Best TTYD Partner

Which TTYD partner reigned supreme over all of the others?

• Goombella

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Koops

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Flurrie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Baby Yoshi

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Vivian

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Bobbery

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Ms. Mowz

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Flurrie and Yoshi. Flurrie maybe, since he makes fights a lot easier.

OMimistasia said:
Piraka Wario said:
It's a trap!
Huh?
I was talking about Vivian. If you don't get it, it's probably not really worth explaining, sooo...

I'm gonna make a not-lazy post about this, unlike last time.

Goombella is incredibly handy in the Pit of 100 Trials because of her Rally Wink. Multibonk isn't too bad either, but it gets pretty weak after two bonks. Plus you have Tattle, which is always handy. Unfortunately, her physical attacks are just headbonks, which aren't good against enemies with high defense or ones that are spiny.

Koops is good because of his Shell Slam and Shell Shield. Shell Slam pierces enemy defenses and does 6 damage for pretty low FP. Shell Shield is better than Vivian's Veil, imo, because it doesn't cost you a whole turn. His main drawback is that he can get knocked on his back.

Flurrie is kinda meh. Body Slam is a good move, but it only works on non-spiky enemies. Her kissing move is about the only one that's halfway decent.

The Yoshi Kid's only good move is Gulp, because it does the most damage and works on almost any enemy. The rest of his attacks do 1 point of damage at a time, so they're useless against an enemy with a defense of 1 or more.

Vivian is probably the second best partner, because she can set things on fire, and Fiery Jinx doesn't cost much FP, despite how much damage it does. Veil sucks though, because it costs you a whole turn.

Bobbery is the best because he has attacks that work against ground and airborne enemies. Bob-ombast is pretty gnarly. 9 damage to each opponent; can't ask for much more than that, even if it does require 9 FP. Hold Fast is a pretty hand technique if you suck at Superguarding; the move where he throws Time Bombs is really handy in a pinch, and doesn't require much FP.

Ms. Mowz is good because of her ability to steal items from other enemies. Her Love Slap is good because it pierces defense, but it only does 4 damage. Smooch is a good move if you're in danger, but it costs 10 FP for the same effect as a Super Shroom.

All in all, I'd rank the partners in this order:

Bobbery
Vivian
Goombella
Koops
Yoshi Kid
Ms. Mowz
Flurrie

Stooben Rooben said:
I'm gonna make a not-lazy post about this, unlike last time.

Goombella is incredibly handy in the Pit of 100 Trials because of her Rally Wink. Multibonk isn't too bad either, but it gets pretty weak after two bonks. Plus you have Tattle, which is always handy. Unfortunately, her physical attacks are just headbonks, which aren't good against enemies with high defense or ones that are spiny.

Koops is good because of his Shell Slam and Shell Shield. Shell Slam pierces enemy defenses and does 6 damage for pretty low FP. Shell Shield is better than Vivian's Veil, imo, because it doesn't cost you a whole turn. His main drawback is that he can get knocked on his back.

Flurrie is kinda meh. Body Slam is a good move, but it only works on non-spiky enemies. Her kissing move is about the only one that's halfway decent.

The Yoshi Kid's only good move is Gulp, because it does the most damage and works on almost any enemy. The rest of his attacks do 1 point of damage at a time, so they're useless against an enemy with a defense of 1 or more.

Vivian is probably the second best partner, because she can set things on fire, and Fiery Jinx doesn't cost much FP, despite how much damage it does. Veil sucks though, because it costs you a whole turn.

Bobbery is the best because he has attacks that work against ground and airborne enemies. Bob-ombast is pretty gnarly. 9 damage to each opponent; can't ask for much more than that, even if it does require 9 FP. Hold Fast is a pretty hand technique if you suck at Superguarding; the move where he throws Time Bombs is really handy in a pinch, and doesn't require much FP.

Ms. Mowz is good because of her ability to steal items from other enemies. Her Love Slap is good because it pierces defense, but it only does 4 damage. Smooch is a good move if you're in danger, but it costs 10 FP for the same effect as a Super Shroom.

All in all, I'd rank the partners in this order:

Bobbery
Vivian
Goombella
Koops
Yoshi Kid
Ms. Mowz
Flurrie
It's eerie how your list is the same as mine...

Stooben Rooben said:
Gale Force would like to have a word. :P

SolarBlaze said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Gale Force would like to have a word. :P
I never use Gale Force.

What about her ability to blow away enemies? I found that very useful.

Gale Force is really handy for weak enemies and airborne enemies, but that's about it.

Back