Kirby Star Allies: Poor performance on Switch Lite

YoshiFlutterJump

Power Star
MarioWiki
YoshiFlutterJump
Hey, so I got a Switch Lite for my birthday a couple weeks back, and today I started playing Kirby Star Allies on it. The performance is terrible compared to my experience on my regular Switch. The music frequently cuts off, and the game crashes a lot more than it should. I've mostly encountered these issues in Story Mode. I attempted a test run through Heroes in Another Dimension, which has infamously laggy bosses even on regular Switch, but the game crashed during the Meta Knight portion of the first level.

I have not encountered any issues with any other games (aside from slightly longer load times), nor did I experience any performance issues with Star Allies on my regular Switch outside of the normal HiAD lag.

Are there any Lite owners here experiencing similar issues? Is this a normal occurrence? Should I just contact Customer Support about this?

It's possible you've gotten a defective Switch Lite or your copy became busted, since Google isn't turning up any common issues with the game. Did you play Star Allies on a normal Switch recently?

It's possible you've gotten a defective Switch Lite or your copy became busted, since Google isn't turning up any common issues with the game. Did you play Star Allies on a normal Switch recently?
Not particularly recently. I still have my regular Switch so I can test it on that when I have time, but I'm fairly certain that my copy of the game isn't the problem, as the game has never given me any trouble before.

As for my Lite being defective, it might be possible. I wanted to see if any other Lite owners were experiencing these same issues with Star Allies before jumping to conclusions. Star Allies is the only game giving me such issues, and I know from experience that Star Allies can be rather demanding even on a regular Switch. I doubt that it's a problem with my specific Lite because of this.

Also, I should clarify that, when I say the music cuts out, it's just the music. Sound effects still work properly most of the time, so it might be an issue with the Lite playing more than one sound at a time. I get the same issues with headphones though, so it's not my Lite speakers.

Games can wear down due to use, so it's always safe to make sure that it still works normally on consoles it should work on.

Tested a few stages on a regular Switch. I can now confirm that the game does indeed work without issue on a regular Switch, and that my game card is not the problem.

So probably your Switch Lite might be defective then. You should try exchanging it or something.

So, the problems seem to have miraculously fixed themselves. Not quite sure what it was but it probably had something to do with my headphones (as I was using a pair when I encountered these problems.

Anyway, I've been playing Kirby on my Switch Lite to my heart's content and it works perfectly.

Back