Adventure Time in Review

Sir Pentious

I have a problem
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
InsaneBlathers
I'm gonna review one episode of adventure time a day!

1620435658453.png

The first episode is S1E1: Slumber Party Panic!
My overall verdict is a solid B tier episode. It set the scene for later episodes and introduced the characters pretty well. While there isn't much bad to say about it, it goes in the opposite direction too; there isn't much notable in it either. It's pretty standard for Adventure Time, but that's good for the very first episode. That's what a good first episode is SUPPOSED to do- introduce the characters, setting, and continuity, then provide a prime example of the plot and tone of the series to give the audience an expectation of what's to come. That's what keeps this episode in B tier instead of B- or C.

Last edited:
So much nostalgia I've barely watched adventure time in years but I remember this episode
If only this show was on netflix, especially with the fact that this show has much more continuity in comparison to teen titans go and DC super hero girls, it would be good to actually get to watch it in order one day. like i didn't even realise slumer party panic was the first episode lmao but yeah it was good

View attachment 12489
The first episode is S1E1: Slumber Party Panic!
My overall verdict is a solid B tier episode. It set the scene for later episodes and introduced the characters pretty well. While there isn't much bad to say about it, it goes in the opposite direction too; there isn't much notable in it either. It's pretty standard for Adventure Time, but that's good for the very first episode. That's what a good first episode is SUPPOSED to do- introduce the characters, setting, and continuity, then provide a prime example of the plot and tone of the series to give the audience an expectation of what's to come. That's what keeps this episode in B tier instead of B- or C.
Still a really fun time though.

1620435833689.png

The next episode to review is S1E2: Trouble in Lumpy Space.
Now I'm generally not a big fan of this episode, mostly because I first watched this when I was like 9 and got paranoid that Lumpy Space People were going to sneak into my bedroom at night and turn me into one of them. But... The past is in the... past... heh heh heh.
All joking aside, the episode is... okay. I kind of like the idea and I think it's executed pretty well, and it develops a new part of the AT world, Lumpy Space. Rewatching it, it's much less out of place than I previously thought, now that I've seen a lot more episodes of the show. In fact, this is TAME compared to all the insanity that comes later. The Lich episodes, Elements miniseries, Martin's arc and Orgalorg, Come Along With Me, all MUCH weirder and scarier compared to this early season 1 episode. My teir ranking is a B+, mostly for the worldbuilding and character introductions it provides.

Also, bonus criticism: Marshmallows ARE NOT bouncy. This is a little known fact in the cartoon world, but it is true. Finn, Jake, and PB would probably have suffered multiple injuries crashing through the white delectable, potentially damaging their bones and/or internal organs. But then again, this is a world where purple blobs can fly.

View attachment 12546
The next episode to review is S1E2: Trouble in Lumpy Space.
Now I'm generally not a big fan of this episode, mostly because I first watched this when I was like 9 and got paranoid that Lumpy Space People were going to sneak into my bedroom at night and turn me into one of them. But... The past is in the... past... heh heh heh.
All joking aside, the episode is... okay. I kind of like the idea and I think it's executed pretty well, and it develops a new part of the AT world, Lumpy Space. Rewatching it, it's much less out of place than I previously thought, now that I've seen a lot more episodes of the show. In fact, this is TAME compared to all the insanity that comes later. The Lich episodes, Elements miniseries, Martin's arc and Orgalorg, Come Along With Me, all MUCH weirder and scarier compared to this early season 1 episode. My teir ranking is a B+, mostly for the worldbuilding and character introductions it provides.

Also, bonus criticism: Marshmallows ARE NOT bouncy. This is a little known fact in the cartoon world, but it is true. Finn, Jake, and PB would probably have suffered multiple injuries crashing through the white delectable, potentially damaging their bones and/or internal organs. But then again, this is a world where purple blobs can fly.
I don't like the Lumpy space guys, their voices get on my nerves.

1620535945297.png

S1E3: Prisoners of Love is up next.
This was an ok episode. It wasn't too outstanding, but it WAS the first appearance of the Ice King. I was also surprised to see Cosmic Owl in there. I thought he debuted much later. And even though this is Season 1/2 Ice King and he's mostly just a selfish jerk who kidnaps people, I still feel kinda sorry for him, and you can see his emotional struggle even in the early days. Overall, I'd give this a B ranking.

i havent posted here yet so ig ill just state my opinion on the show in general: i really like it

i wanna come back to it because most of the episodes i just watched them as a leeteul kid, and so back then i didnt really understand them, so i could maybe become more attached to the show if i give it another shot

i havent posted here yet so ig ill just state my opinion on the show in general: i really like it

i wanna come back to it because most of the episodes i just watched them as a leeteul kid, and so back then i didnt really understand them, so i could maybe become more attached to the show if i give it another shot
Yeah, it's really good! Especially the 6th season and beyond, where it gets more serialized, building up cool lore and introducing more interesting characters like Betty. If by kid you mean less than like 10 or something, you likely stopped watching before the good stuff started. I especially like the Elements miniseries in season 9, Jake's arc in season 10, and the Orgalorg arc in season 6, which I'm currently watching.

I remember being
Yeah, it's really good! Especially the 6th season and beyond, where it gets more serialized, building up cool lore and introducing more interesting characters like Betty. If by kid you mean less than like 10 or something, you likely stopped watching before the good stuff started. I especially like the Elements miniseries in season 9, Jake's arc in season 10, and the Orgalorg arc in season 6, which I'm currently watching.
REALLY? Yeah, I stopped watching at like season 6 back in the day.

I remember being

REALLY? Yeah, I stopped watching at like season 6 back in the day.
Remember being what?
But yeah, season 6 is where it starts getting interesting lol. They did a bunch of miniseries in seasons 7, 8, and 9 called stakes, islands and elements which even have their own theme songs, and develop interesting lore and stories. And the finale is also really neat.
The people in my pfp are Shermy and Beth, from the Adventure Time finale.
I have the whole series on plex so it's really easy to watch episodes.

I haven't watched Adventure Time in a very long time. Do they still rerun it on Cartoon Network or Boomerang?

Remember being what?
But yeah, season 6 is where it starts getting interesting lol. They did a bunch of miniseries in seasons 7, 8, and 9 called stakes, islands and elements which even have their own theme songs, and develop interesting lore and stories. And the finale is also really neat.
The people in my pfp are Shermy and Beth, from the Adventure Time finale.
I have the whole series on plex so it's really easy to watch episodes.
You do know Plex is a piracy thing, right?

But yeah, I'll do that. Thanks!

now what's a good way to watch the show nowadays? im not gonna watch it on tv coz they wont show me the episodes i want

now what's a good way to watch the show nowadays? im not gonna watch it on tv coz they wont show me the episodes i want
I watch it on plex or other websites that allow you to watch it online. Obviously not the most legal route but I can't think of another way to go unless you want to try out that cartoon network app? I think it might have it.

i was thinking of maybe downloading the cn app but it depends on if its paid or not. otherwise ill try other alternatives

Sorry for the haitus, I'll get back to more Adventure Time soon!
Also, I took inspiration from Magolor and I'll be changing my pfp to different Adventure Time characters each day starting on the 14th, going for a month.
Your job will be to guess each character (or characters) that make an appearance. At the end of the day I will reveal who it (or they) is, then do my daily review, and provide some additional info on the character.

Back