The official "Ask more about our OCs" topic

Miichele would be animated since she's an anthropomorphic cat, but I can see her being voiced by Erica Mendez with her Ryuko voice

My OCs are cgi characters so if say they theoretically got humanized......

Idk man I do have Sim versions of them but idk any irl actor in their likeness aside from Ultra Violet who is just Nick from L4d2 / Taymour Ghazi

What would your OCs usernames be if they joined the boards? Bonus points, it can't simply be their real names

woah this is an oldie but a goldie

Chroma Key - SilverProtector42069

Green Flash - KawaiiGreenGirl

Ah, well if it's OCs we're talking about, I've got plenty to go around (or rather, fan characters to be specific)! I'll show a few of my most popular ones here, but if anyone on the forums is familiar with the rest of em, feel free to ask me about those characters too! Anyways, we've got:

AA1DFF5F-C707-4FE9-B7FC-2F700156C216.png
Airashi Furuya, a young woman who's known Mario since childhood and has feelings for him (pretty much the poster girl of my artwork). She's more than a pretty face though; Airashi wants to be able to go on adventures with Mario, and has been learning how to fight so that she won't be considered a liability when accompanying him.

A1683D57-E603-4FD5-B8D9-7AD4285084A7.png
Dario, Mario's dark counterpart. I've actually based his origin on Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels, which apparently takes place on an alternate timeline (and thus features a different Mario, technically speaking).

1BF1B1C4-26C8-44C6-A018-4A0D5E326175.png
Goombatt, a teenage Goomba gifted with psychic powers. He's not too thrilled about his kind being seen as the weakest of the weak, so he's made it his mission to become the strongest person in the world.

EF8D52B9-A410-404F-BDAE-ACFD4752FC8D.png
Snap N. Koopa, a fellow classmate of Goombatt who aspires to be a photo journalist. His early life was spent in Rogueport, when he had a much rougher personality; but ever since moving to Koopa Village, he's toned it down and is a very chill dude now (literally chill too, due to his ability to manipulate ice).

Ah, well if it's OCs we're talking about, I've got plenty to go around (or rather, fan characters to be specific)! I'll show a few of my most popular ones here, but if anyone on the forums is familiar with the rest of em, feel free to ask me about those characters too! Anyways, we've got:

View attachment 22458
Airashi Furuya, a young woman who's known Mario since childhood and has feelings for him (pretty much the poster girl of my artwork). She's more than a pretty face though; Airashi wants to be able to go on adventures with Mario, and has been learning how to fight so that she won't be considered a liability when accompanying him.

View attachment 22459
Dario, Mario's dark counterpart. I've actually based his origin on Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels, which apparently takes place on an alternate timeline (and thus features a different Mario, technically speaking).

View attachment 22460
Goombatt, a teenage Goomba gifted with psychic powers. He's not too thrilled about his kind being seen as the weakest of the weak, so he's made it his mission to become the strongest person in the world.

View attachment 22461
Snap N. Koopa, a fellow classmate of Goombatt who aspires to be a photo journalist. His early life was spent in Rogueport, when he had a much rougher personality; but ever since moving to Koopa Village, he's toned it down and is a very chill dude now (literally chill too, due to his ability to manipulate ice).

Dude, nice! I always loved your OC/FCs! Nice to see you showing them off more around here!

Well thanks dude! So do you have any questions about the ones shown here? Or for one of the others? In case anyone else is curious, here's more of my Mario based OCs:

9A1FA159-BEFA-47BB-BEA2-4866AF544E47.png
Marco & Luana, the Mario Bros.'parents (or at least my take on them)

C66F3378-7983-40BD-B0A9-1E75954D307B.png
Rei Mizushima, a shrine maiden whose family is known to hunt evil ghosts. Best friends with Airashi; she also has a crush on Luigi, but happens to be a tsundere about it (no worries, she doesn't attempt to hurt Luigi; if anyone else does though...)

