GBA

do you ever yearn for the soft touch of a pancake
Forum Moderator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
He/him
893fqke.png

credit to snack for image

alright, have to admire everyone deciding to play in this abandoned sicilian coastal town long enough to warrant me finally doing something as its gravedigger, so a snap decision was made to rename the board to something more fitting and in line with the other forum boards (since the original rename failed to encapsulate what actually goes on in here)

so welcome to Strategy

like the moon cycles, we go through many cycles of waxing and waning mafia activity; over the years we've had things such as a guild with its own constitution, guild ambassadors, a games schedule, and even old q&a and faq threads that are now defunct. but, the moon is overhead, and the time to cast an innocent light on these hallowed grounds is upon us once more

This thread will serve as the new General Discussion thread for the Strategy board; any questions you have on hosting, playing, or the board in general feel free to post in here so people can respond without cluttering other threads!

if you wish to write resources or guides, they may be bundled into a Resources / FAQ thread at a later date, with both Mafia and KG being topics people may want to read about!

Why the name change?
rename the board to something more fitting and in line with the other forum boards (since the original rename failed to encapsulate what actually goes on in here)​

What if you're making a specifically low-commitment game?
typically it is up to the host to define the length of their 'phases' or expected thread/pm interaction times. there is no standard that defines how long this time should be and is entirely the hosts preference

generally, normal mafia games and killing games require some level of interaction every few days, which is reasonable for most people

regardless of how low commitment you might want to make your game, everyone should gauge whether they can meet the minimum expected commitment set out by the host before signing up

Can anybody write a role list like what used to be on this board so that it's easier to pick roles for your Mafia games?

Slight rules clarifications for all people, bad guys and independents between:

- Self destructive behaviour has been explicitly outlined under things that do not qualify as "[Being] a fair sport". As many are aware, these games can be stressful and put pressure on a lot of us in varying degrees. If you cannot take such pressure, and pivot into pessimistic and uncooperative behaviour, it sinks the mood and willingness of other players still trying to play the game, not to mention the host. Please take care of yourselves and only sign up for games you can handle.

- In addition to problematic players being blacklisted after repeated behaviour, I've outlined to all hosts that they have the ability to not include players who sign up for their games, if they feel it's justified, even if such a blacklist has not been officially issued. Do not abuse this. No naming and shaming, either. This is a trial change and I would like the board to remain civil.

- In all cases, I would prefer hosts to message players they have problems with themselves to try to strike up a discussion before excluding them outright. A blacklist is usually enough of a reason for you to say no. Unfair exclusions may result in you being blacklisted from hosting.

- If you as a player feel an exclusion was unnecessary or hurtful you are free to talk with either me or Perch (or any of the other forum mods but preferably us two) about it and we will try and resolve the issue.

Summarized versions of these points have been added to the rules thread.

That's all have a happy strategy

Back