Chat Administrator
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
'Shroom Consultant
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Turboo

It's finally that time of the year, and to celebrate it, we're doing our first second third fourth fifth sixth seventh eighth ever Secret Santa! This is an event where you can sign up to give and receive presents from other forum members.

Please carefully read the rules before signing up, as failure to follow them may get you banned from participating in potential future Secret Santas!

no bans, no shame, i have no intention of getting angry about santa this year

• Signups start from the moment this thread is opened and close on December 17th, 2020, 11:59 PM MST (UTC-7). Once signed up, please remember that while you will get a gift, you are also expected to give one! Neglecting to do this without giving a good reason is highly frowned upon and will likely get you barred from entering any future Secret Santas. Please make sure you will have enough time to make/get a gift before signing up.
  • After signups have closed, you will be PMed the name of a person who has also signed up. They will be the one to receive your gift. You can post your interests in the thread to help other people think of a gift for you. Good ideas for gifts include self-made artwork, self-made music, a short self-made game, a Steam game, and similar things.
    Note: if you plan to spend money on the event, in order to make sure everyone gets fair gifts, a recommended price range is $5-$10. Sending Steam games only to people you know have Steam accounts may be a good idea, as it ensures people can use the gift they receive. Of course, you may always go over the price range as you see fit - use your own discretion to spread holiday cheer!
  • The deadline for sending in your gift is January 23rd, 2021, at 11:59 PM MST (UTC-7). If your gift is not a Steam game, please send your gift to me by PMing a link to me. Steam games must be sent directly, and I will offer more leeway on doing so due to the Christmas sale; if you do this, please just give me a heads up that you've sent off your gift. I will distribute the forum gifts within the 25th - 16th if you send them to me.

Signups:
  • TFP (Hilda Valentine Goneril)
  • BBQ Turtle
  • fantanoice (santanoice)
  • Superchao (Annie Eilenberg)
  • Luigi64DD (Momohime)
  • FTG64 (Jolly Old Saint Fawful)
  • Edo (Big Smoke)
  • Zange (Kanna Kizuchi)

Last edited:
Can I sign up please?
I don't have steam or anything like that so I'd prefer some artwork or something along those lines, and my main interests are Mario (duh, but specifically the main female characters) and classic Disney stuff.

I like Simpsons, Nintendo (pokemon, Animal Crossing, Zelda), Ace attorney, twewy, programming, digital art.

I'm fine with art. Steam games are cool if you want to spend money. Gift cards are nice too but they need to work in my region (Australia). Ok byeee.

H

i am a turboweeb so if you give me symphogear or love live or touhou you will make me happy

however you can also buy a steam game for my backlog as the Easy Modo method

Aye (finally signing up for this again for the first time since 2017. not disappearing off the face of the earth every winter works wonders in not missing it)

Gaming interests are Mario, Zelda, Splatoon (especially Squid Sisters), Smash, etc. Haven't watched much anime yet but in the time I have I've become a fan of Mob Psycho and to a lesser extent Demon Slayer, so there's that. Other interests include tea and Peanuts, actually (not sure how relevant these would be to this sort of thing but it can't hurt).

Realistically most gifts are gonna be artwork so something with my OC would be fine, though at this point I might be more interested in Squid Sisters artwork or my goose portrayal then the Luigi dude (he's still fine though, just don't be afraid to get creative).

I also do have a Steam account so that's an option though I don't have any specific desires on that front.

reminder that you have under 24 hours left to sign up if you want to do that and also i'll be updating the list later with all the people who have signed up

Surprise Sign-up

If I happen to get assigned to you, I would greatly prefer some kind of artistic creation. Doesn't matter if it's visual, audible, or some kind of abstract expression, as long as it is creative in some form. Level of ability doesn't matter either, as long as you make it yourself and do the best you can.

As for the subject, I like dragons, Mario RPGs (specifically the first two Paper Marios and Superstar Saga), Koopa Troopas, Goombas, Bowser, if it's some kind of reptile from the Mario series, there's probably an 85% chance I like it. Apart from that I like Majora's Mask and Breath of the Wild (particularly Rito). Banjo-Kazooie (particularly Kazooie), Stardew Valley, and a whole bunch of other stuff I can't really think of right now. My favorite Pokémon are Grovyle, Bulbasaur, Charmander, Audino, and Nidorina. My favorite Digimon is Gabumon. My favorite TV Show is Avatar: The Last Airbender and my favorite character from it is Uncle Iroh. I also like kobolds from D&D (the reptilian kind, not the bearded little man kind from folklore).

I hope that is a broad enough selection of possible things.

JUST IN TIME

anyways if you get me and you're willing to do a little ✨exploring✨ of things you're not familiar with, I love hello!project groups and dreamcatcher! otherwise, I really really like fruits basket, durarara!!, the simon snow series, pokemon (mainly the cute ones for the aesthetic but i have a spot in my heart for most of them), and anything theatre related. i also have steam if you're wanting to go that route.

i forgot to close signups anyway so if people want to jump in while i'm busy faffing around for like another day you can do that. I'll extend the deadline as needed.

gonna close signups and send the list out to everybody later tonight

Ok all santa PMs have been sent out, deadline bumped up to January 16th, 2021, at 11:59 PM MST (UTC-7). plz scream at me if you didn't get anything

Thank you @BBQ Turtle for this wonderful drawing! You incorporated all the artwork elements I suggested in my sign-up post very nicely. I'm especially pleasantly surprised that you had me using the Splash-o-matic, which happens to be one of my main weapons in Splatoon. I quite like how you drew the Squid Sisters and the goose, and you even used my oc in a creative way like I had suggested! I can tell you really went all out on this one, so again, thank you very much!

Luigi_64DD_Secret_Santa.png

theres about a week left and i know things have stalled in some avenues due to the holidays and people getting busy again (myself included), so if you do need an extension or need more direct help with gifts (e.g. more than just asking the person on your behalf) just let me know

gonna commit upping the deadline to January 23rd, 2021, 11:59 PM MST (UTC-7) plz remember I'm available to talk whenever needed

happy januarymas

Apologies to whose Secret Santa I am. I wanted to finish my gift within the year, but a series of unfortunate events lead to me only now being able to finalize and complete it.

I still wish you a bountiful new year, belatedly.

Back