Top 10 WORST Kirby Abilities

Greninja The Mario Karter

Greninja the Water/Dark Ninja
Pronouns
He, Him, His
Kirby has had tens, if not hundreds of abilities to use throughout the years, but not all of them are good. While I would do the ten best Kirby abilities, I'm instead going to start with the ten worst Kirby abilities.

Number 10: Broom/Clean

This ability is first seen in Dreamland 3 and returns in Super Star Allies. What this ability does is allow you to sweep the ground, creating dust clouds that can kill nearby enemies. The problem is that this ability has a tiny range, making it hard to even hit an enemy, since you have to be within a certain distance of your target.

Number 9: Hi-Jump

This next ability also came back after a long hiatus. The Hi-Jump ability allows Kirby to jump vertically and damage enemies from below, but it's only useful in a few areas, and since it isn't any faster than Kirby floating, there's little reason to have this ability.

Number 8: Crash

This next ability is one that can only be used once. The Crash ability allows you to kill all enemies on screen and can also be used on bosses. While this may sound good, as mentioned previously, you can only use it once, and once you use it, you're left with nothing. This is basically a worse version of the Mike ability, since the Mike ability does the same thing, except you get three uses out of it.

Number 7: Ball

This next ability only appears in Kirby's Adventure, and for good reason. The Ball ability turns Kirby into a ball, allowing him to bounce and roll around, as well as allowing him to defeat enemies. The problem is that Ball Kirby is hard to control, and he can only damage enemies when travelling fast enough from a bounce.

Number 6: Light

This next ability also only appears in Kirby's Adventure. The Light ability allows you to light up dark rooms. However, like Crash, it's a one use ability, and using it doesn't hurt any enemies. Also, there are only two or three dark rooms in the entire game, and they aren't really that big of a problem to begin with.

Number 5: Mini

Yep, another ability that only appears in one game. The Mini ability from The Amazing Mirror turns you tiny and allows you to go into gaps. This ability is extremely rare, and using it strips away your abilities.

Number 4: Copy

You guessed it. Another one game ability. Appearing only in Super Star, the Copy ability allows you to do the same thing Kirby can do naturally: copy abilities. I'm not making this up. The Copy ability is a copy ability that allows you to copy abilities. I can't believe this ability actually exists. It does allow you to get Tac, but that's its only real use.

Number 3: Sleep

You knew this ability would show up. Appearing in almost every Kirby game to date, the Sleep ability makes Kirby fall asleep. You can't do a thing while Kirby is sleeping, potentially leaving you vulnerable to enemies. This is also used as an obstacle in some games. But hold on, this ability is only #3. What two abilities could possibly be worse than an ability that does nothing?

Number 2: Dynamite

How about two abilities that straight up hurt you? These last two abilities only appear in Kirby 64. The first of these two is Dynamite, which you can get from combining Bomb and Stone. This ability allows you to throw Dynamite, creating a large explosion that kills enemies. However, it also hurts you if you don't use the hard hat, and the hard hat prevents it from being #1.

Number 1: Melting Ice Block

The Melting Ice Block, which is obtained by combining Fire and Ice, takes the #1 spot for worst Kirby ability ever. At least with Dynamite, you have a big range and can defend yourself. This ability not only has a tiny attack range, but trying to kill enemies is a pain, since it only kills them when it fully melts. You're better off running into the enemies.

Circus isn't on here? I think it's worse than Hi-Jump, personally. Hi-Jump gives you invincibility frames at least, and it can be fun to use, since Kirby jumps slower than the height you get. Plus the outfit looks pretty cool.

Ball Kirby shreds boss HP like no tomorrow, it's the ability I'd use in Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland against bosses.

Copy kinda sucks, but it does have use in Milky Way Wishes where Kirby can't inhale enemies to get Copy abilities but once you get all copy essences yeah it becomes useless.

I also think one-shot abilities and sleep are too easy targets to add, especially Sleep as it's specifically designed to be useless.

