Since when was "Eight Crazy Nights" a kid's film?!?

FirePuppy

Koopa Troopa
1605444497863.png

Why hasn't YouTube fixed this yet? Not only that, this video came straight from the YouTube Movies channel.

ah. youtube and their wtf kids system

now if you'll excuse me i'll go tell my baby cousin to watch cancerous mickey videos

Why bother? Kids nowadays play mature games and watch whatever they want and their parents don't give a fuck. They're now used to watch things like that

it's youtube being youtube, they see animation as a medium meant for kids not for adults.
can't wait for sausage party to be on youtube kids because it's animated

I'm 15, I've watched Sausage Party.
Wack.

Anyways for reals I feel complaining about YouTube rating this (apparently terrible, according to the reviews) movie for kids despite being PG-13 would be like complaining that companies market the Marvel movies to children despite them all being PG-13.

The rating of a film has nothing to do with who the actual target audience is/whether or not it's appropriate for a certain age. I remember the controversy over the film Bully, a documentary about, well, bullying in schools. Film got slapped with an R rating by the MPAA for 'language' meaning that anyone under 17 (the damn intended audience for the film) would be unable to watch it without having their parent with them. The studio appealed the rating, but it lost the appeal by one vote, forcing them to release the film unrated (which itself limited its distribution to arthouse theatres, altho some chains did screen the film with at least one treating it as R-rated but just requiring a permission slip to see it). And in the end, the film did get edited down to PG-13 because they had no other choice because lol the MPAA.

Meanwhile up in Canada, the film was just rated PG in every province, sans Québec, where it was rated G.

Parents really don't care about the materials their kids are exposed to nowadays, so that's why that is marked as kids. My friends taught me all the swear words I know, and they also told me about things I shouldn't have heard about at that age.

how long til this gets sent into topic storage

Parents really don't care about the materials their kids are exposed to nowadays, so that's why that is marked as kids. My friends taught me all the swear words I know, and they also told me about things I shouldn't have heard about at that age.

how long til this gets sent into topic storage
I don't think that's the reason, Blitz. I think it's because of YouTube's shitty automated artificial intelligence.

That's true. But, as my brother stated, my 11 year old classmates already played T-M games. They watched whatever they wanted on YouTube, and already sweared a lot.

my childhood was: if the cover looks child friendly, then it's good. well boy that led to things.

i remember clicking on racist mario when i was 9 and that was not a good thing....

however i was afraid of things like m rated games and horror movies just because the poster/box art didnt look cartoony enough for my tastes. thats kinda what youtube is doing

Well, you know, YouTube is like
It's animated, it's made for kids.
That's why YouTube is such a crap of platform right now.

...Says the guy who watches YouTube every day

Coppa, the destroyer of YouTube

Back