An actual Paper Mario 3

Re: An auctual Paper Mario 3

Well, technically, this would be the fourth Paper Mario.

All I want is NINE key things to collect for a change. :P

I would personally like to see actual spelled right.

I was thinking of an idea like this, and here's the plot:

The game starts right off in Bowser's castle. After fighting Bowser (he only has 6 HP and 1 ATK), some alien invaders, using 7 shiny crystals, take Peach and shoot Mario into a small, landlocked town in the Mushroom Kingdom. However, they drop 2 of the crystals, which Bowser takes and (offscreen) gives to Bowser Jr. and Kammy. Wario and Waluigi find out about the crystals, and try to take them, more motivated by money than by power. After each chapter, you play as Peach, then Bowser. As it turns out, the alien leader needs the soul of a pure-hearted maiden, along with the crystals, to power an unstoppable weapon (which is only somewhat powerful without one of the two ingredients).

Partners:

*A Toad scholar who can tattle enemies and use a jump attack.
*A 10 year-old Koopa Troopa who joins Mario because she loses a present for her parents, which is stolen by the first chapter boss
*A militaristic Boomerang Bro. who joins Mario after deciding that working for Bowser just isn't worth it
*A wizard Shy Guy (actually female) who was prophesized to assist a legendary hero looking for the crystals.
*A former famous Birdo singer who wants to make a comeback by being a hero to get her fame back
*A bomb-using Goomba with an eyepatch who has to be hired by paying him 50 coins.

Am I the only one who likes seeing Mario fight other villains besides Bowser? Many of the RPG-exclusive villains have proven themselves to be far more sinister and evil than Bowser, and have come up with far better plans than he ever has (aside from his plan in the first Paper Mario). He even scolded Cackletta for coming up with "such a cool evil plot" in Superstar Saga.

SolarBlaze said:
Am I the only one who likes seeing Mario fight other villains besides Bowser? Many of the RPG-exclusive villains have proven themselves to be far more sinister and evil than Bowser, and have come up with far better plans than he ever has (aside from his plan in the first Paper Mario). He even scolded Cackletta for coming up with "such a cool evil plot" in Superstar Saga.
Yes, but it's time to give Bowser the spotlight again. Yes, he was humorous in the other RPGs, but someone else can do the comic relief. It's time to give Bowser the role he deserves.

Dan Green said:
SolarBlaze said:
Yes, but it's time to give Bowser the spotlight again. Yes, he was humorous in the other RPGs, but someone else can do the comic relief. It's time to give Bowser the role he deserves.
Or maybe they could do the same thing they did in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, where Bowser was still an enemy to Mario, even though someone else is the main villain. But personally, I actually like Bowser better as an anti-hero, but maybe that's just me.

SolarBlaze said:
Dan Green said:
SolarBlaze said:
Or maybe they could do the same thing they did in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, where Bowser was still an enemy to Mario, even though someone else is the main villain. But personally, I actually like Bowser better as an anti-hero, but maybe that's just me.
Bowser's role in TTYD? He was a fucking clown.

Personally, I'm tired of Bowser being portrayed as an idiot while some random freak takes his rightful spot.

They could probably mix it up a bit. Make him the main villain, but give him his comic relief personality. Everyone is happy.

And I just noticed. Bowser being portrayed an idiot is just like how we portray Porplemontage in comics.

Shyguy27 said:
Personally, I'm tired of Bowser being portrayed as an idiot while some random freak takes his rightful spot.
So, you'd rather have the same old "Bowser kidnaps the princess" plot over and over again, which has been happening since 1985? There hasn't been a single mainstream Mario game where Bowser hasn't kidnapped the princess in some way. And besides, Bowser's always the main villain in the platform titles nowdays.

SolarBlaze said:
Shyguy27 said:
So, you'd rather have the same old "Bowser kidnaps the princess" plot over and over again, which has been happening since 1985? There hasn't been a single mainstream Mario game where Bowser hasn't kidnapped the princess in some way. And besides, Bowser's always the main villain in the platform titles nowdays.
Because it's so much better when some random villain comes out of nowhere and captures the princess.

$‡¥₲Ú¥27 said:
SolarBlaze said:
Shyguy27 said:
Because it's so much better when some random villain comes out of nowhere and captures the princess.
At least it's actually a change.

$†øøߥ said:
$‡¥₲Ú¥27 said:
SolarBlaze said:
Shyguy27 said:
I disagree. If someone is going to be utilizing Bowser's plans, it might as well be Bowser.

Looniju said:
Super Mario Bros. 2 US doesn't count because it sucked and wasn't suppose to be a Mario game.
Your opinion has nothing to do with it. Super Mario Bros. 2 doesn't count, because Bowser wasn't in that game.

$‡¥₲Ú¥27 said:
$†øøߥ said:
$‡¥₲Ú¥27 said:
SolarBlaze said:
Shyguy27 said:
I disagree. If someone is going to be utilizing Bowser's plans, it might as well be Bowser.
Bowser steals Peach because he thinks she's hot.
Grodus steals Peach to resurrect a 1,000 year old demon.
Cackletta steals Peach's voice (for a reason I can't exactly remember).

Not the same.

It was because of the Bean Star. It would only grant the wishes of someone who's pure of heart, and Cackletta tried to steal Peach's voice so she could upload it into the Peach robots that she created, and wish for world domination.

Brie Loader said:
our opinion has nothing to do with it. Super Mario Bros. 2 doesn't count, because Bowser wasn't in that game.
It's not because of my opinion
You sure made it sound that way, though.

Super Mario Bros. 2 US doesn't count because it sucked and wasn't suppose to be a Mario game.

Brie Loader said:
SolarBlaze said:
Brie Loader said:
our opinion has nothing to do with it. Super Mario Bros. 2 doesn't count, because Bowser wasn't in that game.
It's not because of my opinion
You sure made it sound that way, though.

fixd
That's still your opinion on the matter.

Back