Metroid: Other M

Rad Dudesman

King Bowser
The new Metroid game revealed at E3.

Looks cool, and I'm glad Ridley is in it, for obvious reasons.

Discuss.

EDIT: Pic of the mysterious black dude.

xgirtd.png

Mysterious black dude FTW.

yeah, black like him are cool, I wonder what's his relationship with samus? he have one with her judging from his quote "remember me?" an that smile may indicate that's he's not a bad guy

I'm not particularly excited. Honestly, when I first heard of it I thought they'd finally done something with the good old Metroid Dread. This was kind of a letdown for me.

This is going to be awesome, I dont know why you guys arent excited for it.

I have hope that this metroid game will be badass, because is made in par with team ninja, just see the dead or alive series and ninja gaiden and imagine what can you expect

Im honestly pretty excited for it! :D However, I'd still like to know what happened AFTER fusion. :posh:

In other news= HOUSTON ARMSTRONG FTW

Bump.

Metroid Database said:
Yoshio Sakamoto was recently interviewed by Famitsu about the progress of Other M. He states that development is running smoothly and that while there had been a few problems due to the size of the project, they have all been solved. Additionally, Sakamoto stresses that the gameplay will closely follow the style of the originals: "This Metroid is being developed with the aim of the ideal form of the old Metroid." This is certainly great news to hear! Additionally, he stresses the uniqueness of the Wii console's abilities to fully realize Other M. As for the depiction of Samus:

However different from the rest of the series, this time we're strongly depicting the human side of Samus through such things as movies. She's a strong woman, but she also has a fragile side. We want to make a game whose charms can be felt from the story areas and these human touches as well. It's an action game, but it's capable of having a clear emotional side.

Metroid Database said:
UPDATE: The Japanese Metroid homepage says the game is expected to see a release in Summer 2010, so it is OFFICIAL - the game WILL come out this year. Note that Metroid Prime 3 (along with several other hot Nintendo titles like Super Mario Sunshine and F-Zero GX) was released in late August, so it's possible Other M will see a similar US release. However, there's still no official indication of when there would be a release for Europe, North America or Australia. Hopefully it will be a Fall 2010 release at the very latest!

Fingers crossed.

Rath said:
The new Metroid game revealed at E3.

Looks cool, and I'm glad Ridley is in it, for obvious reasons.

Discuss.

xgirtd.png

There've been black guys in the Metroid series before.

Nerdy Guy said:
Kinniku Man said:
Rath said:

xgirtd.png

Yeah, but this guy is mysterious. ;)
"Remember me?"

It must mean we/Samus have seen him before... hm...

Kinniku Man said:
Nerdy Guy said:
Kinniku Man said:
Rath said:

xgirtd.png

"Remember me?"

He could just be part of an unknown backstory we haven't seen before. This game could be revealing some of Samus' history we don't know yet.

Nerdy Guy said:
Kinniku Man said:
Nerdy Guy said:
Kinniku Man said:
Rath said:

xgirtd.png

"Remember me?"

He could just be part of an unknown backstory we haven't seen before. This game could be revealing some of Samus' history we don't know yet.
That's why I said we/SAMUS. ;)

Smashgoom202 said:
I'm looking forward to it, especially because it's not a first-person shooter!
It is. It's just that some aspects (boss battles and such) include non-FPS gameplay, I believe.

Asbel said:
Smashgoom202 said:
It is. It's just that some aspects (boss battles and such) include non-FPS gameplay, I believe.
No, it's not, it's third person. Sure, I've seen that you can switch to first person, but for the most part, it's third person.

Smashgoom202 said:
Asbel said:
Smashgoom202 said:
No, it's not, it's third person. Sure, I've seen that you can switch to first person, but for the most part, it's third person.
You were right. I'm now even more excited about the game. 8)

Sorry for double post, but check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f420mFfMz7M&NR=1

It's a great analysis of the trailer. I had completely forgotten about the "Other Metroid" mention in the original Metroid.

You know what I like? How they're including characters mentioned or referred to in other Metroid games in Other M, especially since there are hardly any recurring characters in the Metroid series aside from Samus herself, Ridley, and Mother Brain.

Yeah, I like the fact they did that too.

xgirtd.png

Remember me?

^ What the heck the far side of his mask (the left half from his perspective) is in front of his forehead. Fail.

It's a pretty generic name if you ask me. Probabilly would seem cool if I lived in Japan though. :P

Back