CFE9B332-7870-458B-885C-A1883A128926.png
Kasumi Sakamoto, a half-Yoshi girl and another one of Airashi's friends. Both of her parents are human, but her father, a scientist, injected himself with Yoshi DNA, hoping to gain the ability to shift between human and Yoshi form to become a comic-book superhero. It had no effect on him, but he forgets to remove the foreign DNA from his system, passing it on to Kasumi when she was born.

C5AF8015-A00B-4F04-A10C-EC8CDB14C0AB.png
Merlux, a descendant of the Tribe of Ancients who is working under Merlon in Toad Town as his apprentice. Very knowledgeable, wields powerful Star magic that he only uses in self-defense of himself or others; but incredibly perverted (tries to at least be suave about it).

BF2D6940-00DA-4F6C-B012-AFFA9F917A75.jpeg
Jim, a Shy Guy who attends the anime club at Toadstool High, where Goombatt goes to school. Considering that they both are in the club, Jim sees him as a friend, but Goombatt just finds him annoying (due to Jim's tendency to simp for human girls; which makes Goombatt a hypocrite, as human girls are literally his Achilles heel).

1473E0DA-771C-4ABD-BC64-B60098B49527.png
Kiyu T., the president of the anime club mentioned earlier. Though she blackmailed Goombatt into joining and loves teasing him (he's an anime fan, but he prefers to keep that to himself; she threatened to tell everyone he was into it), she's actually a very sweet girl. She's emotionally fragile though, ever since her biological mother passed away due to an illness, so she cries easily if someone is mean to her.

FD02A2FD-D43E-48F3-A25C-F8AC5A6EE40F.png
Brandon, the student body president of Toadstool High. A perfect student, who aces every test. But also a huge stick in the mud whose pretty much dedicated himself to academics and nothing else (wishes to become a high ranking official in the Mushroom Kingdom). The other Toadstool High students don't think very well of him (especially Goombatt, who Brandon labels as a delinquent).

A87A6C23-052E-4C80-BB3D-163724ACF971.png
Giana, a girl who was cursed and turned into a giant after her father had unknowingly insulted a witch. She has a crush on Goombatt, the two having met via online. Despite being the kind of girl Goombatt's into, her abnormal size frightens him, so ironically, he stopped feeling the same and tries to avoid Giana.

738AF511-1911-489A-A566-7310B035A7EA.png
Professor Pinto, a Beanish scientist related to Fawful. He does not share his evil tendencies, but both the Beanbean Kingdom and Mushroom Kingdom are very untrusting of him due to his similar appearance. To amend for the trouble caused by his cousin, his inventions are focused on helping people.

D279E7D9-FC17-4D72-BDB5-0CED91E22FAE.png
Fridgette, Kiyu T.'s friend and another member of the anime club. She's typically polite but first impressions are critical with her. If she doesn't like you initially, it can be tough to get on her good side (Goombatt, who is known to have a rude, aggressive personality, can confirm this).

A0D58ECA-2CB0-471A-95DB-F7C3BE23FF39.png
Gilligan, a college graduate with a major in land biology. As a Cheep-Cheep, he's spent most of his life in Sparkling Waters, so he's very curious about what life on land is like. Likes to give out surveys.

577360F6-05B8-45FD-8F9E-2CA219A5C3C3.png
Terri Fye, a Boo girl who decided to "haunt" Toadstool High, so she's not actually enrolled there. However, barely anyone ever shows up there at night, and most people don't even find her scary, but cute instead (much to her annoyance). Because she feels it's important to be seen as scary, she's opposed to making friends.

Well thanks dude! So do you have any questions about the ones shown here? Or for one of the others? In case anyone else is curious, here's more of my Mario based OCs:

View attachment 22463
Marco & Luana, the Mario Bros.'parents (or at least my take on them)

View attachment 22464
Rei Mizushima, a shrine maiden whose family is known to hunt evil ghosts. Best friends with Airashi; she also has a crush on Luigi, but happens to be a tsundere about it (no worries, she doesn't attempt to hurt Luigi; if anyone else does though...)

