Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games

Sir Grodus

King Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
Just heard about this game.... its, interesting to say the least. Anybody have information on it, like if it has a story or something? Never thought they'd actually do it... and in a sports game...

A. where'd you heere this? Uncyclopedia??? Fan Games galaxy???

B. uh... even the title is sorta stupid. because:

Sonic would ALWAYS win the running competitions,
and Mario would pwn at the Jumping contests. DUH!!!

Well, don't get me wrong... it just seems so... hoaxy. after all, Nintendo "copyrighted" Sonic and Tails in Melee!!! Then again... they made tons during that hoax... seriosly, OLYMPICS?!?!?! WTH!!!

Its real, we got an article on it and everything, so far it has Sonic, Mario, Tails, Luigi, Yoshi and Knuckles. No release date or who the developers are is known yet.

Sir Grodus said:
Its real, we got an article on it and everything, so far it has Sonic, Mario, Tails, Luigi, Yoshi and Knuckles. No release date or who the developers are is known yet.

A.GA is/will be making the sonic characters, Nintendo is/will be making the Mario Characters.

B. seriously. read my above post.

C. 2007-2008.

But I'm lazy and don't pay that much attention.... Soooo, what other characters do you guys think should be in the game? Shadow? Donkey Kong? Dr. Eggman? Rouge?

Talk about a weird idea. Still, Nintendo loves to appeal to a wide audience, and this game promises to gear towards that, as said from this IGN quote:
"The idea behind it is really to be an easy pick-up-and-play sports game where gamers of all ages can find it accessible. We see it as being very family-inclusive so my 11-year-old can play with a 75-year-old grandma and just have a blast with it."
...11? Maybe. 75...might not be interested ;)

I'm totally speechless, so I'll let Toad do the talking.

Toad: :toad:

I couldn't have put it any better myself.

Worst idea for a Mario game ever, IMO. But, as we all know, ideas and finished products can be vastly different. Seriously, no one would have sold me on the idea of video games in the first place if I hadn't played them. :D

Hmmmmm.... I never automatically dissmiss a game, and a sonic/mario crossover..... I would rather it be an adventure game, but stil....

All I'm saying is that I'm not sold right now. They've been billing it as so... what did they call it? Groundbreaking?

They better prove that to me! 8) Seriously, they've stated that it's gonna be like Wii Sports w/ Mario and Sonic characters. Oh, boy. I'm sure it will be more, but still. Think NEW, not just let's-put-some-big-names-in-a-game-and-ship-it-off new. Mario Party... cough.

Not to kick a dead horse, but did anyone else notice that it's being handled by Sega? That's really getting me worried based on Sonic and the SR.

I'm sure Sega will do fine and not make this game the biggest blunder in Mario/Sonic history.... cuz' if they do *shakes fist angrily at the sky*

I can see this excites you. I don't know if I'll ever get it; Sonic games have gotten a little weird... (I still play the old Genesis and Game Gear ones, though...) I also shamefully except that this game will probably not include Buzzbomber, the best Sonic character ever. Also, anyone notice how eerily close this game was to being announced April Fool's Day? :shifty:

ultimatetoad said:
Hmmmmm.... I never automatically dissmiss a game, and a sonic/mario crossover..... I would rather it be an adventure game, but stil....

Adventure??? 2 words. Smash Brothers.

Not a fan of recent Sonic games, this still excites me to no end.

I grew up in the 90s, during the famous war between Mario and Sonic, and this is what I waited my entire childhood to see.

I can't wait.

Read that interview everyone. It kills our dreams of Sonic in SSMB. DANG IT, SEGA!

Back