Last edited:
Circus isn't on here? I think it's worse than Hi-Jump, personally. Hi-Jump gives you invincibility frames at least, and it can be fun to use, since Kirby jumps slower than the height you get. Plus the outfit looks pretty cool.

Ball Kirby shreds boss HP like no tomorrow, it's the ability I'd use in Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland against bosses.

Copy kinda sucks, but it does have use in Milky Way Wishes where Kirby can't inhale enemies to get Copy abilities but once you get all copy essences yeah it becomes useless.

I also think one-shot abilities and sleep are too easy targets to add, especially Sleep as it's specifically designed to be useless.

I was going to give the Number 8 spot to Circus, but I instead gave it to Crash because it's a worse version of Mic that can only be used once. Good point, though.

I did mention that Ball can defeat enemies, the problem is that it's hard to use efficiently.

Milky Way Wishes is the only mode in which the Copy ability is useful, since Kirby can't inhale enemies. Also, you can get Tac, who is the most powerful partner in the game.

Good point on Sleep. Also, as for the abilities that can only be used once and/or only appear in one game, I found them very easy to put on here because they either don't hurt your enemies at all (Light), strip away your abilities (Mini), or straight up hurt you (Dynamite and Melting Ice Block).

Kind of odd that you called Crash one of the worst abilities for being one-time use, and yet, you never mentioned Paint at all; it's also a one-time use ability.

But I guess in the case of Paint, Kirby can only get that ability when facing Chameleo Arm, Heavy Lobster, and Marx Soul.

Kind of odd that you called Crash one of the worst abilities for being one-time use, and yet, you never mentioned Paint at all; it's also a one-time use ability.

But I guess in the case of Paint, Kirby can only get that ability when facing Chameleo Arm, Heavy Lobster, and Marx Soul.

I could have had Paint as a dishonorable mention for that reason alone, though I don't know if it's a worse version of an already existing ability. However, I do know that Crash is a worse version of Mike, which has three uses as opposed to one.

Also, I put Ball for being hard to control, Light for being a one time use that does nothing to enemies and is pointless due to poorly lit rooms not being that much of a problem, Mini for stripping abilities, Copy for being redundant, and Dynamite and Melting Ice Block for being abilities that hurt you. Do you know what the aforementioned abilities have in common? They have only been in one game, and for good reason.

I feel like I shouldn't have put Sleep on the list because it's intentionally bad, but I felt like I had to mention its disadvantages.

Last edited:
Since I forgot to list them, here are some dishonorable mentions.

Dishonorable Mention #1: Paint

This is a one time use ability, and it can only be obtained from a few bosses.

Dishonorable Mention #2: Metal

This is a worse version of Stone, and while it makes you invincible, it also makes you way heavier.

Dishonorable Mentions #3, 4, and 5: Freeze (As a Standalone Ability), Plasma, and Needle

These three abilities all suffer the same problem: not being able to move while using them.

Dishonorable Mention #6: Jet

The ability is pretty cool visually, but it's not that fun to use, as you move quite slowly. Also, its attacks will only work if you charge it up.

I could have had Paint as a dishonorable mention for that reason alone, though I don't know if it's a worse version of an already existing ability. However, I do know that Crash is a worse version of Mike, which has three uses as opposed to one.
Paint does deal a good amount of damage to Chameleo Arm and Heavy Lobster, with the former being recolored, and made fully visible if it has turned invisible. In fact, Paint is most accessible against Chameleo Arm, because its only projectile attack that Kirby can inhale will always grant Kirby the Paint ability when swallowed.

As for Heavy Lobster, Paint changes its color to red, and permanently blinds it, causing it to behave in an erratic manner.

In regards to Marx Soul, he'll merely take damage from Paint (no aesthetic changes whatsoever), but he is much more resistant to that ability than Chameleo Arm and Heavy Lobster.

Last edited:
Back