The Bird With Batrachotoxin
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
The month of May ushers in, depending on where you live in the world, what's either the hottest part of the year or the coldest part of the year. Either way, there's probably someone around you complaining about the weather. Thankfully, we've invented a variety of ways to control the climate of our homes, which means you can get yourself to your preferred temperature, settle in, and enjoy Issue 158 of The 'Shroom.

As explained in the Staff Notes (you all do read those, right?), a dearth of participants means we have had to cancel the Animal Crossing: New Horizons Photo Contest. Thanks to those of you who expressed interest, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. We'll be using this as a learning opportunity to refine the experiences The 'Shroom offers its readers, so, please, be on the lookout for some new activities we have in mind that we'll roll out in the coming months.

There's something else that May ushers in, too, and that's our Awards season. You can look in the Awards board on the forum and see the flurry of activity that's already going on as we prepare to shift gears and fully enter the season next month. If things seem quiet now, it's only because it's the calm before the storm. Enjoy this month's issue, and please look forward to all we're preparing for the next few!

The amount of foreshadowing in this month's issue is very amusing honestly. Hang on... I can feel it too, the big surge is coming very soon. Hold on tight!

The true MVP contributor this month is Ninja Squid (talk), who submitted a total of four Fun Stuff sections! Thank you so much for your hard work this month, and please find yourself a therapist in the coming future.

lmao

wait a sec...

I thought writing for Fun Stuff was the actual therapy, and that you Rose were our therapist. That "Whack-a-Squid" was some kind of training exercise. Are you telling me that were fooled all this time? How preposterous! Hey Fun Stuff writers, let's revolt against all this nonsense, and ask for a refund. We should not let any obstacle get in our way!

The lack of Animal Crossing submissions is amusing given how the popularity of that game exploded, plus it's the talk of many people even in this community, but for some reason there's a lack of incentive for people to submit something. Perhaps I should not be one to talk, given that I do not have that game myself.

Anyway, for this month, I am going to predict that the "World of Plight" is going to win the second month in a row, because Pirate Goomba is like an easy ticket for people to be taken into your work.

Thank you for reading.

The lack of Animal Crossing submissions is amusing given how the popularity of that game exploded, plus it's the talk of many people even in this community, but for some reason there's a lack of incentive for people to submit something. Perhaps I should not be one to talk, given that I do not have that game myself.
There is actually a likely reason for this.
The previous two games, for Odyssey and Smash, don't require much planning to make a good picture. Find a good spot, do something funny (fitting clothing optional), click capture, profit.
Animal Crossing on the other hand takes time to set up the scene you want to capture, which may be off-putting if you only have a short timespan available.

Back