View attachment 22465
Kasumi Sakamoto, a half-Yoshi girl and another one of Airashi's friends. Both of her parents are human, but her father, a scientist, injected himself with Yoshi DNA, hoping to gain the ability to shift between human and Yoshi form to become a comic-book superhero. It had no effect on him, but he forgets to remove the foreign DNA from his system, passing it on to Kasumi when she was born.

View attachment 22466
Merlux, a descendant of the Tribe of Ancients who is working under Merlon in Toad Town as his apprentice. Very knowledgeable, wields powerful Star magic that he only uses in self-defense of himself or others; but incredibly perverted (tries to at least be suave about it).

View attachment 22469
Jim, a Shy Guy who attends the anime club at Toadstool High, where Goombatt goes to school. Considering that they both are in the club, Jim sees him as a friend, but Goombatt just finds him annoying (due to Jim's tendency to simp for human girls; which makes Goombatt a hypocrite, as human girls are literally his Achilles heel).

View attachment 22470
Kiyu T., the president of the anime club mentioned earlier. Though she blackmailed Goombatt into joining and loves teasing him (he's an anime fan, but he prefers to keep that to himself; she threatened to tell everyone he was into it), she's actually a very sweet girl. She's emotionally fragile though, ever since her biological mother passed away due to an illness, so she cries easily if someone is mean to her.

View attachment 22471
Brandon, the student body president of Toadstool High. A perfect student, who aces every test. But also a huge stick in the mud whose pretty much dedicated himself to academics and nothing else (wishes to become a high ranking official in the Mushroom Kingdom). The other Toadstool High students don't think very well of him (especially Goombatt, who Brandon labels as a delinquent).

View attachment 22472
Giana, a girl who was cursed and turned into a giant after her father had unknowingly insulted a witch. She has a crush on Goombatt, the two having met via online. Despite being the kind of girl Goombatt's into, her abnormal size frightens him, so ironically, he stopped feeling the same and tries to avoid Giana.

View attachment 22473
Professor Pinto, a Beanish scientist related to Fawful. He does not share his evil tendencies, but both the Beanbean Kingdom and Mushroom Kingdom are very untrusting of him due to his similar appearance. To amend for the trouble caused by his cousin, his inventions are focused on helping people.

View attachment 22474
Fridgette, Kiyu T.'s friend and another member of the anime club. She's typically polite but first impressions are critical with her. If she doesn't like you initially, it can be tough to get on her good side (Goombatt, who is known to have a rude, aggressive personality, can confirm this).

View attachment 22475
Gilligan, a college graduate with a major in land biology. As a Cheep-Cheep, he's spent most of his life in Sparkling Waters, so he's very curious about what life on land is like. Likes to give out surveys.

View attachment 22476
Terri Fye, a Boo girl who decided to "haunt" Toadstool High, so she's not actually enrolled there. However, barely anyone ever shows up there at night, and most people don't even find her scary, but cute instead (much to her annoyance). Because she feels it's important to be seen as scary, she's opposed to making friends.

I remember you saying you headcanon Hat Kid as Mario's kid? Well, I do too, but I name her Gianna, so you having an OC named Gianna kinda throws a spanner in that (I'll come up with a new name!)

So, my big 3 questions:

1. What inspired your OCs?
2. Any voice references? (Characters that sound similar)
3. What condiments are their favorites?

Yeah, she's Mario and Airashi's middle child (who in this case, her real name is Sarah). I appreciate you not wanting to have the name conflict with one of my characters, but it's not mandatory.

Since I'm assuming these questions apply to all of them, I will try answer all three questions for each character at a time.

Marco

1. Quite simply, I've always wondered what Mario & Luigi's parents look like, so they're "pseudo-fan characters" I guess (since they technically do exist, but the lack of any actual screen time in official media leaves their appearance up to interpretation). In my case, Marco's appearance and personality are mostly inspired by the earliest designs for Mario and his appearance in the DiC Entertainment cartoons.
2. So basically, just Captain Lou Albano's portrayal of Mario from the cartoons; that's Marco.
3. Surprise, surprise, marinara sauce.

