KO a Character: MLP Friendship is Magic Episodes (Seasons 6 and 7)

Gauntlet of Fire
Campfire Tales
A Health of Information
Once Upon a Zeppelin

This is so tearjerking of a choice to make because I still LOVE Gauntlet of Fire, but sometimes the plot structure is a bit linear as the structure of the other two still feels even more powerful yet.

Wow, we're down between the first choice being the most underrated episode of Season 7 and the second being, in my opinion, the best episode of these 52 episodes. Please keep A Health of Information because it's the perfect Fluttershy episode with high stakes with Fluttershy risking her life, and even dealing with disease to help her friends, a great new moral and not a smidgen of repeating a character arc for Fluttershy, with its themes of persisting even through fear and disease being relevant especially to the pandemic today.
Gauntlet of Fire
Campfire Tales
A Health of Information

Last edited:
Campfire Tales
A Health of Information

YYYYEEEESSSS

A Health of Information was kind to itself with its first place medal, as it was to others like me watching it!

Last edited:
i missed this entire thing but one of the best episodes on the list won so i wasn't needed anyway

i missed this entire thing but one of the best episodes on the list won so i wasn't needed anyway
Come to think of it this is still an interesting post as the episode Fluttershy's expression in your profile came from, Dungeons and Discords, made it into the top five (I eliminated it only because I didn't think it was as good/good-paced as the other four still in at that point)

Last edited:
oh i like dungeons and discords but it probably falls just outside of my top 10 for s6 lol i just like this expression

oh i like dungeons and discords but it probably falls just outside of my top 10 for s6 lol i just like this expression
I know it's just funny that that episode made it to the Top 5. But yeah Season 6 is a mixed bag with episodes I liked like Saddle Row Review and Every Little Thing She Does as well as episodes I didn't like, like Newbie Dash and 28 Pranks Later (fitting because they're the bottom two for this thread lol)

results would have been a bit different if i had played to be fair, though a health of information still probably wins because it's probably my favorite episode of either season

i mildly dislike every thing she does 🥴 though saddle row review was one of my favorites. overall i thought s6 was ok. not amazing but i didnt hate it

results would have been a bit different if i had played to be fair, though a health of information still probably wins because it's probably my favorite episode of either season

i mildly dislike every thing she does 🥴 though saddle row review was one of my favorites. overall i thought s6 was ok. not amazing but i didnt hate it
In what way would you have notably switched/changed the rankings (since we both agree A Health of Information is the best)? Also out of curiosity what's your main reason/reasons for not caring for Every Little Thing She Does since that episode's reception was pretty split in general

In what way would you have notably switched/changed the rankings (since we both agree A Health of Information is the best)? Also out of curiosity what's your main reason/reasons for disliking every Little Thing She Does since that episode's reception was pretty split in general

i didnt play close attention to the full boot order but i can tell you it would have definitely had a different runner up lmao, i wasn't interested in campfire tales and would have eliminated it fairly early. no second prances wouldn't have made it as far as it did either

it was starlight. i always had issues with the way she was handled and this episode wasn't an exception. there were some funny moments but i'm mixed on the ep at best

i didnt play close attention to the full boot order but i can tell you it would have definitely had a different runner up lmao, i wasn't interested in campfire tales and would have eliminated it fairly early. no second prances wouldn't have made it as far as it did either

it was starlight. i always had issues with the way she was handled and this episode wasn't an exception. there were some funny moments but i'm mixed on the ep at best
Yeah for my ideal second place it would probably have been swapped out to The Saddle Row Review, while that episode still occasionally has minor flaws it still takes a premise that looks like it's going to be boring and makes it actually fun and enjoyable. As for No Second Prances (especially since it has the same writer as TSRR) it's still another interesting case where it still only made it to 23rd place out of 52, which while still decent isn't the highest ever, and that's the episode that sticks out to you as much too positively ranked. As I had a similar feeling towards Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep in the Seasons 4/5 elimination thread, while 32nd place out of 52 isn't the highest rating ever if I were to rank all 52 episodes in that other list it would still get a much less positive ranking than 32nd place when rewatching it because of how terrible the Mane Six are about replying to Luna's problem in general. Sort of like What About Discord getting 31st place except at least fans seem to agree that that's not a great or at least flawed episode in general more than Magic Sheep.

the saddle row review i like a lot. it would probably be top five of the list for me

i know no second prances didn't place super high but it would probably be in my bottom five of it's season so top half doesn't feel quite right

will agree on do princess dream, that's honestly one of my least favorite episodes...like, at all. not a fan of the way that one was handled. what about discord isn't great either

Back