Changes I Would Make To The Phantom and Bit Bike

Greninja The Mario Karter

Greninja the Water/Dark Ninja
Pronouns
He, Him, His
If you've seen my Mario Kart Wii vehicle ranking list, you'll know that I've placed the Phantom in 27th place for having the worst drift stat in the game and the Bit Bike in 36th place for being the slowest vehicle in the game. Both bikes drift outward, making them clunky to control.
Part 1: Buffing the Phantom
As I have said earlier, the Phantom has the worst drift in the game and is an outside drift bike. Here are the changes I would make to the Phantom.
  • The Phantom drifts inward.
  • The speed stat is increased from 43/80 to 53/80.
  • The weight stat is increased from 51/80 to 56/80.
  • The drift stat is increased from 17/80 to 27/80.
  • The handling stat is increased from 48/80 to 51/80.
  • The mini-turbo is increased from 40/80 to 46/80.
  • The off-road stat is increased from 56/80 to 60/80.
With these changes, the Phantom will become the Spear, but with excellent off-road, good handling, and decent mini-turbo.
Part 2: Buffing the Bit Bike
The Bit Bike is not only the slowest vehicle in the game, but it's also the second lightest vehicle. Just like the Phantom, it's an outside drift bike. Here are its changes.
  • The speed stat is increased from 25/80 to 40/80.
  • The weight stat is increased from 18/80 to 35/80.
  • The drift stat is increased from 40/80 to 48/80.
  • The Bit Bike drifts inward.
These changes will put the Bit Bike more in line with the Tiny Titan and Magikruiser.

Last edited:
But what would make the Quacker then

I still think the issue with high acceleration and high handling vehicles lies in the slow speed of Mario Kart Wii. If the "good" bikes were in higher ccs than 150cc, they'd find themselves going off road in like the hairpin turn in Mario Raceway unless they either go wide or brake, so these turns will actually make them lose more speed. It's kinda bull they can hug these corners when the whole point of them is to be bad at turns.

Frankly, the whole game has been a mess with the stand-still mini-turbo existing. At least Mario Kart 7 fixed that up, and Mario Kart 8 went one step further by making most of the vehicle parts viable to use.

But what would make the Quacker then

I still think the issue with high acceleration and high handling vehicles lies in the slow speed of Mario Kart Wii. If the "good" bikes were in higher ccs than 150cc, they'd find themselves going off road in like the hairpin turn in Mario Raceway unless they either go wide or brake, so these turns will actually make them lose more speed. It's kinda bull they can hug these corners when the whole point of them is to be bad at turns.

For the next vehicle balancing thread, I will nerf the Flame Runner, Mach Bike, and Bullet Bike and buff the Jetsetter, Sugarscoot, and Spear. Oh, and I will also make the Sprinter and Offroader viable.

Back