Luana

1. Mostly the same reasons as for Marco, but with Luana, you'll notice she shares quite a lot in common with Luigi. Aside from wearing green clothes, she's very timid and soft spoken, and incredibly fearful for the well-being of her sons ever since the stuff that happens in the Yoshi sub-series. I feel that having her and Marco around makes the Mario Bros. more relatable; knowing that they have family that worries about the fact that they are indeed risking their lives many times to save Peach and the Mushroom Kingdom (or wherever their travels take them).
2. Probably Inko Midoriya, Izuku's mom in My Hero Academia. Mostly because that character is frequently worried about her son, who indeed has found himself in very dangerous scenarios ever since being a student at UA High; this reflects a lot of what Luana is like, since Mario and Luigi were put into danger shortly after being born.
3. Eh, same as her husband

Airashi Furuya

1. I've written a whole character bio for Ai here, but to keep it as brief as possible, she's inspired by female anime characters that are the leading lady of the story to the main male protagonist, or happen to be the protagonist themselves (specifically those with a cheerful, upbeat personality). Another reason as to her playing such a large role in Super Mario JBX (the story they're being used for) is based on how the Pokémon series frequently gives you the option of playing as the boy or the girl; Mario would be the male choice, Airashi would be the female choice.
2. That's a VERY tough call! I've imagined Airashi with many depictions for her voice, both in English and Japanese. Two of her biggest inspirations are Ochaco Uraraka and Chiyo Sakura (from an anime called Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun), so she could sound like either of them. The person who does the vocals for both the Japanese and English versions of the song "Hero", from Super Bomberman R works too, considering how that track is literally Airashi in musical form...!
3. She used to like dipping French fries in ketchup, but doesn't really do it anymore as an adult.

Dario

1. Ever since I was a kid, the idea of a "doppelgänger Mario" was one I wanted to implement for a long time. I would soon come to find out that's a very common idea for fans of, well, anything, and before then, Dario was written very poorly, to be honest. I didn't want to just can the character though, so I've revised him many times. At one point, it was just going to be Cosmic Mario from Super Mario Galaxy with a much bigger role, and after that Dario was made; but he was edgy in all the wrong ways. After more careful study of characters within his archetype, such as Meta Knight, Shadow the Hedgehog, Gladion, etc. I molded him into a more interesting and far more tolerable character.
2. Hmmmm, I guess a more darker, sometimes intense performance of Mario's official voice? And I suppose the Italian accent wouldn't be as heavy?
3. Before he wasn't much into condiments, but he's certainly got too much on his mind now to think about it.

Rei Mizushima

1. Before Airashi became popular, I had another character who more closely resembled a female take on Mario (named Maria) who was intended to play a major role in the story. So as expected, she came with a sister who I called Lucy. But when I decided to retcon Maria in favor of Airashi, that meant Lucy disappeared with her (uh, temporarily; I'll get to that). To fill the gap left by this, I created Rei, who in this case is not related to Ai, but rather her best friend. Making her a shrine maiden was to parallel how Luigi is often tasked with hunting ghosts himself, and having Rei be a tsundere was to play off of how Airashi is straight up in love with Mario (albeit bashful about it).
2. In Japanese, Rei would sound like this:
In English, hmmm...
3. None, she follows a strict diet (even though her build is perfectly fine; and she often struggles to not eat junk food).

Kasumi Sakamoto

1. Much like with Rei, Kasumi was made to work off of her and Airashi, who parallel Mario and Luigi. In Kasumi's case, she parallels Yoshi. Unlike Airashi and Rei though, Kasumi isn't officially paired with Yoshi, per se (she's kinda got the reverse problem Goombatt has, where she gets nervous around dudes she likes; though due to her Yoshi half, she does like him quite a bit). I also decided it'd be neat to have a "hybrid girl" character based on a species specifically from the Mario series.
2. No idea who she would sound similar to in English, though I'm leaning towards Christie Marie Cabanos (Amitie from Puyo Puyo, Squid Girl, just to name two). In Japanese, I'd say Kasumi would sound like Kohaku from Melty Blood (Type Lumina).
3. Anything, as long as it makes sense for said condiment to be on certain foods.

