Harry Potter

Yoshario

King Bowser
Well, the new movie is coming out. Anyway, I've read books 1-3 and saw movies 1-3. I am currently reading book 4. The series is amazing. Any other HP fans out there?

i, i have read all books like 4 times.

in my opinion movies 1 and 2 are the best, the other ones are really different from the books, however, this one looks really good

Haven't read any of the books, and have seen all movies (except for that new one if there is any).

Pretty good.

Yoshario said:
Azkaban was pretty true to the book, except for cutting out Cedric Diggory :eek:
Not really.

I've read each book 7 times (call me crazy :P), and I love them. One of the best series of novels to ever be written. They're really imaginative, and I like how Rowling pays homages to various parts of Lord of the Rings.

Also, the movies are pretty good, but they've chopped way too much out of 3, 4, and 5; I haven't seen 6 yet, but from what I hear, it's pretty chopped up too. Not to say the movies are bad, (in fact, they're still very good), but they could be far more true to the books.

Love the books.

Half-Blood prince is the best of the movies, in my opinion, but the Order of the Phoenix is the best book.

Yoshario said:
Azkaban was pretty true to the book, except for cutting out Cedric Diggory :eek:
You're kidding, right? The Azkaban movie completely cut out the revelation of who the Marauders were.

THAT MAKES ME UPSET

ScarecrowPerson said:
Love the books.

Half-Blood prince is the best of the movies, in my opinion, but the Order of the Phoenix is the best book.

Yoshario said:
You're kidding, right? The Azkaban movie completely cut out the revelation of who the Marauders were.

THAT MAKES ME UPSET
You mean Moony, Padfoot, Wormtail and Prongs?
They were mentioned when they saw the Marauder's Map.
Or unless you mean who they really were, like James Potter, Pettigrew, Sirius Black, and Remus Lupin.

Movie number six was quite good. Chopped up, of course, but great nonetheless. The acting is magnificent, particularly with Professor Slughorn.

As for the books... I need to read them all again. :P

Yoshario said:
ScarecrowPerson said:
Love the books.

Yoshario said:

THAT MAKES ME UPSET
Or unless you mean who they really were, like James Potter, Pettigrew, Sirius Black, and Remus Lupin.
Yes.

IT MADE THE WHOLE HARRY'S-PATRONUS-IS-A-STAG THING POINTLESS :(

Films have to cut out content otherwise the Potter films would be over 5 hours long for each one.
Books and film are meant to compliment one another anyway.

"NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU B*TCH!"

I came very close to standing up and cheering at that line.

Yoshario said:
ScarecrowPerson said:

What HP book is that from? :eek:

It was on the Deathly hollows,when that one lady treid to kill ginny,ginny's mom said that.
I read allmost all,didn't finish deathly hollows yet.

Booman said:
Yoshario said:
ScarecrowPerson said:

It was on the Deathly hollows,when that one lady treid to kill ginny,ginny's mom said that.
that quote is epic

Tucayo said:
Booman said:
Yoshario said:
ScarecrowPerson said:

that quote is epic
They're allowed to say the B-word in Harry Potter? Isn't it a children's series though?

King Hippo said:
Tucayo said:
Booman said:
Yoshario said:
ScarecrowPerson said:

that quote is epic
They're allowed to say the B-word in Harry Potter? Isn't it a children's series though?
not the last books, though

Tucayo said:
King Hippo said:
Tucayo said:
Booman said:
Yoshario said:
ScarecrowPerson said:

that quote is epic
not the last books, though
Meh, it's also said in POA.

Back