how do you mostly use/prefer using the switch?

do you mostly use/prefer handheld or doc?

• mostly use handheld and like it more

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • like docking more than handheld, and use it more

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • always use doc, but prefer the handheld mode

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • the opposite of the previous choice

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • 50/50 all

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • I always use table top mode, but prefer the one or both of the other options

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • have always played docked, but prefer table top

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • use handheld, prefer table top

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
generally ive ended up using a combination of all three, depending on what game im playing and what the situation requires, although it's also evolved as the years have gone on and ive aquired more controllers (as well as having some break...). early on i used to play a lot in tabletop mode using joycons + my old 3ds stand, and i enjoy doing that while sitting at my pc with a long youtube video on in the background. i'd also sometimes play games docked just to mix things up, with either joycons or pro controller. but after my joycons got a little too worn down (left stick drift + broken light and buttons on the right joycon) i sorta stopped playing as much until i got a new set, and then i played a whole bunch in handheld mode which i dont think i had done as much before. nowadays ive found myself settling into a pretty solid pattern of using joycons for handheld, pro con for docked, and then either pro con or SNES con for tabletop, depending on what i'm playing

if you'd asked me a couple of months ago i probably wouldve said that i was mostly playing in handheld, but recently ive been mostly playing tabletop again, with the occasional docked mode for ring fit and BotW. not sure yet how im gonna play SM3DA-S, probably a mix of all three until i figure out which i like best for each individual game

Handheld. Most tv's add a noticeable and annoying delay in displaying the frames meaning all timing is off, thus I only really use it docked rarely for a game of Mario Kart. I'll sprinkle in some tabletop when Zelda throws an apparatus at me.

I do play docked when I need to record a thing, but in those cases I use a monitor which is slightly crappy but doesn't have a delay.

New big monitor is on the agenda in the future, maybe docked will be used more from then.

the only time i've ever had it docked is for local multiplayer or occasionally a game like origami king that looks or sounds neat enough to be worth the higher resolution

generally i will almost always use it in handheld mode just because I'm a lazy fucker who would rather just play it in bed or somewhere besides my TV

Back