This is a thread about the best boss music in video game history and what makes it great. It could be the tone, how well it fits the character, or that it's just a banger.

Toby Fox is an expert at story telling. This is well reflected in his boss music. Every single song fits the fight, and all of them are cool.
Goofy upbeat music for the harmless goofball Papyrus.
Intense and over the top music for Undyne, which swaps to a much more heroic and somber track for her genocide route boss.
A mixture of somber and intense for Toriel. Which get more intense for Asgore, while keeping the slight sadness.
The chaotic Your Best Nightmare usurped by Finale near the end.
The swap of Awesome to spooky to Triumphant for Asriel.
Megalovania sounding more fit for the player, because you'll be tanking while Sans dodges and you're way stronger.
Everything about Death by Glamor is fabulous. Truly a beautiful song.
I have several examples I didn't include out of laziness. Like Muffet, Napstablook, and the entirety of Deltarune.

here are the ones that are just a bangers
the dkcs have some pretty good ones (final boss themes for the snes trilogy and the 1st and 5th bosses for tropical freeze idk for returns)
also i like bowser battle 1 super mario odyssey and mechawiggler and torkdrift
Also the angry birds space boss theme
also starbound final boss theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y2N5K7svGI there was also a remix of it for the final-final boss swansong but i like forest battle 2 better

There's so many good ones out there but I'll fulfill my obligated contact by mentioning Persona 5/Royal.

Case in point:
Will Power
Keeper of Lust
Blooming Villain
Rivers in the Desert
SPOILERY SPOILER FINAL BOSS
Throw Away Your Mask

All of them really fit the emotional scale of whatever situation is happening in the story, and are great in their own right.

Honestly the entire OST of this game is one of my absolute favorites, so many bangers and I could go on for hours about it but for now this'll do.

Obligatory Baten Katios's Chaotic Dance post whenever boss music is brought up.

Master Hand's theme from smash 4 is a serious bop. (I'd say it's better than the Final Destination for that game too)

Back