Giana

1. So as mentioned previously, one of Goombatt's glaring weaknesses is his attraction towards human girls. With Giana, I figured it would be funny to make the one girl who returns these feelings be one that is too much for Goombatt to want to handle, as a bit of irony. Of course, it hurts her feelings a little that he's now scared of her, but that's something we can expect to be a sort of sub-plot in the story.
2. Uhhhh, haven't though about it yet. Can definitely see Kira Buckland voicing her (Rulue and Ally from Puyo Puyo, Seraphina from Disgaea 5, etc.)
3. Because she has to eat so much now, she's become much less picky.

Non-human Mario OCs

1. Most of the non-human Mario OCs I have are based on the partner characters from the first two Paper Mario games. Goombatt takes cues from Goombario (and is related to Goombella), Snap was inspired by Kooper and Koopa, etc. However, it should be noted that out of most of the ones here, Goombatt, Snap, and Merlux are the only non-humans that can put up a solid fight. Gilligan and Terri Fye can defend themselves somewhat to where if they were support Mario in battle, they'd be useful. Kiyu T., Jim, Fridgette, and Professor Pinto can't fight though, so they play smaller roles (Brandon is only a slight threat for the sake of slapstick; he has a bad habit of suddenly lashing out if other students disrespect/disobey him). They're like more important NPCs, basically.
2. Professor Pinto - Emperor Pilaf (Dragon Ball), Merlux - a slightly "teenage-sounding" James (Pokémon the Series), Gilligan - Nigel Thornberry, Brandon - Dexter (as in Dexter's Lab), Kiyu T. - Lisa Ortiz (Amy Rose during the 2000's various Pokémon girls in the anime), Snap N. Koopa - would sound like a character from The Boondocks I guess; can't pinpoint an exact character at this time, Terri Fye - Marle (Mind Controlled; Puyo Puyo Tetris 2), Fridgette and Jim I can't describe at this time (though I can do the voice for Jim myself)
Goombatt (language warning):

What is your oc method to deescalate a situation?

Zuka
7dF5jXx.png

Really depends on the context, but most of the time, situation ain't all that serious. Prob would tell 'em to calm down and try to work out differences. 'Course, if they don't want to calm down, then it's mostly their problem? However, if words come to blows, I'll have to restrain 'em, we don't want anyone gettin' hurt.

Mayro
HV3Fl5L.png

Mediate like a sane person. If Wario's involved, though, he's going down. I do know my fighting moves around here, so don't mess with me, my brother, or my friends.

Teecruh
EpEikm2.png

Well.... if there's some real jerks involved, maybe a small fire under their pants can be a good form of persuasion.

Does your OC have their own house?
7dF5jXx.png

Yep. Not much of a place, but there's a nice garden in here and a kick bangin' bird feeder.

HV3Fl5L.png

The price of houses isn't exactly the cheapest where I'm from, so no. My credit score is pretty good, though, and I have a decent savings account, so me and Louis are trying to save up for a bigger space.

EpEikm2.png

Nope! I'm new in Mushroom Kingdom so I'm just roomates with someone else!

Does your OC have their own house?
Amai, who none of you would know, does
I'll write in her words
"My nest, you could say, is elaborate for a reason. Some hapless fool outside is fleeing those notorious beasts, the logical decision brings them right in here. They're always so focused on those things, with their lack of subtlety, since they're everywhere.
They mindlessly try to go deeper, to be safer.
They don't see the blood of the humans meant to cared for.
They don't hear the soft movements in the vents above.
They feel safe.
They don't even know that they've fallen into my web…"

Last edited:
Does your OC sleep with any stuffed animals or plushies? If so, what are they?

Cayde sleeps with a plush golden retriever named Max (those familiar with megaverse lore will know why)

Siy sleeps with plushies of Stitch, Daffy, and Tails.

Back