Forum Moderator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
They
MarioWiki
Roserade
This thread is pretty straightforward. I'm not at all an immensely knowledgeable person regarding Marvel or Capcom, but the MvC series is really special to me, so I spend plenty of time thinking about what characters we could see added to the series. In a hypothetical next installment in the series, where presumably there are no specific limitations, who would you want to include?

From the Marvel side, I think the greatest piece that's missing is the fresher, younger faces of Marvel. There's plenty of legacy characters and MCU standouts, but the comics have a number of canonically and/or chronologically younger characters that would do great in MvC. Ms. Marvel, Miles Morales, and Squirrel Girl are the three who immediately come to mind as must haves. Spider Gwen and Gwenpool are also being tossed a bone, although I don't feel like either one would be too likely.

If we're looking from an objective standpoint for the Marvel side, it's probably inevitable that we'll see Loki in the next game, but I do think he has versatility as a character that would be fun to see anyway

Looking at the Capcom side, I currently believe it's basically a lock that we'll see a RE8 character, and that character would be Lady Dimitrescu. If Ultra Instinct Shaggy's inclusion in MultiVersus is any indication, fighting game developers are keeping an eye out for what fans are looking for from their game, and I think the online hype for Lady D is too great to ignore. However, I would also like Heisenberg because I think he looks funny

The Capcom series I love most is Ace Attorney, so of course I'm looking for Phoenix to return. In terms of new characters, though, I have a few options. I'd want a character who could represent the second trilogy, and while the easy answer is Apollo, I'd actually choose Trucy for the role. She'd had all sorts of magic tricks and visual flairs to play with, and could have Mr. Hat mechanics alongside her kit. I'd also want to see TGAA characters, and my big two are either Kazuma, for his cool look and katana expertise, or Herlock Sholmes, for his absolutely hilarious nature that would be perfect for a MvC game

Cant think of many possible additions that everyone isnt thinking about, but with how successful spiderverse was, itd be nice to idk, have miles be a spiderman alt or something, and hed even have the spiderverse artstyle, kinda like that one filter from spiderman ps5

Honestly if the entire game were as stylized as Spiderverse is, I could see it being a blowout success

Honestly, the only way to make MVC4 just as great as MVC2 (One of my favorite fighting games and possibly my favorite Dreamcast title), is to go the route of Smash Ultimate and bring back every fighter.

Back