JBX9001's Art Gallery 3

JBX9001

IT'S-A GO TIME, MO' FO'S!
Okay, so this time I'm gonna make more of an effort to share any of my Mario-related art on the forum here. It'll keep me more active and you guys get to see even more of my content (which includes OCs by the way)! I'm gonna try to remember where I last left off on Part 2, so here goes:

Mario Vs. Dario 2.png
A new art piece of Mario fighting Dario (12/26/2018)

1981 in 2019.png
A tribute to the game that started it all, done for New Year's... Last year... 😅 (1/1/2019)

MP2 Costume Meme - Airashi.png
Airashi Furuya in the costumes from Mario Party 2 (1/15/2019)

JBX9001 5th Anniversary.png
A drawing celebrating my 5th year over at DeviantArt (1/20/2019)

Kiyu T. (2019).png
This is Kiyu T. a young Toad girl and extreme otaku; runs an anime club at a school called Toadstool High School.

The Day They Met.png
What it was like when Mario & Airashi first met (2/14/2019)

Regretful Thoughts.png
"Regretful Thoughts", featuring Goombatt and Kiyu T. (3/8/2019)

The Fallen Hero From Another Dimension.png
"The Fallen Hero From Another Dimension" (3/17/2019)

Plush Blush.png
"Plush Blush" (3/27/2019)

Snap N. Koopa.png
Snap N. Koopa, an aspiring photographer and best friend of Goombatt's.

Kid Dario.png
How Dario looked when he was a kid (13 years old to be specific)

Yokiko The Drama Queen.png
A drawing showcasing how dramatic Yokiko Furuya, Airashi's little sister, can be (5/20/2019)

Protective Fathers.png
"Protective Fathers" (contains extremely niche headcanon) (6/18/2019)

Jim.png
Jim, a member of Kiyu T.'s anime club; he's an awkward doofus who's a little too open about his weirder side.

Fridgette.png
Fridgette, another member of the anime club, but she's got "a more refined taste"; wants to be an author

Ech, Why, & Jeez.png
Mario & Airashi dressed as Ash Ketchum and Serena, respectively (7/6/2019)

Brandon.png
Brandon, the class president of Toadstool High (and a total working stiff)

Powerful Kid Mario.png
"Kid Mario" as of 7/17/2019

Airashi Says Mario-kun A Lot.png
Some variations on Airashi's facial expressions when blushing, with dialogue for context. (7/20/2019)

Whew, this is already quite a lot, and there's more to come! The remaining pictures will be added later, but I hope you all like what I have for ya here so far!

Good freakin' Lord, I gotta stop forgetting to come back here...! Hopefully you all see this next one I'm sharing. If not, I'll have to start a new thread for art once more. So on that note, for now I'll just share one, since I'm on lunch break at work.

8B6F1FB6-1EE8-4DB6-9D74-99EBD33B9A4E.jpeg

Here's another one in between my work break; this one is an interaction between Airashi and her siblings; Koji and Yokiko:
740BB19C-8E1D-4F72-9BA5-4D50E26506C8.png

For today's drawing, here's my take on Mario and Luigi's parents; I call them Marco and Luana!
ECDBD178-8F2D-45ED-928E-B7D3C756016C.png

Next on the list of OCs is a character by the name of Rei Mizushima! I don't think I've done a proper reveal on her yet, so I'll provide a brief description and some of the drawings featuring her so far:
239B292E-88D9-4254-AA04-53B4240FDA5F.png

Rei is a shrine maiden of the Mizushima family, a clan known for dedicating their lives to the exorcism and repelling of evil ghosts and similar undead beings. As such, she has been trained from a very early age in the ways of martial arts and various magic spells created specifically for taking down the specters her folks hunt down all the time (the fan she's holding there is actually enchanted with magic; to ghosts, it is as deadly as the sharpest blade imaginable). She's best friends with Airashi Furuya, and harbors a crush on Luigi; but due to her upbringing and sense of maintaining a tough image, this tends to give her a disposition commonly seen in tsunderes (don't worry; she wouldn't dream of hitting Luigi! But if anyone else gives him a hard time...)

DCDA3B60-E56D-4AB1-9D3E-4453B79B3887.png

This is Rei at 5 years old; before having undergone her training, she was actually very afraid of the malevolent spirits she would grow up to destroy. Rumor has it that fear hasn't completely faded away in adulthood, but for the honor of her family name, Rei refuses to show it! (The rabbit doll she's holding, "Usagi-san", has a spell tag attached to it; this was to keep her protected from ghosts during her childhood, before she could just fight them off herself).

D455D5D3-736C-4917-8CBF-DA8ABF7B4B8C.jpeg

An "Ask the OCs" type of drawing, the question being submitted over on my DA page. Also a good example of Rei's tsundere personality! (Hikari Temple is basically where Rei lives; haven't drawn it yet, but basically, think of how Japanese castles look, and you get a basic gist of what it's like)

FC1029BF-77FD-45ED-9838-1C6A6308C2AE.png

A short comic strip showing an interaction between Luigi and Rei (Goombatt's here too!)

7F6CB8B2-7266-4F19-BE90-0B35DB85AA42.png

Another "Ask the OCs" submission, this one being in response to the comic strip!

42DA4F3D-0956-41A5-8192-06C4561AFFE1.png
54A724F9-F277-40F2-A295-CCD5EE39B994.png

Rei is normally a stickler for her family tradition and prefers to stick with wearing her kimono; nevertheless, I've drawn her in some alternate costumes here (the "Mr. L" custom outfit is my newest drawing of her actually!)

An animation I made of Rei on Flipnote Studio 3D! Hopefully it shows up once I post this entry (If you're wondering what she's saying, that's left to your imagination! Plus, well, the source I got the audio from didn't have subtitles)

Last edited:
Here's a picture I made it of Goombatt back in late 2020, mainly because before then, his last profile artwork was back in 2016!
EA8B16D3-A0CB-4A9A-924E-C3B248313DB4.png

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand guess who's back? I swear I really need to remember I have an account here... At any rate, though the past few years have been rather inactive for me, as I found myself not drawing very much for a while. But nevertheless I did produce more art, and this year I've been getting back into being more productive with my drawings. So once again, let's pick up where we left off.

After the last drawing I shared with y'all, I think the next one was of Airashi Furuya dressed as a Pionpi, those enemies from Super Mario Land:

Pionpi Airashi.png

Next I updated the mock-up Mario costume for her, and I even went ahead and added palette swaps for if she was playable in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate:
Airashi's SSBU Color Options.png

Following this I decided to include her in a much more detailed piece, kinda intended as a wallpaper for my fan project, Super Mario JBX:
Lovely (Full Version).png

So uh, before I keep going, I should let y'all know I do draw my fan characters a lot, and Airashi is pretty much the poster girl of my work. So do expect to see a lot of her...! ^^;

Moving on, I drew this in response to that old "joke" about the whole Mario dying on March 31st thing because of Super Mario 3D All-Stars' limited availability:
Luana Has Had Enough.png

This is my take on Mario and Luigi's mom Luana, which I remember sharing before. This was before the movie of course, but I don't feel like just dropping my design because of it. Maybe I should find a happy medium for the design going forward instead?

Back